• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita logo revealed?

whitehawk

Banned
Thanks to our own member M.D.

He spotted on the "The Trade Marks and Designs Registration Office of the European Union" that Sony has registered PSVita and Playstation vita, which also reveals a logo. Seems threadworthy enough.

M.D said:
I can't open threads since I'm a junior but SCEE just registered PSVITA and Playstation VITA so it confirmed

Can someone open a thread?

getMarkAttachment

http://oami.europa.eu/CTMOnline/RequestManager/en_SearchAdvanced_NoReg

Search for Sony Computer Entertainment in the Owner field

Logo:

PWzb6.jpg

So I guess it's safe to say that Vita is the name of the NGP. The logo isn't that bad actually, I rather like it.

Salsa

i wouldnt even call that a logo

PSVITA written with the usual playstation font..

im sure we'll see something more polished

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Jarmel said:
Looks like something done in paint.
Fixed. Almost (just to be safe) any logo looks like it's done in photoshop btw, they probably are :p

Anyway, yeah, not feeling this name or the logo. Should have been PSPITA.

Cels

Cool I guess. The only thing I am concerned about is 3rd party support and price of the hardware.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It's real. The quality of the image is nearly 1:1 with the quality of the name they chose for the PSP successor. The image is only slightly better.

Mandoric

Banned
Looks faxed. It'll probably match the newer PS3 logo in better shots.

I'm kinda torn, the stroke in the A doesn't match the P but it would look pretty dumb without it.

Jikagi

Doesn't look that good, but the one tomorrow will probably look a lot better, and I am already used to the name so its good it probably will be this.

Weenerz

Banned
felipepl said:
Hm...

[IMGhttp://gamespundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/psvita-pic1.jpg[/IMG]

How can you play that portable with a crease right down the middle of it? Would be hard.

Paches

Weenerz said:
How can you play that portable with a crease right down the middle of it? Would be hard.

It is bent so when you open up the eBooks app you can read like a book!

Acrylic7

I have no idea who is in charge of Sony, SCE, Playstation, or whatever. But they need fire everyone who attends and or approves of these unnecessarily bizarre meetings just to come up with these terrible terrible names.

Just call it the psp freakin 2.

Replicant said:
GODAWFUL name Sony. WTF were you thinking?

Heh that's been my response to every console name for a long time (since SNES and Sega's console names). Even the original playstation name i didn't like. But I always get used to them and they become a non issue

Acrylic7 said:
I have no idea who is in charge of Sony, SCE, Playstation, or whatever. But they need fire everyone who attends these unnecessarily bizarre meetings.

Just call it the psp freakin 2.

psp was a flop. It wouldn't be good business sense to call it that. Same reason Nintendo didnt call the GBA the Virtual Boy 2

Top Bottom