• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 7, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

Pluto

I guess that means her days are numbered. Maybe?
Definitely, we knew she'd leave TWD since it was announced that she'd be the lead on the new Star Trek, it doesn't matter what anyone claims (a producer said she'd still do TWD iirc), she won't be able to do both, it's not going to happen.

SamuraiX-

Content Roundup – Episode 712: “Say Yes”

NEvR9mW.jpg

AMC Inside The Walking Dead:
  • The Making of Episode 712, “Say Yes” - N/A
  • Inside Episode 712: “Say Yes” - AMC
  • Preview of Episode 713, “Bury Me Here” - AMC | International
  • Sneak Peek of Episode 713, “Bury Me Here” - AMC | International
Producer & Cast Interviews:
Critic Reviews:
Talking Dead's Inside The Dead
  • Tonight's episode featured the first walker ever to fire a gun. An off-camera crew member pulled fishing wire attached to the trigger to make an M16 prop gun fire.
  • For the scene where Rick and Michonne fell through the roof, Andrew Lincoln and Danai Gurira were repeatedly doused with water at the start of each take. They were able to get a little revenge on director Greg Nicotero when the cameras stopped rolling.
  • According to Gerg Nictero, the romantic candle-lit scene between Rick and Michonne was inspired by a popular 1980s film. "Sixteen Candles".
PLEASE SPOILER TAG ALL PREVIEW/PROMO AND GRAPHIC NOVEL DISCUSSION. REVIEW THE OP FOR COMPLETE THREAD RULES ON SPOILERS.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Good episode. The comedy bits landed well. I'm glad they developed Rick & Michonne's relationship some more.

I'm very concerned for Sasha and Rosita. There is no way their plan goes off without a hitch. And both of them storming The Saviors without backup and only Eugene on the inside...bad combination of factors there.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I thought that was a good one - not a lot of movement, plot wise, but it had some really nice moments between Rick and Michonne. Their scenes had a sexy playfulness that the couples on this show all too rarely get to experience. You also really got the sense that they were having fun out there killing all those zombies, which is a refreshing direction to take the action scenes in after 7 seasons of mostly "this is really dangerous and hard and scary" type stuff.

There were also some lovely shots, like the one where we see Michonne's shadow kill two zombies.

Fliesen

Also pretty disappointing that Michonne's will to live instantly disappeared when she thought her man died. The character is stronger than that.

yeah, fuck that moment.

What a weird episode after the amazing one we got last week.
I do love it when they show them systematically clean up a limited bunch of walkers.

Sapiens

Yup. That deer was the worst CG I've seen in recent years. Reminded me of this:

Also, yes, fuck the writers for doing that to Michonne. Fuck em. That is not her. She has emotions and shit, but she compartmentalizes. She's tough. This better not be the harbinger of them killing her off.

jond76

Banned
If there was any doubt that they toned down the violence this half, this episode proves it

Shadow kills, not showing the slices and stabs, no blood for hatchet strikes...

Not sure how you can argue that when there was an extended sequence of Rick teering a zombie apart piece by piece. Or Rosita gratuitously slashing that zombies throat out with puss spilling everywhere.

Sometimes its just an artistic choice.

I really liked this episode

Mr.Shrugglesツ;231570263 said:
So it was to troll the audience to see Michones reaction to possibly losing Rick.
How is that "trolling"? It's not the first show, movie, etc. to show how a character would react to a situation like that

jett

D-Member
This is the kind of episode that brings TWD down as a whole. There are too many of these slow-ass episodes where very little of import or interest happens.

The garbage pail people continue to be awful.

"You don't know shit about shit" wow - did these writers go to college for that?

I don't think these writers know "shit about shit" when it comes to deer either. No deer is going to be hanging out near a noisy ass carnival filled with noisy ass walkers that's not how deer role.

If you go into a forest, making a bunch of noise non stop, you're not going to come across a deer ever.

And also the trash pile people, I wish they did a backstory episode of how they suddenly all became absolute imbeciles. Also nice trust of a group of people you have met for about 2 days, hey here's all our guns. Please don't fuck us over, there's an honor code all of a sudden?

If i was the trash pile people I'd just say "thanks for the guns" and shoot them in the back as they walked away.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Such a dull episode.

