• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2012 Edition

MrBig

oldkwatzpanosm.jpg

This will all be cleaned up and rearranged in about a month when I build a new desktop, and then I'll be moving to a new place a month or so after that

Got my new gaming projector. An Epson 8350 and love the shit out of it. The Wii is is in the bedroom due to no games and now it's just a Netflix machine since it has a remote.

gamesetup.jpg

Crappy cellphone but painted all the walls a dark brown to stop the light reflecting off from the projector. Then got projector paint and painted the "screen" on the wall. I'm renting right now so will paint over it when I go and get a real screen later. To give you an idea on how big the screen is, the ceilings are 11 foot in that room. The light is from a window that gets a lot of light during the day but I have heavy duty curtains that block it out if I need to.

screen.jpg

I don't have cable or TV of any kind so this is a free game on the MLB app on the 360 in HD. Pretty sharp, this player was actually larger than I am on the screen and I'm 6'2.

baseball.jpg

My favorite gift from the girlfriend, my own living room beer fridge that she constantly keeps stocked for me. Along with Christmas Story leg lamp and ATARI pint glasses. She does love me... swoon.

beerfridge.jpg

SeanR1221

My fiancé and I made settlement less than a month ago.

The office

img1998sf.jpg

Close up of the desk

img1999i.jpg

The basement

img2001r.jpg

The gaming area

img2002dr.jpg

Got this installed yesterday

img2003d.jpg

Gameboy415

I posted these pics of my gaming setup/collection on CAG the other day so I figured I'd share them here as well:

3DTV1.jpg

The TV is a Sony HX820 3DTV and they're a bit hard to see but I have the following consoles hooked up:
-PS3 (slim) - via HDMI
-PS2 (slim) - via Component
-Dreamcast - via VGA box/cable (I hope to replace it with a Black "SEGA Sports" version eventually)
-XBOX 360 (slim) - via HDMI
Bottom shelf has an external HDD for movies/pics/music, 2x pairs of 3D glasses, DVR, and a few games I've been playing recently.

I love the new 3DTV but I still do plenty of gaming in my game room:

GameRoom1.jpg

I have my Wii and all of my older systems hooked up to my amazing Sony XBR960:
CRT1.jpg

From left to right:
-Gamecube - via Component
-Panasonic Q (Japanese Gamecube/DVD player) - via Component
-Wii - via Component
-PS2 (slim) - via Component
-JP PS2 (slim) - via Component
The calendar is actually from 1990, but I realized the dates match up perfectly after February and decided it was a perfect fit for the Game Room. :D

Next to the TV is what my friends nick-named the "Tower of Power":
TowerofPower1.jpg

Here's a closer look at the systems:
TowerofPower2.jpg

-Virtual Boy - Store display unit I got from Blockbuster for $35 :)
-NES - via Composite
-SNES - via S-Video
TowerofPower3.jpg

-Neo Geo CD (JP) - not currently hooked up
-3D0 - Via S-Video
-SEGA Genesis - Via Composite
-XBOX - Via Component
TowerofPower4.jpg

-N64 - Via S-Video
-Super Famicom - Via S-Video (it's actually in excellent/clean condition, not sure why it looks so bad in the pic)
-Famicom (revision) - Via Composite
-Famicom Disk System - Not currently hooked up/not working
-SEGA CDX - Not currently hooked up
-Dreamcast - Via S-Video
-SEGA Saturn - Via S-Video
-SEGA Saturn (JP) - (behind the TG-16) I swap it w/the US one when necessary
-TurboGrafx-16 - Via RF (blah)

Now on to the games!
GameRoom2.jpg

This wall has modern stuff from Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo.

Here's a better view of the game-related stuff on top of the shelf:
Display2.jpg

Here's a breakdown of the games by console:
Wii & 3DS:
Wii3DS.jpg

Gamecube US & JP:
Gamecube.jpg

XBOX & XBOX 360:
XBOX.jpg

PS3:
PS3.jpg

I actually have more PS3 games (mostly Rock Band/Guitar Hero stuff) but I ran out of shelf-room.
PS2:
PS2.jpg

PS2 (JP):
PS2JP.jpg

PSP:
PSP.jpg

*The random lunchboxes have wireless NES/SNES controllers in them*
PS1:
PS1.jpg

And on the opposite wall are my classic Nintendo & SEGA games, along with my Blu-Rays.
GameRoom3.jpg

Here's a view of the stuff on top:
Display1.jpg

And another breakdown of games by console:
N64:
N64.jpg

JP N64 and 64DD:
N64JP.jpg

I was unfortunately never able to track down a 64DD during my time in Japan, but at least I got the games fairly cheap.
SNES:
SNES.jpg

