• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Redesign Cover Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it isn't against the rules, but can anyone throw together a quick Knights Contract cover? I recently bought the game the used and it didn't come with a cover. My shop skills are terrible. =(

UFRA

Wow, some fantastic designs here.

Unfortunately, the perfectionist in me cannot part with the back-of-the-case details that are normally on games. I actually like that stuff lol.

Mithos

Kung Fu Grip said:
Are you guys just shaping these to size and printing on regular paper?
Machado said:
what's the size?

The templates we use is pretty much or actually are in correct size/proportions, pictures when cutout from template I use become 3225x1752 px, and PhotoShop and PaintShopPro both when starting to print have the correct size/proportions give or take a few parts of a mm.

Going to Printpage in PaintShopPro X3 now with the Tali ME2 cover and size is listed as:
Width: 273,050 mm
Height: 148,336 mm
Scale: 100%

Rengoku said:
As requested, heres one of Tali for ME2

Mass Effect 2: Tali

Nice, didn't even think about that specific artwork (and I have that on the harddrive also), now I need to find some good paper to start a few prints.

Miutsu

Some amazing covers here, I want to start converting my collection to these but I was wondering if any of you knew about a web or something where I could buy the empty cases, preferably the same transparent cases most of the PS3 games use.

Rengoku

Phew, the sly collection one took some time to vector trace... but i'm happy how it turned out :)

The Sly Collection

Red Dead Redemption

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Machado said:
I'm gonna ask again.

what do I need to do this? what kind of printer? paper? size? what else?

any kind of printer, inkjet is best. any kind of paper, thicker stock is best. ideally the poster posts a 300 dpi version of the image and you print it (make sure to uncheck any kind of "resize to paper" setting and make sure it's printing at the right dpi). ta-da!

ithorien

Machado said:
anyone please?

Even the windows viewer will open your image in full, it's the printing that's the issue. If it's cutting off, your printer's margins are probably too big, and the easiest solution would be to use larger paper like you said.

I always print covers on legal, plenty of space.

ithorien

Machado said:
I will do so but first I have to translate "legal" into spanish. I'm guessing it's "tamaño oficio."

thank you very much.

Legal 8.5 × 14" or 216 × 356mm, just look by size.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Man you people have a great talent with these! Anyway, in what size should I print them?

Thanks a lot, I'm already planning to replace many of my future games' covers (I can already see Infamous being another logozone if it has Move support).

Gagaman

Working on a Sega Superstars Tennis cover, just need some more assets for the back and spine. The front is done though might treak the alignments a bit.

35btmwi.jpg

Gagaman

Had a go at a Marvel vs Capcom 3 cover (because the one it comes with is so butt ugly). might be a bit cluttered for some but hey ho.

f1xfd3.jpg

Will upload the full size version somewhere if anyone wants it.

Jomjom

Banned
Damn game devs should hire you guys to do the backsides of the covers for retail games. Since the PS3 cases are clear, these would be awesome to see when you open the case.

Mr.Fresh

ithorien said:
Made this a while back as an exercise in Illustrator, never seen this thread so reposting it now-

If you want a cleaner, crisper vector version, here's the link for that- FF13 Vector cover

=O omg this one looks great I'm going to print so many covers from here. Anyone know what kind of paper they use in the original box arts?

SykoTech

Badass Marvel vs Capcom 3 one, Gagaman. No printer at the moment, but I'd definitely get that and rid myself of Hulk's derp face.

Ezalc

Good lord this thread. It's just wow. That Folklore cover I saw from before man holy crap that's beautiful. Makes me wish boxarts were more like this :( I want some of the original art you guys are using for some of those covers though. Especially that Folklore one, please? :D

Ellis Kim

Banned
You know, we should start a rejuvinated movement for the HD collections that are coming out. God knows the box-within-a-box design is fucking horrendous.

Perhaps starting with Tomb Raider :p

Sorry to ask guys but could someone possibly do a redesign of the Ninja Gaiden sigma 2 cover art? Nothin' fancy or anything like that, just the original cover art with the new PS3 logo on the front and spine.

I guess beggars can't be choosers though so I'll take whatever I can get. Thanks guys.

Gagaman

Marvel vs Capcom 3, Burnout Paradise the Ultimate Box, and Katamari Forever (click for high res).

EDIT: Finished Sega Superstars Tennis for now, though I'm still not 100% happy with the back cover.

I know this isn't exactly the right place to post this, but could someone link me to the original Goldeneye Wii cover art hi-res? I found the game at a rummage sale without the sleeve, but it was $2 so I couldn't resist picking it up. =\

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I really wish I could get my printer to format some of these covers correctly. I have a color laser printer and even if I could get them to format right they would probably look like ass due to the printer.

ithorien

RbBrdMan said:
I really wish I could get my printer to format some of these covers correctly. I have a color laser printer and even if I could get them to format right they would probably look like ass due to the printer.

The FF13 cover I made and printed came out just ok, and I printed it on a "good" color laser at work. Gotta do Kinko's or a pro shop that'll do that for you to get "great" results.

theRizzle

Man, those "minimalist" covers you guys have been making are great. I'm hesitant to start printing them 'cause I'm gonna be bummed that my whole collection doesn't match, haha.

ithorien

theRizzle said:
Man, those "minimalist" covers you guys have been making are great. I'm hesitant to start printing them 'cause I'm gonna be bummed that my whole collection doesn't match, haha.

I decided to drop that project, because I'd have to just do all my games in my style so that they all matched. Then every time I get a new game, I'd have to design my own cover for it and keep consistency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom