• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Platinum Games In Charge For MGS Rising Development [Platinum: Nope]

Its amazing the responses that the different PC gaming services get.

Capcom announce that SSFIV is a Games for Window Live title - several pages of people saying how shit GfWL is and how they are now not buying the game.

Vague Konami rumour that MGS is coming to Steam - several posts saying that its simply too good to be true, and many ready to immediately hand over their money.

Developers. please learn from these responses.

androvsky

Finally, PC remakes of MGS1, MGS2, MGS3 and MGS4 are bound to be released digitally via Valve's e-Commerce portal Steam.
Hmmm, supporting Steamworks would be nice, might as well put it all on the PS3 with Steamworks while they're at it. Maybe NGP too. With cloud saves that work between all the platforms.

Would be nice. Difficult to see Konami putting a lot of effort into a PC-only release when they could exploit it like crazy on at least the PS3.

Krev said:
That would be a dream project, but I could see Kamiya Rising.
MGS type wackiness + Kamiya type wackiness + rock solid technical character action = perfect match.

I'm just talking about from a gameplay standpoint. All of Kamiya's games have been action focused. MGS needs to have heavy stealth elements. Even the early plans for Rising still had those stealth elements, although they were going to play out differently due to Raiden being much faster than Snake.

DieH@rd

Banned
Now we know why they did not contact Raiden's original voice actor. :D

Quinton Flynn = FOREVER ALONE, he's not manly enough for Kamiya!

TTP said:
That would explain why Konami has been hush hush about Rising since its announcement 2 years ago tho.
It could explain it, sure. There are a ton of even more plausible explanations, however.

Interestingly, awhile back, when I was thinking about ideas for a sequel to Vanquish (Which probably will never happen.), I thought it would be cool if they could make a ninja variation of the Augmented Reaction Suit. The game would have two campaigns. A shooter campaign where you play as Sam, and a melee campaign where you play as this augmented ninja character.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Snuggler said:
No way.

MGS2 & MGS3, the best games ever on my PC, and fucking Platinum taking over Rising? These things are not possible.
We live in an uncertain and strange world, Duke Nukem Forever went gold. Anything is possible at this point.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
DieH@rd said:
Now we know why they did not contact Raiden's original voice actor. :D

Quinton Flynn = FOREVER ALONE, he's not manly enough for Kamiya!

Ultra

Giga

Graviton

Optic

Blast.

Does this explain Kojima's recent tweeting ramblings?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Easy_D said:
We live in an uncertain and strange world, Duke Nukem Forever went gold. Anything is possible at this point.

True. I have the MGS collection but my PS2 is busted, so having them on Steam would be great. It just seems like a stretch, but who knows, a PS3 HD remake is likely and as far as I know, they could also be released on 360 and PC.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Risk Breaker said:
GT and Forza fans believing together, this is good, isn't it?

Oh boy, please be true.

yes, heck yeah lol

This is of gigaton proportions, if any of this shit is confirmed during E3 this place will go ape shit.

HYDE

Banned
gjd.jpg

Did you rike it?

Anyways, wasn't Kayima talking about Kojima a lot last year? And, aren't they supposed to be pretty good friends?

Even Kojima can bring haters together.

AwShucks

If Platinum is making MGS Rising that means it's likely to be an actual good game.

I was already hyped as an MGS fanboy, but Clover/Platinum is one of my favorite developers of all time so this would make me crazy hyped.

Woah. MGS1-4 remakes on Steam. Thats definitely a way to make those games live on forever. Would be nice to see them on 360/Cafe as well but at least its something.

Big One

Banned
RevDM said:
Sorry, I wasn't aware. Thought it was always on consoles/handhelds.
Actually what I meant is that the first two Metal Gear games were first released on MSX...aka a Japanese PC. Though yeah the first two MGS games were on the PC also.

legacyzero

Banned
Big One said:
MGS4 on Steam?

Yeah enjoy your 40 GB download

I'd buy it at a high price. Seriously. $40-50 for sure.

On Topic: I want so bad to take this with a grain of salt, but I want it all to be true so badly that it's hard to not trust it. OP if you are lying about this, I'm gonna E-Haunt you so bad!!!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
AwShucks said:
I was already hyped as an MGS fanboy, but Clover/Platinum is one of my favorite developers of all time so this would make me crazy hyped.

Same here. And it's not like Kamiya makes down to earth games, I know some people would prefer a new IP, but MGS and Kami could be like chocolate and peanut better.

It's hard to buy any of this, but I especially doubt that MGS4 would be included unless it's getting a way late 360 port as well.

Dever said:
Does Lalilulelo work for Konami or something? Hopefully this ain't just extremely elaborate trolling
He was working for Guerrilla Games back during Killzone 2's development. Dunno if that has changed at all.

OT:

MGS1-4 are heading to Steam, but nor Rising or 5? What?

But on the other hand, LaLiLuLeLo's post...

Or is he your source?

Hm, well I guess if it earns Platinum some money, I'll be okay with this. I'd rather they stick with their owns games though. Leave MGS to Kojima & co.

ezekial45

Banned
This is very interesting.

I always thought that those contracts (that they extended) ensured EXCLUSIVE publishing of all Platinum Games titles.

I'm very intrigued by this.

Radogol

RevDM said:
Sorry, I wasn't aware. Thought it was always on consoles/handhelds.

Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 (MGS is Metal Gear 3) originally came out for MSX, which was a Japanese personal computer.

Metal Gears Solid and MGS 2: Substance for the PC were sloppy ports, though.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
DieH@rd said:
MGS4 will make me to buy x360 controller for my PC /or some similar alternative.

My body is ready.

I will probably use my PS2 DS.

Are you reading this shit Konami?

If it's not true or part of it, make it true. You have our approval.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
RevDM said:
^ people who jump at the chance to reply before reading follow-up posts.
I only wanted to say MGS2 Substance on PC is the most amazing thing ever

It's on a dual layer DVD

makingmusic476 said:
MGS1-4 are heading to Steam, but nor Rising or 5? What?
Rising was already confirmed for PC

Jigsaw

Banned
they would have ported mgs4 to pc and 360 years ago if they wanted to,why now?i call bullshit

or konami really is in bad shape

what's the biggest downloadable steam game anyway?mgs4 is like 32 gigs irrc

Top Bottom