Super Famicom & Boxed NES:
SuperFamicom.jpg

SuperFamicomBoxedNES.jpg

NES (loose carts):
NES.jpg

Famicom, Famicom Disk System, Pokemon Mini, and Virtual Boy:
FamicomVirtualBoy.jpg

Dreamcast:
Dreamcast.jpg

SEGA Saturn & SEGA CD:
SaturnSEGACD.jpg

JP Saturn, Neo Geo CD, & Turbo Grafx-16:
SaturnJP-NGCD-TG16.jpg

SEGA 32X, SEGA Genesis, and SEGA Master System:
SEGA32X-Genesis-MS.jpg

Blu-Ray:
BluRay.jpg

I have a large collection of older gaming magazines and guides too, but the bookshelves are blocked by moving boxes so I can't take pictures right now.
I also have tons of handheld systems and games (my username is Gameboy415 after all!), but they're mostly in boxes/dresser drawers so there's no easy way to take pics at the moment.

whitehawk

Banned
Mother of god. So many games. I think you have every 3DS game... Why would you buy so many 3DS games when there aren't nearly that many worth buying?

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Uh... that's a lot of games.

Even more impressive is that a lot of those games are also rare games. And imports (though you live in Japan, if I'm not mistaken.)

SeanR1221

absolutely beautiful SeanR1221 but aren't you a bit too far away from that TV? If I were I'd move it closer. What size is the TV? 50"?

Thank you. The TV is a 55", I'm about 7 or so feet away. I tend to lean forward when I play, so it's not so bad ;)

Here's some more pictures of the house. I'm pretty damn happy with this place. Still a lot left to do. We actually had 30 people over last night for a house warming party, so excuse anything that's left out. Also, no pictures of the master, my fiancé is still asleep :p

Basement bathroom

img2007yf.jpg

Hallway

img2008wr.jpg

Hall half bath

img2009y.jpg

Laundry room

img2010fx.jpg

Kitchen

img2011e.jpg

Dining area

img2015.png

Living area

img2013n.jpg

Office bath

img2014v.jpg

Storage

img2005v.jpg

More storage

img2006i.jpg

Gameboy415

Uh... that's a lot of games.

Even more impressive is that a lot of those games are also rare games. And imports (though you live in Japan, if I'm not mistaken.)

Not anymore, unfortunately.
But I lived over there for 5 years (2005-2010) so I had plenty of time to find most of the Japanese games I wanted. :)

sfedai0

Banned
gat damn Gameboy. Thats a true collector there. Now spend some of that money on some high grade glass cases so you can really show off that glorious collection. Also, how much do you spend monthly on games and movies?

SmZA

The calendar is actually from 1990, but I realized the dates match up perfectly after February and decided it was a perfect fit for the Game Room. :D

Watch out for August, I hear some shit's going to go down in Kuwait. Be glad you've got Bush for a President and not his idiot son.

Gameboy415

gat damn Gameboy. Thats a true collector there. Now spend some of that money on some high grade glass cases so you can really show off that glorious collection. Also, how much do you spend monthly on games and movies?

I was making bank when I lived in Japan and my cost of living was next to nothing so I went a bit overboard for a while.
But since I came back, I don't really spend all that much, actually (in my opinion).
I think at most I've spent around $300-400 around the holidays/my birthday (which was just this past Sunday, 4/15), but in a typical month I spend between $50-200.
I buy most new stuff on sale and the older stuff I usually get fairly cheap at flea markets/goodwill/etc. I usually get 10-20 classic/older games for the price of 2-3 new releases, which certainly helps build up a collection over time!

I don't think it's too bad considering I know people that drop $25+ every day on food, alcohol, and/or cigarettes.

Watch out for August, I hear some shit's going to go down in Kuwait. Be glad you've got Bush for a President and not his idiot son.

Thanks for the heads up, lol.

n0n44m

2012-04-2019.40.41hljgx.jpg

*quick panorama photo from my phone camera so don't mind the distortion/brightness*

tidied up my room, tied up some cables, got a new comfy chair (IKEA), monitor & keyboard :)

so to the left I got my Comfy Chair Gaming/TV/Hometheater corner;

