• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Developing "AAAA" Title

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quad-A Game?

Hmm sounds like its going to be a a game with an insanely large budget. GTA4 cost $100 million and that is still classed as a AAA game so .. $200 million ?

A large portion of the GTA cost must of been building the engine, could microsoft be looking to get into building their own Engine and making a game to show it off aswell?

All speculation but better than "lol, microsoft" which is the majority of this thread

SW:tOR cost $130 million for reference.

I think its pretty clear that the title will be a next gen showcase

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Isn't this game pretty near to be released?
I mean, I always thought Star Wars Kinect was A(h)A(h)A(h)A(h) wothy.

They probably don't know anything about the game they're going to develop -but the only thing they know is, it's gonna be an AAAAAAA title.

Hayeya

Banned
This just in:

Sony responds by announcing a blockbuster out of this world 4D never before seen using alien technology "AAAAAAAAAAAXXXXXXXLLLLLLLLL" videogame, details and official PR might be announced when the enemy does his first move, if the enemy doesnt the whole project will be scrapped.

AAAA?
FOYlR.jpg

Writer probably died while writing this.

TheOddOne

I think its pretty clear that the title will be a next gen showcase
I think it is just a slip, because other listings still carry the "AAA" moniker. It still falls under the core group.

- Business Manager
Do you want to work on the future of Xbox and Kinect content? Do you have a passion for creating amazing AAA core content that millions of customers experience? If so, the Core team in Microsoft Studios has a tremendous opportunity for you.
- Product Planner
Do you want to work on the future of Xbox and Kinect content? Do you have a passion for creating amazing AAA core content that millions of customers experience? If so, the Core team in Microsoft Studios has a tremendous opportunity for you.
More examples: here, here, here, here and here.

Alej

Banned
Not enough A's for next gen!
We want eight times the power of AAA otherwise we won't buy it.
So, go for AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA instead (aka the mighty 24A)

monome

AAAA.

I wonder what kind of IP MS will support in this fashion.
What can please both Halo/Gears fans and Kinect players?

Surely MS is thinking of creating an IP with a persistent world.

Metal B

They also have to find a new replacement for the word "epic".
"An legendary AAAA title."
Sorry, no Barney joke here

Wolfie5

"-The EP will have P&L responsibility for a major Xbox AAAA console title."

They avoid saying X360 or next Xbox. I am guessing the extra A is code for next gen title.

If it was for X360, it would have said X360. This is obviously for next gen and it´s a tripple A title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom