• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

72 year old man goes one-on-one with alligator, saves dog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripclawe

Banned
http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2011/may...ne-on-one-with-alligator-dog/?partner=popular

PALM CITY — Gary Murphy said he isn't a hero, even though he rescued his dog from the mouth of an alligator on Thursday.

"I wasn't trying to be a hero," Murphy said Friday. "I just wanted my dog back."

About 4 p.m. Thursday Murphy was repairing a latch on his father-in law's boat in a marsh area near Mapp Road and 33rd Street when he heard a yelp from his 11-year old West Highland White terrier. He looked down and saw the dog in an alligator's mouth.

So, the 72-year-old-retired construction worker said he did what any pet owner would do — he protected his dog.

He jumped on the gator's back, hitting it on the back of head and forcing it to release the dog.

"It was like landing on a pile of rocks," he said.

Murphy and the gator fell into the water, which Murphy quickly got out of.

He scooped up his dog, which he refers to as a "furry little white boy," and took it inside his home.

Friday morning he took the dog to Roman Animal Hospital, where the dog stayed overnight for treatment.

The dog has a compressed lung and several cuts and puncture wounds across its back and abdomen, animal hospital officials said.

Murphy credits his healthy lifestyle, having a background in construction and mostly love for being able to fend off the gator.

However, when he told his wife, who was out of town on business, about the attack and rescue, she promptly questioned his sanity.

"Are you nuts?" he said.

Murphy said he didn't think to report the incident because his only concern was to rescue and attend to his dog's injuries.

"If your kid was in the water with its head in a gator's mouth, what would you do?" he said.

Duki

Banned
wow did that human scum really attack a defenseless animal which was just acting on instinct to rescue his personal property

god that makes me sick

humans are so evil

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
xpress_croc_hunter_345.jpg

Duki said:
wow did that human scum really attack a defenseless animal which was just acting on instinct to rescue his personal property

god that makes me sick

humans are so evil

Excellent parody of the GAF defense force.

Duki said:

god that makes me sick

humans are so evil
Listen you little bitch. That badass of a man you call scum has fuzz under his big toe that's worth more than your whole life. He fought off a fuckin alligator and saved a little dog while you would have run off screaming like a five year old girl. If you have any kind of girlfriend or wife, surely she would leave you for this man after seeing how you react to a man defending his dog. No woman wants a man who can't defend what is his, and your girlfriend or wife would be fifty times happier with this 72 year old stud than your sorry ass wimp of an excuse for a boy.

uwbaritone said:
Listen you little bitch. That badass of a man you call scum has fuzz under his big toe that's worth more than your whole life. He fought off a fuckin alligator and saved a little dog while you would have run off screaming like a five year old girl. If you have any kind of girlfriend or wife, surely she would leave you for this man after seeing how you react to a man defending his dog. No woman wants a man who can't defend what is his, and your girlfriend or wife would be fifty times happier with this 72 year old stud than your sorry ass wimp of an excuse for a boy.

excellent

Count of Monte Sawed-Off said:
Badass! I'd have done the same for my dog. But I probably would have ended up the gator's next meal. Guess it's best to just avoid Florida.

avoid Florida period

FOOTE

uwbaritone said:
lol

uwbaritone said:
<3

Lamel

Banned
uwbaritone said:

lmao

uwbaritone said:
Hahahaha, 10/10.

Duki said:

god that makes me sick

humans are so evil

yes he deserves the death penalty

Plasmid

uwbaritone said:

university of washington baritone has fainted.

uwbaritone said:
Superb.

Bradlums

uwbaritone said:
Lol!

linkboy

Of course nobody cares about the dignity of the poor gator.

He's never going to be able to face his gator friends again, all they're going to do is mock him due to him getting his ass kicked by an old man.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
malyce said:
http://i56.tinypic.com/1o9ilx.gif

Isn't just posting hatersgonnahate.gif and nothing else bannable?

linkboy said:
Of course nobody cares about the dignity of the poor gator.

He's never going to be able to face his gator friends again, all they're going to do is mock him due to him getting his ass kicked by an old man.

He had kids to feed, man. And this old man comes and beats him up for going to the supermarket to get hids kids dinner. WTF, man.

TheSeks said:
He had kids to feed, man. And this old man comes and beats him up for going to the supermarket to get hids kids dinner. WTF, man.

if he wasn't born a damn croc, this shit wouldn't have happened

TheSeks said:

We do not eat dogs in America! It's high times these gators learn the rules if they're going to live here.

TheSeks said:
Isn't just posting hatersgonnahate.gif and nothing else bannable?

IIRC a mod explained the rules exist to prevent people from just posting memes and contributing nothing to the discussion. Haters Gonna Hate was basically used to just dismiss an opposing argument in the laziest and least useful way possible. In this context I don't think it would warrant a ban. Of course you'd need to ask a mod.

Wes

venison crêpe
uwbaritone said:

My word!

Duki

Banned
if only i were shocked and alarmed by the violence-prone hyper-aggressive support of this disgusting individual which I knew would appear on gaf

instead i just weep

the violent, patriarchal gaf hive mind strikes again

if this is how close minded you are about the lives of innocent, moral animals, I hate to think how depraved and morally unsound you are about your 'fellow' man

SamuraiX-

He scooped up his dog, which he refers to as a "furry little white boy," and took it inside his home.

That's some racist ass shit.

uwbaritone said:

Perfect.

lmfao

rvy

Banned
uwbaritone said:
Brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom