• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Marvel vs Capcom: Hype Train to Comic Con; Now Boarding! Lupinko @ post 500+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Karsticles said:
Interesting fact:
Jem and Mighty Max had a voice actress in common: Kath Soucie. I looked through her voice acting history and didn't find anything that lead anywhere, but it's still worth noting.

Sally Acorn for Super! All part of Sonic's 20th Anniversary.

Kath Soucie has voiced in everything ever. Looking for leads based on her career is like saying, "I'm looking for an actor... that's male."

Nero adds up with a lot of stuff - interesting idea. He looks exactly like Dante to me though, visually. -_-

Why not Ermac?
You know why!

Kath Soucie has voiced in everything ever. Looking for leads based on her career is like saying, "I'm looking for an actor... that's male."
Beggars can't be chosers, yah?

Beth Cyra

Nero could bring depending on how they use him bring even more to the table then even Virgil.

If they used the Devil Bringer in his moveset the right way we could finally have a long distance grappler as, not to mention the charges for Red Queen could be a neat mechanic as well.

Hex

Banned
Hex said:
Belasco?

KiEKa.jpg

He is a teleporter, he is Nightcrawler's daddy.
He was the ruler of Limbo until Illiyana Rasputin overthrew him (Magik) and he was in X-Men First Class and made dumb for some reason.

Red- Travels through portals-Horns
wDsnl.jpg

Would be awesome if it were Magik, she could start as Magik and then Xfactor into her Darkchylde form

0Zfth.jpg

Belasco had an iffy trist with Mystique, just saying

I'll make a Belasco argument for fun:
1) Red
2) Horns
3) His history is told by the poet, Dante; many Dante/Vergil affiliations explained.
4) Raped Dante's lover - dubious relationship.
5) He tried to corrupt Illyana, who is Kitty Pryde's best friend - the Jem connection via voice actress.
6) Other stuff.

I'm bored.

I can see why he had a thing for Magik:
XMENINFR001_COV_COLv2.jpg

Hex

Banned
Karsticles said:
I'll make a Belasco argument for fun:
1) Red
2) Horns
3) His history is told by the poet, Dante; many Dante/Vergil affiliations explained.
4) Raped Dante's lover - dubious relationship.
5) He tried to corrupt Illyana, who is Kitty Pryde's best friend - the Jem connection via voice actress.
6) Other stuff.

I'm bored.

I can see why he had a thing for Magik:
File:XMENINFR001_COV_COLv2.jpg

He actually fell in love with Illyana which pushed it even further, and again he is...wait I am crossing him with another demon as Nightcrawler's dad

enzo_gt said:
hmm, i had another hint, but i realized it's far too vulgar and would make things far too easy #datmarvel
The notworksafe hint revolves around a one time relationship of a dubious nature #datmarvel

In relation to Hint #9.
Clearly he's referring to the time Zero and X hooked up.

He actually fell in love with Illyana which pushed it even further, and again he is...wait I am crossing him with another demon as Nightcrawler's dad
Yeah. Belasco, AFAIK, never interacted with Mystique. You are thinking of Azazel.

Hex

Banned
Karsticles said:
Yeah. Belasco, AFAIK, never interacted with Mystique. You are thinking of Azazel.

Yep, my bad- null and void, would be too out of left field.
I need to drink more.

Dahbomb

corrosivefrost said:
Would Nero count? ;)
No, his costume is purple. Only thing red about him is his sword the Red Queen.

If they used the Devil Bringer in his moveset the right way we could finally have a long distance grappler as, not to mention the charges for Red Queen could be a neat mechanic as well.
Why do people keep saying this? We already have a long distance grappler his name is Super Skrull. Red Queen charges system would be an interesting mechanic for a FG though.

Why do people keep saying this? We already have a long distance grappler his name is Super Skrull. Red Queen charges system would be an interesting mechanic for a FG though.
Why? Because Super-Skrull is too awesome for these people to use.

I will miss having him on my team...

Dahbomb said:
No, his costume is purple. Only thing red about him is his sword the Red Queen.

