• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima Productions: Lunar Knights DS Screens (boktai sequel?)

neptunes

MUCH THANKS TO DUCKROLL!!

REBIRTH:

Kojima Production's first foray into DS development aims to provide players with an innovative action-RPG experience by capitalizing on the creative potential of the DS, establishing itself as a game that could only come to Nintendo's funky handheld.

Starring Lucian, a warrior of the night, Lunar Knights challenges players to use the digital climate to their advantage. Lucian's powers are amplified when the moon is shining bright, making him a deadly thorn in the side of the vampires that are terrorizing the world. His sidekick Aaron and his dual-Solar Guns, on the other hand, are at their best when the digital sun is shining high in the sky. Exciting and extensive 3D shooting stages have also been added to the mix, pushing Nintendo's portable hardware to the max.

Coming this winter!
duckroll said:
lk-logo.jpg

lk-art01.jpg

HugBmp[2].bmp
HugBmp[6].bmp

HugBmp[4].bmp
HugBmp[7].bmp

HugBmp[3].bmp
HugBmp[5].bmp

HugJpegaa[11].jpg
HugBmp[8].bmp

HugBmp[9].bmp

Some of those shots look really good!

I still have Boktai 1 unopened on my shelf and haven't gotten Boktai 2 yet. How are they?

The DS has quietly had another kick ass E3 for itself.

This system is so great, all the software it has is mind boggling. Just pure gaming goodness.

If it didn't have the annoying solar sensor the games would be amazing. I really suggest you play them, especially Boktai 2. Boktai is probably one of my most favourite series, I really like the western/vampire theme to the games.

I'm really excited about the direction they are taking Boktai into. It's such a great series it should be enjoyed by more people.

duckroll

You might wanna update the first post with this information:

REBIRTH:

Kojima Production's first foray into DS development aims to provide players with an innovative action-RPG experience by capitalizing on the creative potential of the DS, establishing itself as a game that could only come to Nintendo's funky handheld.

Starring Lucian, a warrior of the night, Lunar Knights challenges players to use the digital climate to their advantage. Lucian's powers are amplified when the moon is shining bright, making him a deadly thorn in the side of the vampires that are terrorizing the world. His sidekick Aaron and his dual-Solar Guns, on the other hand, are at their best when the digital sun is shining high in the sky. Exciting and extensive 3D shooting stages have also been added to the mix, pushing Nintendo's portable hardware to the max.

Coming this winter!

Randam_Hajile said:
Doesn't Boktai 2 have a sensor that lets you save sunlight, as opposed to having to be out in it?

You can save sunlight in both games, but during boss fights you NEED real sunlight (or a black light).

However Boktai 2 has less emphasis on sunlight because of the very cool game mechanics.

EDIT: Wow after reading that blurb my anticipation for the game shot up. New characters, they are really re-working the series. I wish they would re-work the graphics a bit. Looks identical to the GBA titles at this point.

Socreges

Banned
Yech, thats quite unattractive. Its like they had three different teams create the characters, backgrounds, and effects -- the former two of which were not done well -- then slapped them together.

Beowvlf

Banned
soundwave05 said:
The DS has quietly had another kick ass E3 for itself.
Quietly? It ain't fair to give final nods until after the show, but by the conferences alone it's all DS. Nintendo just came out and said 'fuck this noise', and threw the gauntlet. I can't believe how strong they're going with the DS. Deserves massive kudos. DS completely owned their conference, and made the Wii look all the more disappointing in comparison.

duckroll said:
REBIRTH:

Coming this winter!

That sounds awesome! Dammit, so many games to want/buy this year.

Heian-kyo said:
Quietly? It ain't fair to give final nods until after the show, but by the conferences alone it's all DS. Nintendo just came out and said 'fuck this noise', and threw the gauntlet. I can't believe how strong they're going with the DS. Deserves massive kudos. DS completely owned their conference, and made the Wii look all the more disappointing in comparison.

Uh ... I wouldn't go that far :lol

Zelda: Twilight Princess and Super Mario Galaxy are top notch stuff too.

PhoenixDark said:
Screens look confusing

I need to see a video

Just watch a video of Boktai for the GBA. It has exact same graphics practically. THe graphics look strange in screenshots but in motion the game is pretty pleasant.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
So they're basically rebranding the Boktai gameplay. Interesting strategy.

Storywise it sounds like that Majesco game that was announced for the DS a long time ago. I think it was called Moonlight Fables.

Top Bottom