• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 Mafia |OT| Side: Scum

nin1000 (2)
natiko 1940
sorian 1991
oceanicair 2026 (2026)

ty4on (0)
oceanicair 1986 (1993)
oceanicair 2026 (2026)

oceanicair (1)
fluxwavez 2018
oceanicair 2026 (2026)

fluxwavez (0)
oceanicair 2026 (2026)

sorian (0)
oceanicair 2026 (2026)

starsketch (0)
oceanicair 2026 (2026)

stanleypalmtree (0)
oceanicair 2026 (2026)

natiko (1)
oceanicair 2026

An up to date vote count can be found here.

Majority is 5

Day Ends:
bla_1487624400.png

Ty4on

Does Nin number one and OA number two sound stupid? We'd have one mislynch before lylo if both are town I think. Assuming no more neutrals and two scum. That lylo turns into mylo if we only kill one if my math is correct.

nin1000

Banned
since i wont be around for the day end i will just go with my gut. Fuck it.
It was a good game and a really really good scum play.

Vote:Sorian

just to show you that you are not untouchable

gg wp everyone.

Sorian

Banned
Why did we lynch Blarg again? Or Bronx? Voting records right? What about nin's voting records makes him scum then.

So which is it now? This is a far bigger difference between what I've said about your roles. I said it was awfully convenient and went to skeptical, so I don't see a major jump. You say it makes sense as an FA and now you never really trusted it? And I don't want to hear about convenient FAs and claims that discourage Sir Commuter, when your entire game has revolved around a convenient claim. Especially when you bemoan the fact that you die early and happen to get an role that gives a reason to stay alive for a while.

We didn't lynch neither Blarg not Bronx for voting records? I'm sure it was a part of it but Blarg was marked from day 1 for acting a fool and Bronx was marked for his attitude after PR deaths. If there was a similarity, it would be that they were both caught in lies.

As for the two quotes you pulled, why not quote the first thing I said to you on the matter? Did it not fit your narrative?

This is an example of one I would have kept to myself. All this does is make some people want to coddle you and others want to put pressure on you only for the sake of the claim. It's a distraction at best and scum trying to make early excuses at worst.

-----

This talk makes me wonder if there is a forbidden action cop. Not sure how useful that utility would be.

Just because I said it makes sense as an FA doesn't mean I trusted it or you. The way it was claimed was still the issue. Nice and early and in such a way that dissuaded people from ever really voting for you. That point never changed.

Sorian

Banned
Does Nin number one and OA number two sound stupid? We'd have one mislynch before lylo if both are town I think. Assuming no more neutrals and two scum. That lylo turns into mylo if we only kill one if my math is correct.

Assuming two scum and OA telling the truth, we have 6 v. 2 right now.

nin and OA both die and are town somehow then it's 4 v. 2. Tonight's death brings it to 3 v. 2. Still two days worth of deliberations just in the worst case people need to actually be careful with their vote tomorrow since a stray one and scum can just jump on it for the hammer. So yeah, it ends up being the same.

The skeptic in me sees that nin is protecting OA from being second place with that vote but I guess Kark was right in questioning how being tied for second worked, I didn't really think ahead to these later days where second one only be a vote or even no votes in some cases where it could be unanimous.

nin1000

Banned
i just wanted to state that i am very dissapointed in the way you played Star. I would have expected more from someon who is almost confirmed town.

To the rest who did not even take a stand and put a vote down.
kido.gif

you are worse than Sorian, he at least had the balls to put a vote down.

Natiko

Banned
Okay I'm on mobile but here for day end. Going to skim and see if I missed anything, but aren't we missing several votes currently? Also the vote tally looks hilarious from OA's vote bonanza.

FluxWaveZ

Hm, only 50% of us have voted.

Sticking to OA. His arguments have not convinced me otherwise at all, I still think he's scum. I'll switch to nin if it looks like there's a tie going, though, since I scum read him, as well.

Natiko

Banned
So Ty can't vote, Stanley is never here. Star can still vote. I expect OA to come in and vote for Sorian to force a tie and take themselves out of contention.

nin1000

Banned
Because I didn't vote.

I posted that before I saw nin post btw. So no he didn't guilt trip me

Again, still sucks that you are NOT taking a stand and making yourself clear to the rest of town where you stand.

you have been missing all day long even though you are one of those players who are somewhat "cleared".

Town i think you should reconsider that there might be the option of a override scum player.

We didn't lynch neither Blarg not Bronx for voting records? I'm sure it was a part of it but Blarg was marked from day 1 for acting a fool and Bronx was marked for his attitude after PR deaths. If there was a similarity, it would be that they were both caught in lies.

