• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No US SNES Classic Pre-order for now due to missing FCC Approval

So we basically have to wait for an FCC clerk to "leak" the certification form for the SNES Classic before we can start up the NA Pre-order hype train.

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
We need a pre-order date, so we can get RefreshGAF back together.

God I feel dumb, I saw it there but for some reason didn't bite. Very well might be my last chance with my luck but I have to be optimistic. I hope and pray I'll have another chance soon enough.

B.K.

The page for the SNES Classic is completely gone from Wal-Mart's site. I'm afraid all the orders will be cancelled. I got one in, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Docpan

I can't believe I actually got one with seconds to spare. I fumbled with both my walmart account I never knew I have (who uses walmart) and then nearly froze up on the paypal side as well. Everyone knows Nintendo is going to pull the same BS this time so pre order is the best chance any of us have. Good luck to everyone else, but I'm good ;)

Kindekuma

Banned
I want to point out that not only did Walmart sellout, the page for the item has been removed entirely. (https://www.walmart.com/ip/Super-Nin...ype=14&veh=aff)

edit: beaten

The page for the SNES Classic is completely gone from Wal-Mart's site. I'm afraid all the orders will be cancelled. I got one in, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Hmm, do y'all think the pre-orders were up by accident? Or they removed the page to offload web traffic?

Rirse

Neo Member

The Switch pre-order I got from Best Buy last year had it's page erased after it ended, and I still ended up getting it from them. While that is another company, it probably stand practice among companies on high traffic pages, probably so they don't get DDOS by people refreshing to see if it comes back.

BriGuy

The hold on my credit card is there, but the lack of a confirmation email is a bit worrisome. I think. I can't remember if I've ever ordered anything from Walmart before, so maybe this is par for course.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I don't know why it was locked so fast, would be nice to have a discussion about what just happened.

It's a general policy of ours to lock stock alert and stock announcement threads as soon as we notice that the product is sold out. This prevents other people from loading GAF, seeing "Switch in Stock @ Amazon go go go" who at best end up disappointed and at worst end up with having to cancel a 1-click order to a third party.

Conversely, our SNES Classic announcement thread (where we would typically encourage this sort of conversation) got locked because people weren't listening to the mods and were unnecessarily bumping the thread every hour saying "It's going to be in stock at midnight" followed by three pages of people saying "Hey, I heard it was going to be in stock at midnight, is that true?" which again was causing a whole lot of confusion on the board.

EDIT: Also all of the "fuck the scalpers" posts that inevitably follow the product going out of stock.

Velcro Fly

The hold on my credit card is there, but the lack of a confirmation email is a bit worrisome. I think. I can't remember if I've ever ordered anything from Walmart before, so maybe this is par for course.

For what it's worth I ordered about 2 minutes after it went up and I got a confirmation email.

Mashing

I don't know if people are trolling, but lots of reports of cancellations. I haven't gotten a cancellation yet, so here's hoping.

LiK

It's a general policy of ours to lock stock alert and stock announcement threads as soon as we notice that the product is sold out. This prevents other people from loading GAF, seeing "Switch in Stock @ Amazon go go go" who at best end up disappointed and at worst end up with having to cancel a 1-click order to a third party.

Conversely, our SNES Classic announcement thread (where we would typically encourage this sort of conversation) got locked because people weren't listening to the mods and were unnecessarily bumping the thread every hour saying "It's going to be in stock at midnight" followed by three pages of people saying "Hey, I heard it was going to be in stock at midnight, is that true?" which again was causing a whole lot of confusion on the board.

Now that US-based pre-orders are actually happening, we would probably allow another similar "pre-order discussion thread" assuming everyone plays nice.

Can you make the thread? It's certainly worth having a discussion about now. Please.

cordy

Banned
I had one ordered and then "couldnt verify your payment" so they cancelled my order.. I used paypal. I missed out :(

That's what I did too and my order wasn't confirmed, luckily my brother and homie got one. Idk why Paypal didn't work for me. I just used it to preorder something else.

I got a confirmation email immediately, and this was 2 minutes before it went out of stock.

I can't believe I actually got one with seconds to spare. I fumbled with both my walmart account I never knew I have (who uses walmart) and then nearly froze up on the paypal side as well. Everyone knows Nintendo is going to pull the same BS this time so pre order is the best chance any of us have. Good luck to everyone else, but I'm good ;)

The same happened to me and I just created a new account. Took me all but a minute since I knew I was competing with thousands of Wario's followers. I did it immediately since I have his notifications set to ring my phone.

Wouldn't a title change accomplish the same thing?

Then again, I guess all that's left to say in the thread is 45 people saying "damn missed it."

EDIT: Also all of the "fuck the scalpers" posts that inevitably follow the product going out of stock.

It's be awesome if we could have a thread set up so we could talk about it with clear rules in the first post. :)

NeOak

What's wrong with my comment? Is talking about scalpers against TOS now?

Got my pre-order in (confirmation email and hold on my card), but I'm kind of worried since the product page was nuked. Guess I'll find out if it goes through/gets cancelled closer to release.

Top Bottom