• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 20, 2017 (May 15 - May 21)

Calm Mind

PREDICTION LEAGUE JUNE 2017

[PS4] Tekken 7 (25 days) - 90,000
[NSW] Seiken Densetsu Collection (25 days) - 50,000
[NSW] Arms (10 days) - 175,000

Hellraider

Predict how much these titles will sell in the month (from May 29 to Jun 25):

[PS4] Tekken 7 (25 days) - 100.000
[NSW] Seiken Densetsu Collection (25 days) - 50.000
[NSW] Arms (10 days) - 150.000

zeromcd73

Ah, maybe you are probably thinking of game data museum?
http://gamedatamuseum.web.fc2.com/

That was my favourite Japanese game sales website. I believe it closed down about 2 years or so ago now. Here is an archive of the site up until October of 2012
http://archive.fo/8lJT#selection-275.0-569.1

Thanks for the translation. Small correction, this interview is with Haruhiro Tsujimoto, the president and COO. His father, Kenzo Tsujimoto, is the CEO.

Thank you for the correction :)

horuhe

Here we have! New Switch shipments for this Sunday. Very few units and by lottery. The lottery tickets will be distributed from 9am to 10am, and the winners for the lottery can order their units, at 12:00. New shipments for PSVR as well on Saturday.

Tamanator

[PS4] Tekken 7 (25 days) - 112,500
[NSW] Seiken Densetsu Collection (25 days) - 25,000
[NSW] Arms (10 days) - 127,000

SS

ßig

Unconfirmed Member

[PS4] Tekken 7 (25 days) - 130,000
[NSW] Seiken Densetsu Collection (25 days) - 20,000
[NSW] Arms (10 days) - 100,000

Is the prediction league an open contest? can a junior member like it join it?

No

watershed

Banned
Here we have! New Switch shipments for this Sunday. Very few units and by lottery. The lottery tickets will be distributed from 9am to 10am, and the winners for the lottery can order their units, at 12:00. New shipments for PSVR as well on Saturday.
This is such a crazy way to sell anything. Nintendo needs to start meeting demand.

[PS4] Tekken 7 (25 days) - 82k
[NSW] Seiken Densetsu Collection (25 days) - 40k
[NSW] Arms (10 days) - 150k

L~A

Apparently Korean game company NC is giving out Switch + Zelda BOTW to all 3000 employees for 20th anniversary.

I find it pretty amusing, because Nintendo hasn't even announced the Switch for Korea. Not surprising since I remember them significantly downsizing the Korean branch a short while ago. I wonder if they'll try again in the future.

Shizuka

I only have JapanLTDRank and Garaph bookmarked, not sure if they are what you're looking for

Ah, maybe you are probably thinking of game data museum?
http://gamedatamuseum.web.fc2.com/

That was my favourite Japanese game sales website. I believe it closed down about 2 years or so ago now. Here is an archive of the site up until October of 2012
http://archive.fo/8lJT#selection-275.0-569.1

I think it's Garaph, but it's helpful to have options. I forgot how to navigate the platforms, but I'll try to remember later today. Thanks, guys!

noshten

COMG Update
- Splatoon 2 is now just 88 points behind both versions of DQXI combined
- DQXI PS4 version has surpassed the 3DS version and well on track on being the best performing game on COMG for the PS4
- DQXI on 3DS pre-orders seems pretty disappointing thus far considering the difference in potential audiences
- Arms has barely moved - it's become a necessity that the Testpunch to go well and generate some interest

I'm surprised how closely the 3DS and PS4 versions of DQXI have been tracking on Comgnet.

How is it faring compared to previous titles?

The last DQ game was released so long ago that it's hardly a barometer but I'd say if we were to judge it based on prior DQ it's probably doing worse.
Perhaps people are waiting for the Switch version or kids simply have moved on and there isn't enough older gamers to pick up the slack.

u_neek

I'm surprised how closely the 3DS and PS4 versions of DQXI have been tracking on Comgnet.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!

My usual rule is to make Comgnet series comparisons in the last month before the release, since that should be when factors like delays and other circumstances potentially influencing preorders have the least influence on preorders. It's too soon right now.

COMG Update
- Splatoon 2 is now just 88 points behind both versions of DQXI combined
- DQXI PS4 version has surpassed the 3DS version and well on track on being the best performing game on COMG for the PS4
- DQXI on 3DS pre-orders seems pretty disappointing thus far considering the difference in potential audiences

- Arms has barely moved - it's become a necessity that the Testpunch to go well and generate some interest

The last DQ game was released so long ago that it's hardly a barometer but I'd say if we were to judge it based on prior DQ it's probably doing worse.
Perhaps people are waiting for the Switch version or kids simply have moved on and there isn't enough older gamers to pick up the slack.