As for the two quotes you pulled, why not quote the first thing I said to you on the matter? Did it not fit your narrative?

Just because I said it makes sense as an FA doesn't mean I trusted it or you. The way it was claimed was still the issue. Nice and early and in such a way that dissuaded people from ever really voting for you. That point never changed.
I'm telling you keeping it hidden until I was threatened would be even worse. But saying it makes sense is more or less the the same to me. The second post was a clarification of your stance anyways.

That's my point though about voting records, but if you're going to lynch me tomorrow then let me die now. Because me dying today removes me from the equation and saves us from a mislynch tomorrow which will most definitely lead to a loss.

Anyways, on mobile so I can't really see any new posts. But top 3 posters is where I'm still looking for scum.

And so they settled on another target. This one had to be despair, they were running out of targets to lynch, and getting desperate.

Nin1000 has died

As Nin gave his last breath, yet another explosion struck. The survivors found themselves blown off their feet, and it sounded as if part of the building had collapsed.

OceanicAir has died

Nin1000:
Welcome, to the third and final battle between Hope and Despair.

You are a Reserve Course Student, and are aligned with the Future Foundation (This is town).

You’re not special, you have no unique talents and the only reason you’re here is due to budget cuts. You do however have the power to vote, that is, if anyone thinks you’re worth listening to.

You win when all threats to town have been eliminated

Looking at your wrist, you see a bracelet displaying a message. Your forbidden action is Being the first or last voter in a town mislynch. This will ignore previous unvotes.

OceanicAir:

You are a Reserve Course Student, and are aligned with the Future Foundation (This is town).

You’re not special, you have no unique talents and the only reason you’re here is due to budget cuts. You do however have the power to vote, that is, if anyone thinks you’re worth listening to.

Looking at your wrist, you see a bracelet displaying a message. Your forbidden action is Being the second highest vote leader at the day end

Night Ends:
bla_1487710800.png

Another morning, another dead body. But this time something was different, standing over the body was Sophia, covered in blood and holding an axe.

"Wait, what?"

"Yeah, I don't get this either, pretty sure I died."

As she finished speaking, once her bracelet started ticking, and once again an explosion struck, this time the building could take no more, they ran for the exit as it came crumbling down around them.

Stranded on an island, surrounded by rubble and with little to no chance of rescue, they had no choice but to continue trying to weed out the remnants of despair amongst them.

StanleyPalmtree has died

Looking at your wrist, you see a bracelet displaying a message. Your forbidden action is Not fake claiming a forbidden action by the end of day 4.

Survivors Remaining: 5

Day 5 begins

Day Ends:
bla_1487883600.png

Majority is 3

Ty4on

*inhale*
ok

Lylo and all that. Don't vote for anyone because scum could turbo if you vote for town.

Stanley was an interesting kill for sure. Right now I'm gonna go shop, but I want to have a conversation with everyone still in this game.

Natiko

Banned
I'm incredibly swamped at work and will have to stay late. Popping in to say obviously do not put a vote down at all until we reach a general consensus or scum will likely end the game. We have been on a shitty streak lately, but we can still turn this around. I think at this point it's highly likely the scum team is Flux and Ty. To get a general idea go back and look at my reads list. I knew the possibility existed of a Bronx/Flux/Ty combo but I really thought nin and/or OA were going to flip scum. I can discuss my thoughts more later tonight and will respond in brief bursts as I can in the meantime.

Ugh. So neither Nin or OA were scum.

Aside from Nin throwing shade at me because as usual I was being a useless townie, where should we be looking?

OA had some good points on Sorian's convinent claim but since we're in Lulo and Sorian seems to be on most people's town lost that might not be the best idea.

Sorian

Banned
Leaving Star alive is cute. Star, you know you actually have to vote today right? All 3 town have to vote together or the game is over. At this point I feel like I've been taken for a ride enough that I'm starting to doubt the overrider is even town but I need some base to work from so that's as good as any.

So first off, I was an even night commuter the whole time. The first claim was the truth and the second was meant to screw with scum if they ever felt like they needed to kill me. Obviously not the case since I'm been in their pockets the whole time. I claim fully now because assuming we lynch correctly today, the kill tonight really doesn't matter.

Second, I re-read the entirety of day 1 and day 2 yesterday with a sprinkling of the more recent days. Both days were extremely boring and lost on a lot of Blarg and I'm annoyed to find there wasn't much to Splinter from day 1. It's clear to me that they killed him because he was on AB and Bronx hardcore but his only other strong pushes that day were Terra and Blarg. Re-reading Royal, I'm still not actually sure why he died, I admit I started to skim a bit when I got to day 2 but I tried to focus his posts specifically among others and I just didn't see anything. He was solving but his attention wasn't focused enough on anyone nor did he claim in anyway that I saw so either they just wanted to kill someone who was actually playing or they took his lack of claimed FA to think he was a PR and went from there.

