• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Tawpgun

Tunavi said:
So BF3 console gets a server browser, Gears 3 gets dedicated servers.

HALO 4 NEEDS BOTH!
Competition is stepping up. If it's possible, have the ranked/competetive playlists get dediservers. Then have the feature everyone wanted since Halo 2. Customs Browser. Make your Xbox a Dedi Server. Or something.

Ramirez

Got your shirt today, Letters.

ChuckNorrisThumbsUp.png

krakov

How many of you guys have experienced a three part freeze when playing Halo Reach? it's not lag but rather bursts of the game completely freezing. I have experienced it consistently for quite a while and one of my friends has the same thing. Can happen in the menus as well. Haven't experienced anything like it in other games.

Quite annoying to have it happen in an important moment, or at all, for that matter.

Tawpgun

krakov said:
How many of you guys have experienced a three part freeze when playing Halo Reach? it's not lag but rather bursts of the game completely freezing. I have experienced it consistently for quite a while and one of my friends has the same thing. Can happen in the menus as well. Haven't experienced anything like it in other games.

Quite annoying to have it happen in an important moment, or at all, for that matter.
YES.

I thought it was my Xbox when I realized Reach is the only game that does it.

wwm0nkey

krakov said:

Happens in any current game, its very very annoying, get it in Bad Company 2 and Call of Duty as well.

krakov said:

Yes! I haver never found an answer to why it does it either, when it happens I just stand still, no point trying to move.

Dedicated Servers for Campaign/firefight/competitive MM

p2p Browser for customs/firefight/campaign

Drop in drop out for everything with zero interruptions. Have playlists that will fill a game up when players quit.

More Spawn on bro playlists.

32 player player lists with invasion style 4 man squads Ala Battlefield.

Bring back green and purple for invasion.

Risen

Tashi... if the power comes back on are you playing tonight? We should grab some folks and run customs for a change. I'm headed to the pool for a bit with the kiddos but should be on around 9 your time.

Trasher

Just played a team objective game of neutral bomb on Zealot. All randoms on my team. They start shooting me for some random reason. Then they quit as the enemy team's second plant explodes. We go to black screen, and when it comes back that same bomb explosion happens again giving them their third bomb score.

Welcome to Reach, six.

Woorloog

Banned
Hypertrooper said:
Nope. It is a special event to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of Halo: Combat Evolved + Franchise. Maybe we will get another HaloFest 2014(=10th anniversary of Halo 2 + 15th anniversary of the announcement of Halo.)
Ah damn it. I was thinking that i regret not being able to take part in HaloFest. Traveling to USA+PAX/Halofest tickets... financially impossible for me :/
And it's not yearly so i could take part in it later :(

BackdoorBeauty said:
Construct was great, TS and King (which is missing from MLG today, largely because hill sequencing is broken)

Hill sequencing works, and MLG actually has King as "playlist" gametypes. King is also something that has been tested pretty extensively for v6 settings. Tons of stuff was publicly tested for v6 though because of the outrage of v5 being on Slayer and Flag.

Barrow Roll said:
Territories stinks, 3 Plots is awesome. Dunno about BTB though, never played 3 Plots in Reach BTB.
3-plot is the shit for 4v4.
Territories is the shit for 8v8. (well its pretty fun)

EDIT: Just watched that Halofest trailer. Hot stuff. Couple of things. The scene that follows the pod as it passes the Pillar of Autumn to land on Halo is going to be INSANE in CEA. Other this is that I really like that music.

feel

Ramirez said:
Got your shirt today, Letters.

/ChuckNorrisThumbsUp.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
\m/ >_< \m/

[QUOTE=Gabotron ES]
And you guys going to Halo Fest better record a lot of bloomless anniversary gameplay vids![/QUOTE]
And none of that Armor Ability stuff!! Gotta be Classic!

And at least some of you must have iphone 4s or other high end phones, no excuses for shit quality video, and how about streaming bits of halofest live for us using the jtv or ustream apps?? lol

ManBearPanda

Neo Member
Kibbles said:
[edit] Woah is Jamie G. working at 343 now? 0:35. Can't tell if it's him or not

Joystiq published an interview with him where he stated he was working at Sucker Punch now. So unless that's old footage and he worked at 343 briefly, there's a good chance that's not him.

GhaleonEB

Hype status before trailer: hyped

Hype status after trailer: hyped-er

Not sure my heart can take another six days of this. I'm getting old, don't you know.

Though the "only on IGN" splash made me laugh for some reason; it was so out of place in the flow.

GhaleonEB said:
Hype status before trailer: hyped

Hype status after trailer: hyped-er

Not sure my heart can take another six days of this. I'm getting old, don't you know.

Though the "only on IGN" splash made me laugh for some reason; it was so out of place in the flow.
Yeah trailer hyped me a lot.

MrBig

Sean P. said:
New Chief armor?
FkJ0F

New gun that chief is loading a shell onto the front of. Launcher?
http://i.imgur.com/KhaUC.png[IMG]
And the forerunner (?) Planet we saw at the end of H3
[IMG]http://imgur.com/gtSrzl&KhaUC&FkJ0F[IMG][/QUOTE]
That is from the H4 announcement trailer...

Wow hyped up for this... Cannot WAIT for HaloFest.

The only reason I am able to deal with this is because I am camping/keeping busy. If I was sitting at home waiting for HaloFest I don't think I could do it.

Tawpgun

Greatest feeling you can ever get in this world, in this UNIVERSE AND ALL OTHER MULTIVERSES IF THEY EXIST.

Is winning against shit talkers.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Holy Halo Fest, Batman. Such a good trailer. I was really hoping that music was an original score straight from Halo 4. :-\

Devolution said:
Invis and sniper.
Evade and sword.

Baby's first FPS much.
:lol

Top Bottom