Genuinely surprised by the bolded. I have to imagine it'll shift closer to release.

Vena

Which is part of the reason why I avoid this place now. It seems to be an incredible strain for people here to have a plain discussion.

There's nothing to be said. The amount of people in question for DQH/DQB is a few hundred thousand total, and the latter + sequel spread over PS3/PS4/PSV. The amount of expected/anticipated sales for DQXI total is an order of magnitude more.

We're talking like 10% of a needle move here.

The real discussion is potentially that the 3DS is actually under performing strongly, the PS4 version isn't going to suddenly sell 1-2m+ first week because of some small number of people that bought a PS4 for DQB/DQH, with the latter and DQB2 requiring Vita support to maintain healthy software sales because of "previous DQ titles doing their job". (The other possibility is that COMG is leaning on pre-orders that are non-representative, or that the more casual going audience of the 3DS has no interest or need to pre-order.)

That whole narrative has always been "lol" worthy because its a drop in the bucket relative to the actual brand power of DQ and what figure we expect it to do. Now had DQH/DQB sold 1-2mil each? Ya, maybe then it'd actually be relevant.

test_account

XP-39C²
There's nothing to be said. The amount of people in question for DQH/DQB is a few hundred thousand total, and the latter + sequel spread over PS3/PS4/PSV. The amount of expected/anticipated sales for DQXI total is an order of magnitude more.

The real discussion is potentially that the 3DS is actually under performing strongly, the PS4 version isn't going to suddenly sell 1-2m+ first week because of some small number of people that bought a PS4 for DQB/DQH, with the latter and DQB2 requiring Vita support to maintain healthy software sales because of "previous DQ titles doing their job". (The other possibility is that COMG is leaning on pre-orders that are non-representative, or that the more casual going audience of the 3DS has no interest or need to pre-order.)

That whole narrative has always been "lol" worthy because its a drop in the bucket relative to the actual brand power of DQ and what figure we expect it to do. Now had DQH/DQB sold 1-2mil each? Ya, maybe then it'd actually be relevant.
Seems that you had more than just "lol" ;)

Mory Dunz

if 3DS can't pull it's weight, will the game's performance end up lower than we all thought. Wasn't 5 mil being thrown around before.

Oregano

if 3DS can't pull it's weight, will the game's performance end up lower than we all thought. Wasn't 5 mil being thrown around before.

Wait you mean there's a possibility it won't be the most successful third party game of all time? Say it ain't so.

5 Million isn't an impossibility but I've fairly sure that's higher than the combined total of DQVII and DQVIIR which always made it an optimistic prediction.

hiska-kun

The 3DS is on its last legs. And most of its releases are underperforming, including big games like Pokemon and Monster Hunter.
DQXI will be just another game on the list.

hongcha

COMG Update

Quite interesting. I wonder if the early announcement of the Switch version is hurting the 3DS version's preorders more than SE anticipated. If I only had a 3DS + Switch, I'd wait for the Switch version, personally.

lol
seriously people here thinking that PS4, a system with a barely 4mln installed base, can do better than 3DS ?

DQ11 is a 4mln title (at least) by hands down, Niigata prefecture is not representive of the whole market, preorders are not indicative as they were 10 years ago, people are not waiting for the Switch version
cause they even can't get the console...

keep calm and have faith in (your) lovely 3DS

even if to be honest the rolling demo showed into shops are pushing more the PS4 version
cause it's the more expensive one
eheheheheheheh

I'm impressed at the amount of assumptions you're making here. I didn't say a single thing similar to what you're suggesting. Of course, you would have known that had you taken the time to actually figure what I meant with my comment but that goes back to my point of how things work here.

Oregano

I doubt the vast majority of the DQ audience even knows the Switch version is a thing considering how much SE is burying it.

Vena

I'm impressed at the amount of assumptions you're making here. I didn't say a single thing similar to what you're suggesting. Of course, you would have known that had you taken the time to actually figure what I meant with my comment but that goes back to my point of how things work here.

Well then, I apologize. Feel free to elaborate with more than one sentence.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
It makes me wonder if the switch success isn't due to how desirable the concept is but that people are just ready to move on from the 3DS

tolkir

Dragon Quest is underperforming on 3DS since VIII version, both Joker 3 included.
Casually since S-E started to launch Dragon Quest games on PS4.

Maybe some audience has started to see Dragon Quest on HD and it doesn't want to go back.

Of course, it could be many more reasons for this underperforming: not best moment of the IP, mobile games, Splatoon 2 close launch, future Switch launch, superior PS4 version.

Top Bottom