That said, my early reads on both Natiko and Flux are the issue. I gave Natiko an early pass and held it all the way through the game but sometimes the answer is really simple and re-reading the end of day 2 shows that. Natiko is the reason we killed Blarg and Bronx lived another day. It's a small thing but after night 1, scum would be more worried and wouldn't risk another death so soon especially when Blarg can be easy to lynch and still come out looking clean.

Flux is a bit more of a fringe case for me and thank you scum for killing Stanley because I wasn't sure who it was between Flux and him. I don't think Natiko and Ty4on are scum together. I think the loudest players still being alive is cover for someone but I don't think scum was running two town leaders. That and re-reading Ty, I don't actually see him doing anything that scum would do. He was never agenda driven in anything that I saw. I can't point to anything Flux did and say there it is but I'm suspecting that he got an out from a lot of early reads and from Kark removing his FA. It wasn't a huge change but he participated a bit more day 1 and took a back seat once his FA was removed. I think there was some sub conscious thought that Kark ended up being town and he trusted Flux so Flux was town. I also think that Flux got excused (by me a lot) for his behavior because he is more engaged as scum and handing him that made his job easier. Be less engaged in the game and look town? What an easy life.

I'm voting Natiko today unless I'm convinced otherwise. I'm glad two died yesterday, I would have strolled right into a loss if we had to lynch nin and OA separately but both those options being wrong flipped this on it's head.

FluxWaveZ

OA had some good points on Sorian's convinent claim but since we're in Lulo and Sorian seems to be on most people's town lost that might not be the best idea.

And why not? The fact that he's on most people's town lists, the fact that he's Sorian, and the fact that he's been one of the most active participants in the game should raise alarm bells, not make you just dismiss him.

Now that we're potentially one mislynch away from losing, and that both of those who I thought were scum were not, I am very strongly considering the possibility that Sorian is scum.

He implied that the reason he intentionally mixed up his power role was to confuse scum, but I think it was instead to confuse town. It was possibly meant to be used as an excuse as to why he's still not dead.

StarSketch is town... though I'm becoming less sure. Natiko says me and Ty4on are the scum team... I wonder if the scum team is actually Sorian and Natiko, the two people who were consistently at the top of town reads throughout the game.

Ty4on

Ugh. So neither Nin or OA were scum.

Aside from Nin throwing shade at me because as usual I was being a useless townie, where should we be looking?

What do you think about surviving another night?

Sorian

Banned
And why not? The fact that he's on most people's town lists, the fact that he's Sorian, and the fact that he's been one of the most active participants in the game should raise alarm bells, not make you just dismiss him.

Now that we're potentially one mislynch away from losing, and that both of those who I thought were scum were not, I am very strongly considering the possibility that Sorian is scum.

He implied that the reason he intentionally mixed up his power role was to confuse scum, but I think it was instead to confuse town. It was possibly meant to be used as an excuse as to why he's still not dead.

StarSketch is town... though I'm becoming less sure. Natiko says me and Ty4on are the scum team... I wonder if the scum team is actually Sorian and Natiko, the two people who were consistently at the top of town reads throughout the game.

Take it how you will, I did what I did for the dual reasoning of being greedy and wanting to play the game for more than a day phase or two and to see if I could scrounge any utility at all out of my role. I'm well aware that because of how yesterday ended, suddenly scum has to sling mud at a new candidate. A case could be made that I'm doing that with my u-turn on Natiko and I could make a case that you are doing that here with me. That said, I could have just sat on Ty if I wanted to do that, him and Natiko would be about as hard to lynch, might as well stick with the one I had an old read on.

FluxWaveZ

What makes you lean town on me Flux?

Nothing? How are you twisting my words in your favor like that? You could very well be scum. Thinking that the scum team might be Natiko and Sorian doesn't mean I don't think it's anyone else.

That said, I could have just sat on Ty if I wanted to do that, him and Natiko would be about as hard to lynch, might as well stick with the one I had an old read on.

As hard to lynch? At this point, I feel like everyone has about the same chance to be lynched, because it's all so nebulous. What worries me are the people who were dismissed until this point because they kept being "town read," so they were practically untouchable until today.

Really, unlike kingkitty and (potentially) StarSketch, there's nothing any of us have that really validates any of us as town.

FluxWaveZ

Actually, considering the mislynches up to this point and the neutral who died early, is it not possible that there's actually only one scum member left? Why have we been operating with the assumption that there are 2 left?