(1) Yeah, his coat is kind of purple -- I was thinking of the red hoodie he wears under it. Plus his devil arm is red.

(2) Nero could do it in a whole new way... :)

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
corrosivefrost said:
(1) Yeah, his coat is kind of purple -- I was thinking of the red hoodie he wears under it. Plus his devil arm is red.

(2) Nero could do it in a whole new way... :)

I think the lining on his coat is red. His Red Queen is obviously red, but his Devil Bringer is clearly purple and blue. Anyways, it's not him.

GuardianE said:
I think the lining on his coat is red. His Red Queen is obviously red, but his Devil Bringer is clearly purple and blue. Anyways, it's not him.

His vest, if not part of coat lining, is red.

And is some pictures/caps/etc. the outer "shell" of his devil arm can appear orange/red -- the blue glow seems to turn it purple in color as well, but that makes sense since red+blue = purple. :)

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/219/176956-untitled_2_large.png

Never thought it was him... though I can hope, as it's one of the only ways capcom will get my money a second time... I was just thinking "lots of red" brought Nero to mind and he wasn't on the capcom "lots of red" list that karst had thrown up. :)

So, strange bedfellows involving a red character:
M. Bison and Cammy
Juggernaut and She-Hulk
Azazel and Mystique
Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver (or Hawkeye)

Others?

ZeroCDR

So, Juggernaut right folks?

The bit about "redhead" after it is a little too blatant, Cain Marko also is a redhead, very yes.

The bit about "redhead" after it is a little too blatant, Cain Marko also is a redhead, very yes.
The part about the redhead was specifically placed after his hint's hashtag; it might be Juggernaut, but it's not a hint.

Riposte

If I am ever in charge of a videogame's promotion, I'd use riddles. This thread is really 71+ pages with nothing concrete to show for it lol.

ZeroCDR

I'm aware it's posted after the hint hash, just seemed odd to start talking about redheads immediately after in the same tweet. Seemed to be referencing the hint itself, "a redhead too"

Believe me, I'm not trying to read into this more than I should, it really stands out to me.

If I am ever in charge of a videogame's promotion, I'd use riddles. This thread is really 71+ pages with nothing concrete to show for it lol.
It's a dangerous tactic. If Lupinko gives us a bad riddle, we get frustrated with Lupinko about our hopes being too high over a character that doesn't make it in. If Capcom gave us a bad riddle, that rage would go toward Capcom.

Also, Scarlet Witch did have red hair when she had intercourse with Hawkeye, and then it later turned out that Scarlet Witch was a doombot, making the encounter "dubious".

Riposte

Karsticles said:
It's a dangerous tactic. If Lupinko gives us a bad riddle, we get frustrated with Lupinko about our hopes being too high over a character that doesn't make it in. If Capcom gave us a bad riddle, that rage would go toward Capcom.

True enough. Then I'd just create my own Lupinko.

Dahbomb

corrosivefrost said:
Isn't Dante's alt costume supposed to be Sparda? In my mind, that pretty much says to take Sparda off the list... :)
I am just being facetious, chance of Sparda in this game (especially considering the Dante alt) are next to 0. He is still bad ass and he is mostly red especially his iconic sword.

Time to analyze the new Twitter post.

The redhead bit narrows it down even further if it's a clue... these are some of the female red headed characters in Marvel (not including Jean she is already in):

Firestar, Black Widow, Medusa and Mystique. Scarlet Witch is not a redhead.

Male redheaded characters? THE JUGGERNAUT BITCH!!!

Red headed characters from Capcom? Ah.... Sieg Warheit?

At least he was kind enough to say that someone red and strange bed fellows are the same hints.

The red hair clue is specifically AFTER the hashtag. If Lupinko wanted the entire thing to be a hint, the hashtag would be at the end next to #jemformvc3.

Honestly, I'm leaning toward Scarlet Witch. She has the most going for her.

Don't forget the company ambiguous tweet he posted after we kept guessing Marvel characters. Hint towards capcom IMO.
On one hand, I agree. On the other, I posted every single red character, obscure or not, that the internet came up with, and none of them fit the bill at all except for Bison.

