• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD March 2012 Sales Results [Up3: ME3 Total, Binary Domain]

Codeblue

I didn't think the RE name would be able to carry something like ORC to #2.

Hope Kid Icarus has legs, glad CoD is starting to lose theirs. I want to see them do something new with the series.

NateDrake

Nintendo notes several "noteworthy milestones" in March. Mario Party 9 sold more than 230,000 units in the United States, while Kid Icarus Uprising sold more than 135,000. Mario Kart 7 sold 118,000 units in March (with 1.58 million sold since its release last year), and Super Mario 3D Land sold 100,000 units in March, putting overall sales at 1.98 million.

Nintendo added that more than 225,000 3DS systems were sold in March, in addition to nearly 175,000 Wii systems. In addition, the Just Dance franchise has now passed more than 15 million total units sold on Wii.

http://games.ign.com/articles/122/1222926p1.html

Mario Party 9 - 230,000
Kid Icarus Uprising - 135,000
Mario Kart 7 - 118,000 (LTD 1.58M)
Super Mario 3D Land - 100,000 (LTD 1.98M)

3DS - 225,000
Wii - 175,000

Just Dance (franchise) - LTD 15M (Wii only)

Nintendo notes several "noteworthy milestones" in March. Mario Party 9 sold more than 230,000 units in the United States, while Kid Icarus Uprising sold more than 135,000. Mario Kart 7 sold 118,000 units in March (with 1.58 million sold since its release last year), and Super Mario 3D Land sold 100,000 units in March, putting overall sales at 1.98 million.

Nintendo added that more than 225,000 3DS systems were sold in March, in addition to nearly 175,000 Wii systems. In addition, the Just Dance franchise has now passed more than 15 million total units sold on Wii.

dammit, nintendo, we needed percentages

edit - touche diablos

There we go then, that at least gives us the PS3 number. I guess we're going to have to wait for a leak to work out what Vita did.

Nintendo PR:

Damn, we needed percentages.

Edit:Lol, beaten twice with this joke.

SykoTech

Darn, these numbers probably aren't good at all if that's all "high" games Kid Icarus and Mario Party 9 managed to do. I hope SSX is still okay.

Kazerei

Banned

3DS is doing okay ... could be better.

And SFxT was expected to ship 2M by the end of March as well. Again, not a chance.

There's no way Capcom thought SFxT could sell 2 Million units in 3 weeks. I don't know any fighting game that could ever do that. Only COD level games do stuff like that.

Either that 2 Million figure from the Capcom financial report PDF must have meant lifetime, or it must have been based on a different release date (since the release date at the time of the report was "TBA").

But, 2 million in 3 weeks for a fighting game...Capcom ain't that crazy.

337k sales for the PS3 this month, if I'm doing the math right. That's not too far behind the 360. Great sales for both PS3 and 360 this month if that's the case.

4:1??

goddamn. was the PS3 version not so hot?

No, it was good. But you have to remember, Mass Effect 1 and 2 had an established userbase on the 360. This result really wasn't all that unexpected, actually I'm surprised PS3 managed to even do 1/4th.

There's no way Capcom thought SFxT could sell 2 Million units in 3 weeks. I don't know any fighting game that could ever do that. Only COD level games do stuff like that.

I believe that 2 Million figure from the Capcom financial report PDF must have either meant lifetime, or it must have been based on a different release date (since the release date at the time of the report was "TBA").

it meant by the end of the financial year

Globox_82

Banned
Aaron Greenberg ‏ @aarongreenberg

Mass Effect 3 was #1 title in March, 943K units on Xbox 360, outsold PS3 version 4:1. #NPD

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
But wasn't the 3DS doing similarly poorly at the same stage of its life? Or is the Vita situation far worse?

The 3DS turned its fortunes around... I really hope the Vita can do the same.

There are many many differences between the two.

0521ps1c.jpg

so basically, Sony's numbers are inversely proportional to Kaz's weight. Get that man some double downs!

kunonabi

so SFXT did between 230,000 and 582,000? I was hoping for less to be honest. How does that compare with the latest SF and MVC3 releases?

Dalthien

Either that 2 Million figure from the Capcom financial report PDF must have meant lifetime, or it must have been based on a different release date (since the release date at the time of the report was "TBA").

But, 2 million in 3 weeks for a fighting game...Capcom ain't that crazy.

It was their fiscal year (ending Mar 31) proejction (they don't give lifetime estimates in their financial reports), and they knew when it was launching.

Like chris1964 said earlier, Capcom missed on both of their big 4th quarter projects. It wasn't a good month for them.
capq32cajbs.png

Top Bottom