• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Japanese Launch Thread

D-Pad

GCX said:
http://i.imgur.com/7736J.jpg[IMG]

Props to Nintendo for making some cute use of those holes.[/QUOTE]

I can already see Animal Crossing's box ~

The wait is going to be [i]torture[/i].

GCX said:
7736J.jpg

Props to Nintendo for making some cute use of those holes.
If you are going to do it, you might as well use it. I hope hey keep up with this

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
I'm happy people are enjoying their 3DS, but don't forget to show it to your cat. Use the 3D camera to take pictures of mice and stuff and see if they try and eat it through the screen.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
This comes out march 27th everywhere in the world.
all these reports and pictures of people with the system before me are fake. surely

@johntv
John Ricciardi
Just recorded an epic #3DS launch @84play - will be live by Saturday morning US. Watch for it! #84play

this is all I was looking for hmm its 1am here I wonder what time morning means

Smiles and Cries said:

@johntv
John Ricciardi
Just recorded an epic #3DS launch @84play - will be live by Saturday morning US. Watch for it! #84play

this is all I was looking for hmm its 1am here I wonder what time morning means
Oh sweet!!!

neptunes

so do all (or any) of the titles come with a wifi infrastructure mode? or just local ad-hoc?

edit: lol at most of those people playing psp's

ghostmind

Another console succumbs to the "cases with speed-holes" syndrome. At least carts are studier than discs, and hopefully Nintendo makes creative use of them in NA.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Cheesemeister said:
Here are my photos from this morning's launch. Sorry for the delay.

Please ask any questions you might have about the system!

Just impressions would be great. What games did you pick up? Can we have some pictures of the dock, etc? How's the weight of the system feel compared to the DSi?

Honestly, after watching tons of un-boxing videos, I think Blue and Black are pretty even in terms of awesomeness. They both look quite good...

I like how the Blue one goes from light to dark on the top, but the Black one looks nicer when the blue power button light is on against the Black.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Tricky I Shadow said:
If it was all blue I’d probably go for it...but yeah, the half blue/black thing is a turn off for me.
I see 4 tones on it. I think..

Bottom- light aqua blue
Inside bottom screen- aqua blue
Inside top screen black
Top- black/aqua blue blend

I like the top blend only.

Zzoram

I'm sure revision 2 will be much sexier. Kinda how the Lite dramatically improved the DS, and the following revisions were still very similar to Lite.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Query: Is the over the shoulder style view in SSFIV directly linked to the 3D slider, or can you still play with the standard camera but with 3D depth?

Truth101

Banned
Those of you have the 3DS have you tried adding anyones friend-code yet? Do both people need to add the friend-code or does it send a request the other player can accept or refuse?

DeathNote said:
I see 4 tones on it. I think..

Bottom- light aqua blue
Inside bottom screen- aqua blue
Inside top screen black
Top- black/aqua blue blend

I like the top blend only.

Cosmo Black also has the separate tones just not as easy to notice

the bottom is a gray color and the middle layer darker and top shiny dark

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I'll admit to falling in love with the blue after seeing these videos. It's very sexy in my opinion. I don't think the colors clash; they fit well, whereas the black is just very plain and not even slick looking.

I'm sure the next revision of the system will be far superior in design, but I'm picking one of these up at launch.

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Nice, thanks for all the impressions.
Just played a couple rounds online in 3D mode. Online plays just as well or terrible as you experience with the console versions. Fun stuff.

Also, some more pics of the black 3DS. :3

8QG9p.jpg

wycxr.jpg

cHA87.jpg

C5Wws.jpg

EatChildren said:
Query: Is the over the shoulder style view in SSFIV directly linked to the 3D slider, or can you still play with the standard camera but with 3D depth?

It's not directly linked since you can still play "3D" mode with the slider off. It also seems slightly smoother framerate wise with the 3D slider off.

Smiles and Cries said:
well at least we know Nintendo can count on donkey show to buy the next revision without a trade-in :3
LOL, I can't think of the last time I got rid of a console.

MidnightScott said:
You should go make some Game OT's. Also, what did you do to your DSi to get it dirty like that? O-o;
I came? :O

neptunes said:
so do all (or any) of the titles come with a wifi infrastructure mode? or just local ad-hoc?

It'll vary by title, but SSFIV has both.

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Is Street Fighter the real deal???

I haven't quite gotten the hang of the controls, but it appears to be a fully-featured port. The character models are dead ringers for their HD counterparts.

EvilMario said:
Just impressions would be great. What games did you pick up? Can we have some pictures of the dock, etc? How's the weight of the system feel compared to the DSi?

I just got SSFIV for now. I've yet to put much time into the built-in software, so expect impressions later.

124a46d4cf07.jpg

124a46d4cf63.jpg

124a46d4cf76.jpg

124a46d4cf8d.jpg

124a46d4cfce.jpg

The 3DS weighs 230 grams (8.1 oz), and the DSi weighs 214 grams (7.5 oz). It's a comfortable weight.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
donkey show said:
It's not directly linked since you can still play "3D" mode with the slider off. It also seems slightly smoother framerate wise with the 3D slider off.

Can I play with the normal camera angle but with 3D on?

vall03

just watched the 1up unboxing video
(why am I considering getting aqua blue?!)
, and noticed no extra stylus? or did I just miss something?

BowieZ

Banned
EatChildren said:
You select either Standard View or Dynamic View before each tournament (at least in the demo), but I imagine you can switch it in an options menu during normal gameplay whenever you wish.

Both view modes work in 2D or 3D vision.

Edit: partially beaten

EatChildren

Mad. Thanks guys.

I was a bit confused as a lot of the impressions I had read made it seem like the camera shifted to the behind-the-back perspective as you enabled 3D, which had me concerned that it was the only 3D perspective you could use.

It would be stupid if you couldn't use 3D on any perspective, but I'm glad to have confirmation.

TIME TO PRE-ORDER.

Top Bottom