• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Deal: Sign-up For 30-Day Audible Trial and Get 3 Free Books

Yeah, as long as your order hasn't shipped yet you can cancel and you'll get the Audible credit back

Is this 100% confirmed? Because I've already placed an order for the Scott Pilgrim complete set in a hurry but now I really want the Nausicaa set. I am BTW in Mexico with Mexican debit card, I don't want to push my luck here after successfully getting something I'm somewhat interested in....

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
Is this 100% confirmed? Because I've already placed an order for the Scott Pilgrim complete set in a hurry but now I really want the Nausicaa set. I am BTW in Mexico with Mexican debit card, I don't want to push my luck here after successfully getting something I'm somewhat interested in....

Yeah, I cancelled my original order and placed a 2nd one and the discount was applied both times. Obviously your miles may vary if you're ordering outside of the US, but it definitely worked for me.

From audible chat:

Hmmm... the offer is going until November. Say someone opened a 2nd account and bought 2 cheap physical books... they should theoretically get the offer for the $50 Audible credit then right? ��

NMFried

I never want to push my luck in these scenarios, but now I'm thinking about it to see if a comic omnibus would fit the criteria.

That second one seems real weird.

I imagine the thought process is "Let's give them a free book since they buy lots of books and they'll be more inclined to check Audible out if we give them a free book." Well, worked for me. Will be listening on the commute home tonight.

Yeah, I cancelled my original order and placed a 2nd one and the discount was applied both times. Obviously your miles may vary if you're ordering outside of the US, but it definitely worked for me.

Hmmm... the offer is going until November. Say someone opened a 2nd account and bought 2 cheap physical books... they should theoretically get the $50 credit then right? ��

I never want to push my luck in these scenarios, but now I'm thinking about it to see if a comic omnibus would fit the criteria.

Oh man... That Nausica set looks real nice tho... But on the other hand the Scott Pilgrim set looks good... God damn! GAF WHAT DO?!

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
I ended up getting the Amano book listed in the OP since I've loved Final Fantasy since I first played VI (III for us Americans) when I was a kid. Had no idea what audio books to get since the idea of listening to a book rather than reading it seems nonsensical to me, but I ended up getting It and Ready Player One.

Would it be totally crass to just cancel my trial right the heck now? I have a bad habit of forgetting to do things even if I leave notes everywhere in plain sight.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
I ended up getting the Amano book listed in the OP since I've loved Final Fantasy since I first played VI (III for us Americans) when I was a kid. Had no idea what audio books to get since the idea of listening to a book rather than reading it seems nonsensical to me, but I ended up getting It and Ready Player One.

Would it be totally crass to just cancel my trial right the heck now? I have a bad habit of forgetting to do things even if I leave notes everywhere in plain sight.

I haven't cancelled my Audible trial yet, but the way the Amazon Music trial worked was that if you cancelled your trial before the end of the trial period it just didn't renew on the 31st day. I imagine this one is similar, but maybe someone that's already cancelled will chime in

That second one seems real weird.
I imagine the thought process is "Let's give them a free book since they buy lots of books and they'll be more inclined to check Audible out if we give them a free book." Well, worked for me. Will be listening on the commute home tonight.
What's really weird is that I just counted and I've ordered 6 books in the last 6 months. So now I'm back to being confused.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I haven't cancelled my Audible trial yet, but the way the Amazon Music trial worked was that if you cancelled your trial before the end of the trial period it just didn't renew on the 31st day. I imagine this one is similar, but maybe someone that's already cancelled will chime in

You lose your Audible credits if you cancel before you use them.

Hmm. Not a bad deal...

JTyN1aW.png

Ovid

I've been looking for book on either Python or C++. I think I might go with the one mentioned in this thread.

I just wish I knew what books were on the promotional list though.

I didn't realize you could get any book with the deal. Would have gone for the Planetary Omnibus instead of the BOTW guide.
Wait...you can?

It just has to be $50 or less, right?

TraBuch

Banned
I haven't technically bought a book in the last six months, but I do have Kindle Unlimited and rent books really often. Wonder if that fits the criteria.

But I'm also not a new Audible member. I signed up for a free trial a year or two ago.

My bank already charged me for the shipping and it's a huge pain to get them to refund me the canceled order. Welp, guess the Scott Pilgrim set will do nicely, free is free tho, thank god I follow Wario now lol.

NoRéN

I haven't technically bought a book in the last six months, but I do have Kindle Unlimited and rent books really often. Wonder if that fits the criteria.

But I'm also not a new Audible member. I signed up for a free trial a year or two ago.

I mentioned something similar earlier but people aren't reading.

Like you, I've had audible but not in the last 3 months.

I also bought alot of comics during the Marvel digital comics sale and I think that is what helps to qualify.

HA! FINALLY got it to work. I found a book and just kept refreshing the page until the banner changed to the Audible one. Why the hell it took me refreshing the page several times for it to work is strange, but oh well.

Got a nice 45 dollar book on Reconstruction. Yippie!

Jencks

Banned
Seems like the Nausicaa set is oos from Amazon. Only a third party is selling it now, and it won't qualify for the promotion :(

EDIT: Nevermind, just had to click around a little. Got one arriving on the 18th!

NoRéN

It's interesting because I'm not a new customer and I have not bought 2 books in the last 6 months. In fact the account I used hasn't even been used for 6 months since I'm using my Brother's Prime Student account now.

I think they caught on and their restrictions are actually applying now.

I've been looking for book on either Python or C++. I think I might go with the one mentioned in this thread.

I just wish I knew what books were on the promotional list though.

Wait...you can?

It just has to be $50 or less, right?

I went for the cancellation just now and it worked. Planetary coming on Monday for me.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Amazon is usually really good about their chat but I've now spoken to 7 people and each time they don't know what to do so they send me to another person.

ryan299

so it worked fine on my prime account but on a regular old account it says i only get 2 free audiobooks with a trial.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Doubt it. If you got it, you got it. They just don't seem to have their shit together.

I guess they worst they can do is cancel my order since they've already sent me the order confirmation email with a price of zero. I suppose I'll wait and see if it actually ships before I cancel the trial.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Finally got a person who knew what was going on and they told me the 2 book in the past 6 months thing, too. It's bullshit that they don't tell you that when you first sign up...

Top Bottom