Dahbomb

Depends though, if "red muther fucker" meant Juggernaut who is also somewhat red... it could be him too. Plus of course the point about vulgarity.

406px-Juggernaut2.jpg

It's like 60% Scarlet and 40% Juggernaut right now from my point of view. The last 2 hints that would some what confirm it would be male/female and Marvel/Capcom (although I am pretty sure it's not Capcom despite Lupinko's other tweet). Only Capcom character that MIGHT come close is M Bison. But like I said, if it narrows it to sex and universe we can confirm it.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Dahbomb said:
I am just being facetious, chance of Sparda in this game (especially considering the Dante alt) are next to 0. He is still bad ass and he is mostly red especially his iconic sword.

Time to analyze the new Twitter post.

The redhead bit narrows it down even further if it's a clue... these are some of the female red headed characters in Marvel (not including Jean she is already in):

Firestar, Black Widow, Medusa and Mystique. Scarlet Witch is not a redhead.

Male redheaded characters? THE JUGGERNAUT BITCH!!!

Cletus Kasasdy! He's polarizing for sure but again I think he'd work great and he's also never been in a fighting game before.

Did Carnage have sex with someone? lol
I don't remember Carnage doing anything but sucking the life out of people and killing them.

Also, Red Skull had an affair with Mother Night and Viper/Madame Hydra, though I think that might be kinda far-fetched.

If it turns out that the "red" character is Mary Jane, I'm gonna laugh so hard.

Dahbomb

Nils said:
Cletus Kasasdy! He's polarizing for sure but again I think he'd work great and he's also never been in a fighting game before.
Oh yes him too. Didn't really think too hard on male Marvel redheads.

Carnage is similar to Venom but I think if they decide to put in Carnage over Venom it would be a complete re-tooling of Venom with only a couple of moves borrowed.

Carnage hasn't been in bed with anyone has he?

Grecco

Karsticles said:
I didn't read any dubious one-night sexcapades there.

I guess Cletus Kassady and the actual alien symbiote essentially having sex and thus the alien sybmiote suit becoming pregnant twice isnt dubious?

kurtofan i've said many things already #datgafthreadaboutgameannouncement

I'm with kurtofan honestly...Really wish we could just have one more freebie...Won't happen though. :( 8 days...We can do it...Then hopefully silhouettes people can figure out in a week rather than more intentional vagueness.

I read Maximum Carnage. The relationship between Shriek and Carnage is weird, though it is not hinted that they bonked each other, though they seemed to have feelings for another (mainly Shriek for Carnage than vice versa tho).

Dahbomb

Silhouettes is easy shit, they are basically confirmations. I remember the silhouettes for MVC3 and people figured that shit out day 1. We got all of them right:

Captain America
Super Skrull
Dormammu
Felicia
Dante
Deadpool
Trish
Chun Li
Frank West
Dr Doom
She Hulk
etc

I don't think anyone here is going to miss Phoenix Wright, Strider, Megaman, Juggernaut silhouettes.

Juggernaut also pertains to the engine hint, which Lupinko said incidentally assists in the red hint: he was the original "tag out while powered" glitch; Lupinko probably said this because he wonders whether Juggernaut will still be able to self-boost his assist.

I guess Cletus Kassady and the actual alien symbiote essentially having sex and thus the alien sybmiote suit becoming pregnant twice isnt dubious?
Link me to the text.

Kurtofan

Toxicplatypus said:
kurtofan i've said many things already #datgafthreadaboutgameannouncement

I'm with kurtofan honestly...Really wish we could just have one more freebie...Won't happen though. :( 8 days...We can do it...Then hopefully silhouettes people can figure out in a week rather than more intentional vagueness.
Argh I'm on twitter!!!
Nooooo!!!Alright I'll stop complaining :'(

Just...need...to get more patient!!!

http://twitter.com/#!/lupinko/status/91604608832634880

I believe we were just winked at about Carnage.

@Lupinko: You're slippery...tweet was deleted already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom