• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Ninja Gaiden 3 Details (60 FPS, 8 Player Multi, Co-Op/Versus, More)

My playstation magazine and OXM arrived today with screenshots of the game. People who are a fan of blood should be happy. It looks even more bloody then NG2.

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
The game looks to be running on a more modified Sigma 2 engine. 3 shots are of Ryu slicing up foot soldiers in a dark rainy city street. There's another with him climbing a wall with daggers. And the final shot is him running from some giant mechanoid spider thing.
Rated-Rsuperstar said:
There isn't much but a couple details are -

60 frames per second.
Blood is back.
Difficulty level won't be toned down for casual gamers.
There will be both competitive and cooperative modes. One or both will support up to 8 players.
The store is gone. Weapons will upgrade over time.
Greater emphasis on Ryu's story. No other playable characters planned yet.
May feature Move support.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Rated-Rsuperstar said:
My playstation magazine arrived today with screenshots of the game. People who are a fan of blood should be happy. It looks even more bloody then NG2.
pants.off.

lets gets some vids people!

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
My playstation magazine arrived today with screenshots of the game. People who are a fan of blood should be happy. It looks even more bloody then NG2.

So... what was really the reasoning behind the lack of it in Sigma? >.<

Paracelsus

Metalmurphy said:
So... what was really the reasoning behind the lack of it in Sigma? >.<

Official reason: ratings

Possibly the truth: game upped at 720p couldn't handle so many transparencies and polygons on screen, hence the lack of blood and projectiles.

Paracelsus said:
Official reason: ratings

Possibly the truth: game upped at 720p couldn't handle so many transparencies and polygons on screen, hence the lack of blood and projectiles.
It's on PS3...surely they had much more horsepower to work with. >.<

robor

I've often wondered why people act like they'd die by the words of Itagaki and look up to his work in such a way that Hayashi's chance at even proving himself is utterly futile.

Does anyone else feel this is a severely misconstrued and unfair outlook on the new leader of Team Ninja?

The game looks to be running on a more modified Sigma 2 engine. 3 shots are of Ryu slicing up foot soldiers in a dark rainy city street. There's another with him climbing a wall with daggers. And the final shot is him running from some giant mechanoid spider thing.

Peff

robor said:
I've often wondered why people act like they'd die by the words of Itagaki and look up to his work in such a way that Hayashi's chance at even proving himself is utterly futile.

Does anyone else feel this is a severely misconstrued and unfair outlook on the new leader of Team Ninja?

Ninja Gaiden Black games made under Itagaki's direction: 1
Ninja Gaiden Black games made under Hayashi's direction: 0

It's simple.

robor said:

Hayashi has yet to do anything original in a post-Itagaki Team Ninja.

While I think Itagaki is way, WAY overrated and am willing to give Hayashi a chance (I quite liked Dragon Sword), he is definitely afraid to to do anything on his own. Since Itagaki left, he's ported NG2 (many would argue for the worse), made Other M with Nintendo, and basically just "collected" the DOA games in to a 3DS title.

NG3 will be the first real test of whether he can make a completely original game without a more experienced developer taking the lead, but you're right, people are definitely willing to damn him before that ever happens. I'll wait and see myself.

RavenFox

Banned
WickedLaharl said:
sounds like shit but that was to be expected from team ninjadog
I really wonder about some of you with post like these.

I appreciate what the man is doing. We will be the judge it's good or not.

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
MUST. SEE. NOW!

RELEASE THE SCREENSHOTS! :mad:

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
Yup. I'm not much one for Team Ninja-era NG, but they had me at 'giant mechanoid spider thing'.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
:D Well played.

Seriously though, Hayashi, would it kill you to let me kick some thugs in hockey masks through phone booths?

robor

ShockingAlberto said:
Hayashi has yet to do anything original in a post-Itagaki Team Ninja.

While I think Itagaki is way, WAY overrated and am willing to give Hayashi a chance (I quite liked Dragon Sword), he is definitely afraid to to do anything on his own. Since Itagaki left, he's ported NG2 (many would argue for the worse), made Other M with Nintendo, and basically just "collected" the DOA games in to a 3DS title.

NG3 will be the first real test of whether he can make a completely original game without a more experienced developer taking the lead, but you're right, people are definitely willing to damn him before that ever happens. I'll wait and see myself.

Yea that is indeed true. NG3 really IS his first solo endeavor.

Nirolak said:
Would you be willing to give a recap of the new details?

That's assuming it's not just a screenshot piece.

60 frames per second.
Blood is back.
There will be both competitive and cooperative modes. One or both will support up to 8 players.
Greater emphasis on story.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Rated-Rsuperstar said:

60 frames per second.
Blood is back.
Thanks!

JonCha

The only way I cans see MP working is if it is some kind of challenge mode, think Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
The only way I can see MP working is if it features Rachel, Sonia, Mo-- whoa, time for my pills.

RavenFox

Banned
lol @ folks trolling this in the other thread. oh GAF. I like the New Team Ninja.

edit: Hold on isn't this a new thread?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
JonCha said:
The only way I cans see MP working is if it is some kind of challenge mode, think Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.

I kinda like the idea of a ninja free for all in certain locales. It would be horribly broken without extensive testing, and neutering of weapons, but I still think it'd be cool. It's the first thing I thought of when fighting Fiend Ryu during NGB.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
60 frames per second.

Yeah and DNF has guns.

Blood is back.

Good

Good there's no need

Not sure if going the mp route is worthwhile.

Fuck that shit I loved the store. Muramasaaaaaaaaaaaa

whatthehellisthis.gif

May feature Move support

:(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
60 frames per second.
Yes, yes, yes!!! Eat it Capcom, eat it hard.

Rated-Rsuperstar said:

60 frames per second.
Blood is back.

Bolded: NICE!
Underlined: I'm not too sure about this one. We'll see how it works out.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Bolded: NICE!
Underlined: I'm not too sure about this one. We'll see how it works out.

While I love the store, I think it could work with the store removed. Just have the weapons upgrade with use? As you slaughter your enemies, your weapon levels up? That'd be pretty cool.

Although, the alternative is that the weapons will only upgrade through story events... which I would not be fond of.

UrbanRats

60 frames per second.
Great.

Blood is back.
Also great.

Good news, though having a choice would be perfect, like Sigma 2 or Black.

As long as they can make a decent netcode, because Sigma 2 was a mess, online.

Uhm, not sure if want-- kinda detract from the personalized experience and style of play.

ugh, no, please.

UGH, NO PLEASE!

GuardianE said:
While I love the store, I think it could work with the store removed. Just have the weapons upgrade with use? As you slaughter your enemies, your weapon levels up? That'd be pretty cool.

Although, the alternative is that the weapons will only upgrade through story events... which I would not be fond of.
This is exactly what I'm afraid of.

stuminus3 said:
THE BABY!
Pretty sure Yoshio Sakamoto had everything to do with that.

Hmm also with no store that means no healing items.
Yes yes I know the way you're *supposed* to play NG games is without healing but hmm..something to think about.

i don't understand why people are against move support in a game like this. if you don't like it, don't use it. what's the issue? you think they'd design the entire game around a peripheral that a fraction of the people have?

of course they wouldn't.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
plagiarize said:
i don't understand why people are against move support in a game like this. if you don't like it, don't use it. what's the issue? you think they'd design the entire game around a peripheral that a fraction of the people have?

of course they wouldn't.

Move boob support.

Top Bottom