• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gotham City Imposters - Debut Trailer

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
What the fuck did I just watch?

TF2 + Batman + Halloween = ?

Edit: Then again, they crossed Batman with an FPS. I think some level of genius must be at work here.

I love that everyone bitches about shooters all looking the same, then when a developer tries anything new people freak out about that.

Would you prefer the game to be all brown and populated with bald space marines?

Neuromancer said:
This is the Batmans vs Jokers based shooter I've always wanted

but not the one you need right now.

2th said:
batman doesnt use guns so the whole premise is completely flawed. completely unimpressed.

batman doesnt use guns, sure... but youre not playing as batman. so why doesnt that work?

outunderthestars said:
I love that everyone bitches about shooters all looking the same, then when a developer tries anything new people freak out about that.

Would you prefer the game to be all brown and populated with bald space marines?

How about just not being made?

zlatko said:
Anyone keep tracking of how many TF2 knock offs this E3 has brought? Jesus christ.

Well if Valve would get over their issues and release an XBLA/PSN TF2 package with all of the DLC then there wouldn't be a need for it. But as they won't, console gamers could use a TF2 clone or two.

Khezu

Guys I don't think you really need to worry about monolith, I mean there a big studio, and this is just a small downlaodable game, I am sure there working on something more serious as well.

If they were so interested in making a team based shooter on a licensed property, I would have preferred Green lantern, use ring constructs as weapons and gadgets.

Could have been.

Green, blue, pink, vs orange, red, yellow.

Never going to get a good GL game.

zlatko said:
Anyone keep tracking of how many TF2 knock offs this E3 has brought? Jesus christ.

TF2 knockoffs are pointless... you can't emulate the constant, unparalleled post-release support and spirit that Valve has given this game. The whole evolution of the game is part of what makes it so popular even 3.5 years after release.

Mooreberg

Should have been a preorder bonus with Arkham City. Is Monolith working on something more significant as well? F.E.A.R. 2 came out more than two years ago.

SpudBud said:
How is this related to Batman again?

It looks awful.

It's just a fun setting, that allows the developers to go nuts within the world. I think this game looks like alot of fun. I really don't see the hate.

Ech, as Arkham Asylum and Arkham City try to raise the Batman license out of a pretty horrible video game past, stuff like this brings it right back down.

Sullichin

What the fuck is this terrible looking carnival aesthetic. Compared to Arkham City, this looks like absolute shit.

If there would be a Batman FPS, it should be Splinter Cell spies-vs merc style. Play as Batman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Robin, etc in third person, or play as a villain in first person.

Tucah

you speak so well
Why is this even being made, who wanted a Batman FPS?

If it's good I'm down though, I like Monolith.

Smithy C

I thought I might want to play this game from what was released a couple weeks ago. I don't want to play it anymore.

Ugh... When there were first rumors of a Batman downloadable game, I was thinking a HD side-scrolling platformer with production values akin to Shadow Complex and Bionic Commando and with a heavy emphasis on hand-to-hand combat.

That would have been cool.

Top Bottom