Ty4on

Nothing? How are you twisting my words in your favor like that? You could very well be scum. Thinking that the scum team might be Natiko and Sorian doesn't mean I don't think it's anyone else.

It just seemed like that.
Actually, considering the mislynches up to this point and the neutral who died early, is it not possible that there's actually only one scum member left? Why have we been operating with the assumption that there are 2 left?

I got a PM telling me that my FA is no longer active because we're close to the end (paraphrasing). I take that as a confirmation we are in lylo.

Sorian

Banned

As hard to lynch? At this point, I feel like everyone has about the same chance to be lynched, because it's all so nebulous. What worries me are the people who were dismissed until this point because they kept being "town read," so they were practically untouchable until today.

Really, unlike kingkitty and (potentially) StarSketch, there's nothing any of us have that really validates any of us as town.

It's always harder to lynch more active people. I'd put myself Natiko and Ty4on in the high activity grouping here. We were all within like 20 posts of each other when I checked (because I was bored and curious if I was still first for my lesser activity in this game and nope, Blarg has it with all the song posts).

Is it possible? Yes. Why would we even work under that assumption though? Thinking today isn't lylo is a dangerous gamble that doesn't hurt us in the least to worry about but helps scum completely if we ignore.

Ty4on

Edit: That's why I said lean town.

That said, my early reads on both Natiko and Flux are the issue. I gave Natiko an early pass and held it all the way through the game but sometimes the answer is really simple and re-reading the end of day 2 shows that. Natiko is the reason we killed Blarg and Bronx lived another day. It's a small thing but after night 1, scum would be more worried and wouldn't risk another death so soon especially when Blarg can be easy to lynch and still come out looking clean.

Do you have any examples of you yourself being cautious of Natiko earlier?

Wait, what? Why would you get a message like that?

Did anyone else get this PM?

Your FA is removed, Star's doesn't matter anymore and neither does Sorian's and Natiko hasn't claimed his yet. It's very possible I was the only one who got it.

Sorian

Banned
Wait, what? Why would you get a message like that?

Did anyone else get this PM?

Forgetting the rules Flux?

Game Specific Rules:

Self Voting is allowed.

The game will use strict majority, so 50% of the votes + 1.

Day phases at the start will be 3 days, with 2 day night phases, these may be shortened as the player count decreases.

Do not post after the day end.

Vote counts will be handled by Royal_Flush's vote tool which can be found here (ctrl+r to refresh the cache).

For balance purposes, some forbidden actions will be removed when the game reaches MYLO/LYLO. You will be informed via PM if this applies to you.

Should a player die within the final hour of a day phase, the day will be extended by an extra hour.

If you are unsure about whether something will violate a forbidden action, PM a mod before posting.

Day Start/Ends:

Day 1 Start
Terrabyte20xx dies
Day 1 Ends
Day 2 Starts
Day 2 Ends
Day 3 Starts
Day 3 Ends
Day 4 Starts
Day 4 Ends
Day 5 Starts

Day Ends:

bla_1487883600.png

--------

That said what was your FA Ty? I'm pretty sure you said but I'm not remembering.

Sorian

Banned
Do you have any examples of you yourself being cautious of Natiko earlier?

No? Read what I said and just remember the game. I've effectively ignored Natiko every time he's come up. I made a day 1 read and Natiko never did anything that really bucked my thought process so I just kept town reading him and moving on to others. At this point, what's left is impossible so I had to go back and re-evaluate and without my original bias, Natiko is the real issue on the day 2 vote.

FluxWaveZ

Forgetting the rules Flux?

Oh... I see. I guess that makes sense for Ty4on's.

Sounds like a PM I would have got if I still had my FA.

That said what was your FA Ty? I'm pretty sure you said but I'm not remembering.

Weird, isn't this the second or third time you weren't aware of someone's FA? It's here:

Because this could bite me later, my FA is that I can't vote in the last 12 hours of the day. I can unvote though.

Ty4on

You're not as solvey as OA, tsk tsk.

I was not allowed to vote 6 hours before the deadline. I claimed 12 thinking it could be helpful down the line should there be some scum shenanigans. I crumbed 6 by making the first and last sentences 6 words long.
Because this could bite me later, my FA is that I can't vote in the last 12 hours of the day. I can unvote though.

I wanted to find a lynch I felt stronger about than Faddy's, but I did not find one. I'll still read more and yell to the other players who I'd rather lynch.

Still not feeling the Blarg lynch :/
Hmm, that first one isn't a sentence :S
I don't remember why, but I think it was thinking a period or colon was too obvious?

Sorian

Banned
Also, there is no reason that Natiko shouldn't be claiming his FA today, also everyone should be overtly claiming at this point if they haven't already, even if it's just vanilla.

Top Bottom