Like anyone thought Rick was dead ffs, also why the hell would Michonne just give up at that moment? Character is stronger than that.

Deer CGI was weird as fuck too.

Surfinn

Anyone else feel like Rick/Michonne have zero romantic chemistry? It feels like whenever they're trying to push more than a friendship, they both start acting super weird and out of character. The collapsing roof scene was straight up bizarre, lol.

Which is a shame because they're fantastic together and you can tell they really care for each other.. just not feeling the romance side.. at all.

Theorry

Anyone else feel like Rick/Michonne have zero romantic chemistry? It feels like whenever they're trying to push more than a friendship, they both start acting super weird and out of character. The collapsing roof scene was straight up bizarre, lol.

Which is a shame because they're fantastic together and you can tell they really care for each other.. just not feeling the romance side.. at all.

Yeah they never had it. Thats why it was so weird they were suddenly a thing.

Surfinn

Yeah they never had it. Thats why it was so weird they were suddenly a thing.

I love them together because there's clearly a connection, but I wish they would have just kept it as close friends. It just feels incredibly forced and I think their characters kind of suffer from it.

But don't get me wrong they did have some good scenes in the last episode.

I didn't mind the episode but I've accepted TWD for what it is and just watch it but don't expect much.

It should be obvious by now that out the 16 episode season, there are usually only 4 or 5 episodes worth watching.

The season premier, midseason finale, midseason premiere and the season finale.

Every once in a while there might be a good episode in between but that's usually it for the most part.

Not sure how you can argue that when there was an extended sequence of Rick teering a zombie apart piece by piece. Or Rosita gratuitously slashing that zombies throat out with puss spilling everywhere.

Sometimes its just an artistic choice.

I really liked this episode
It was very noticeable. My brother was watching some episodes from older seasons, like when they cleared the prison and when they escaped Terminus, it felt like a different show at times especially with the zombie kills

Mediking

I guess Negan likes Dwight so much because Dwight symbolizes a person he can break down and turn into an ally. But at the same time... Negan isn't dumb. He has to be suspecting SOMETHING.

And Carol is actually back!

arite starting last night's episode now.

rick x michonne is the best thing about the show right now but what make's rick think he can trust those weirdos by the junkyard?

Decent episode except whoever is in charge of CGI on this show needs to be fired ASAP.

That and the "LOL Michonne look I can do a Glenn trick too!" thing.

dustyherb

arite starting last night's episode now.

rick x michonne is the best thing about the show right now but what make's rick think he can trust those weirdos by the junkyard?
He probably doesn't trust them. I mean maybe he does but I honestly think he's just desperate for an army. It's not like he has a lot of choices so he's just taking what he can get.

usually when things are all happy for the characters then something bad happens right after that. so something is probably gonna really fuck rick & michonne's shit up soon.

Surfinn

usually when things are all happy for the characters then something bad happens right after that. so something is probably gonna really fuck rick & michonne's shit up soon.

Well regardless of what happens they definitely foreshadowed the shit out of one of them dying in the future. Maybe Michonne dies in the upcoming conflict.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
It was very noticeable. My brother was watching some episodes from older seasons, like when they cleared the prison and when they escaped Terminus, it felt like a different show at times especially with the zombie kills
I think they were just saving money and effort on fx.

On the general topic, artschool trash colony still feels really out of place. In the episode they were introduced I was like "did I skip an episode, what is this" and then I couldn't fully follow Gabriel's explanation at the end either.

Surfinn

I think they were just saving money and effort on fx.

Considering they content they've been pumping out weekly, I don't get why they'd need to feel the need to save money. I mean the vast majority of the show now is people talking and walking.

For being the biggest show on cable TV, it really doesn't feel like they have a big budget at all. But they must.. right?

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Considering they content they've been pumping out weekly, I don't get why they'd need to feel the need to save money. I mean the vast majority of the show now is people talking and walking.

For being the biggest show on cable TV, it really doesn't feel like they have a big budget at all. But they must.. right?
Budgets aren't distributed evenly episode by episode, even when they are large. I think it's a safe bet we'll see some expensive set pieces toward the end of the season.

Tara talking to Judith was cute.
And why do they talk like neanderthals? Feels really out of place to me.
yeah it was actually quite annoying.
Decent episode except whoever is in charge of CGI on this show needs to be fired ASAP.
it's not really their fault is it if they're just cutting the budget for CGI? but yeah that deer in the second shot was fake as fuck. it looked pretty real the first time though.
That and the "LOL Michonne look I can do a Glenn trick too!" thing.
yeah aha that was kinda stupid too since we've seen the fakeout so many times on this show. i get that they did that to setup for a convo afterwards but they didn't have to go all that far to do that.
He probably doesn't trust them. I mean maybe he does but I honestly think he's just desperate for an army. It's not like he has a lot of choices so he's just taking what he can get.
I feel like he would just not behave the same way with them the way they are showing him to. you know? or perhaps the whole negan thing has humbled him a bit but he can't lose who he has become.
Well regardless of what happens they definitely foreshadowed the shit out of one of them dying in the future. Maybe Michonne dies in the upcoming conflict.
oh god I hope not. that would really suck.

overall though even if this episode was kinda one note and slow, I liked it. rick x michonne 4 life

LQX

Oh no, Rick almost got eaten by Zombies. That would have been so tragic for the season and the series if Rick had actually been under that pile of Zombies. Lucky for us...

Elandyll

Banned
How is that "trolling"? It's not the first show, movie, etc. to show how a character would react to a situation like that
It was about Michonne's journey, from being a borderline autistic recluse, to allowing herself to love again and the realization that in their world she could very well lose again, and whether she could deal with that thought or not.
In contrast, Carole is fighting tooth and nail to not lose the last tiny grasp she has of her old self, because she is afraid of who she is becoming.

Michonne is on a journey becoming human again, while Carole is losing her humanity.

Now, it may be because I am a Rick and Michonne fanboy, but I enjoyed this episode a LOT :)

Lorcain

How does Rick even know that the art junksters are worth a shit in a fight? It would be hilarious if they turn out to be terrible fighters. They just start doing group expressionist dancing like in The OA, except with guns as props.

Surfinn

Budgets aren't distributed evenly episode by episode, even when they are large. I think it's a safe bet we'll see some expensive set pieces toward the end of the season.
I'd rather them take some of the budget from the end and invest in some good between episodes. But that's always been the pattern I guess. Filler and a couple good episodes. Though I gotta say seasons 1 and 2 felt incredibly different.

sfedai0

Banned
zzzzzz a Rick and Michonne slash fest. This show has the worst pacing. I might have missed it but are they ever going to address the cause and possible resolution to the zombie outbreak? Seems like every season consists of finding a new settlement with some baddies and they fight.

How does Rick even know that the art junksters are worth a shit in a fight? It would be hilarious if they turn out to be terrible fighters. They just start doing group expressionist dancing like in The OA, except with guns as props.
not like he has any other moves to make. They could suck at aiming or betray the group but with the kingdom being pansies he pretty much has zero other moves.

Surfinn

I hope Rosita is going very soon. She's long overdue. And it sounds like Sasha could be going just as she gets likable again.. damn. Bob really humanized her, she got super pissed and angry for like 3 seasons, and now she's going in the other direction. Rosita has just been angry and pissed off for the longest time and essentially taken her place as the annoying "everything sucks I'm so angry at you" character. It was old a few seasons ago.. so tired of the mismanaged character development. And Morgan for example.. they easily could have brought him back into a more balanced/realistic perspective by having to kill the dude who was gunna murder Carol but nope, back to "there's another way", so clearly that entire turning point in his arc was wasted.

I've been so torn on this show for two full seasons now. Sticking around because I'm invested but it sucks to see them make the same mistakes episode after episode.

It just never feels like there's a clear direction. Like they're literally making shit up as they shoot it.

I'm normally pretty blind when it comes to spotting bad CGI but that deer was something else. First time in many years watching television and spotted that something was definitely fake.

Also, the way the garbage people talk is fucking annoying.

This is the kind of episode that brings TWD down as a whole. There are too many of these slow-ass episodes where very little of import or interest happens.

The garbage pail people continue to be awful.

Yeah it was a really bad episode. Also with you on the garbage people...they are just terrible.

Top Bottom