-1080p 32" Samsung LCD TV (wallmounted, connected to the receiver)
-Jamo S606 speakers + Jamo Center speaker
-Steelseries mechanical keyboard (for typing my thesis ;D )
-Dualshock 3 connected via bluetooth/motioninjoy for PC gaming

on the other desk is my FPS/3D Vision gaming corner, with

-my new 1080p BenQ XL2420T 120 hz monitor (awesome^2) and Nvidia 3D Vision 2 glasses (pretty fun)
-Logitech G510 keyboard (I like the screen to watch the temperatures...)
-Logitech G700 mouse (wireless on this side, plugged in for charging when using the other side of the desk)
-PS3 (to be sold ASAP) and HDTV cable tuner
-Yamaha RX-V661 receiver to which PC, PS3 & HDTV tuner are connected
-Sennheiser 595 + Headphone amplifier (as my speakers are positioned for use with the 32" screen). The headphone amp has a 2.0 USB DAC, but I usually just plug it in the Yamaha receiver which has quite a good 5.1/7.1 surround to 2.0 headphone conversion (Dolby Headphone like technique)
-PC : i7 2600K @ 4.8 , GTX480 @ 900, all watercooled so totally silent under all conditions, 80 gb SSD, 3.5 tb HDDs (+ 4 tb NAS downstairs)

and some Sony bookshelf rear speakers, Teufel subwoofer, cloth mousepads

I use UltraMon to switch between screens on the PC, usually I have both on though because of the lack of HDMI sound when I only have the BenQ enabled

now to sell the PS3 and get new graphics card(s) for 120 hz / 3D Vision :D :( :D

I took some pictures with my iphone because I was bored. Sorry about the quality.

The entrance to my room.
d91c0cd6.jpg

Most of my room:
34f1d3f8.jpg

Where I play my Xbox and sometimes Wii.
6bb299f8.jpg

I kept and older tv to play some of my older systems. Nothing fancy though. Well nothing here is fancy
2df145e3.jpg

Another shot of my room from the other side.
4825ac88.jpg

My computer. It gets the job done.
5dbd7e8d.jpg

My movie shelf.
ea4e7757.jpg

My games and anime.
0d78c02a.jpg

Close up of games.
2f2b0451.jpg

Anime!
74a11b8c.jpg

And upstairs is where I play my PS3:
39b1a45c.jpg

Now on to the games!
GameRoom2.jpg

This wall has modern stuff from Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo.

First, thank you so much for taking the time to take all the pictures, upload them, and compose your post to share with us all at NeoGAF - stuff like this is what makes it such a fantastic place for gamers worldwide to share their hobby!

Now what I'm really wondering is: how many of those games do you think you've actually played? Of those, how many do you think you've actually beat? Would you consider yourself more a collector than a player now?

Again, great collection Gameboy415! It's wonderful to see what someone can do with passion and the means to afford that passion.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I have a question as a complete projector noob - can a projector receive a tv signal? Can it be used as a complete substitute for a tv or is it just for displaying other devices?

MrBig

I have a question as a complete projector noob - can a projector receive a tv signal? Can it be used as a complete substitute for a tv or is it just for displaying other devices?

Yes, you just connect it to your cable box with HDMI/RGB/DVI/whatever just like you would with a TV.

Our new house is finally coming together. I'll have to take a few pictures of the new setup.

Yes but you will need to have a tuner (top box) in order to receive the signal.

Sebastard

Banned
I'm still working on the decorations since I recently moved, but this is what I'm using now.

D5gWn.jpg

70" Sharp Aquos 70LCLE733U
Denon 3808CI
JBL Studio L Series - L890's (Front), LC1 (Center), Control One Monitors (Rear - not pictured), L8400P (12" sub)
Xbox 360S - 250GB
Sony PS3 60GB

I really liked this setup. Have you made any updates and care to upload them?

Gameboy415

First, thank you so much for taking the time to take all the pictures, upload them, and compose your post to share with us all at NeoGAF - stuff like this is what makes it such a fantastic place for gamers worldwide to share their hobby!

Now what I'm really wondering is: how many of those games do you think you've actually played? Of those, how many do you think you've actually beat? Would you consider yourself more a collector than a player now?

Again, great collection Gameboy415! It's wonderful to see what someone can do with passion and the means to afford that passion.

Thanks for the kind words! :)
I usually make sure to try out all of the games I buy (especially to test used/older games and make sure they work), so I'd say I've "played" 90% of them. However, there are quite a few newer games I've picked up on clearance (usually under $15) that I haven't actually opened yet. I'm not sure how many games I've "beaten" over the years, but I'd imagine at least half?

I'm definitely a collector, but I love playing games too. I feel like games are the perfect thing to collect because you can actually do something fun with them, as opposed to just displaying them.

lionelhutz

I really liked this setup. Have you made any updates and care to upload them?

Thanks, no new changes since I originally posted the setup. At some point I'm going to install hardwood flooring. The carpet is only two years old and is already showing signs of wear. I'd like to get rid of it now, but it's going to be around $5-6000 to redo the entire place, and I'm not sure I want to spend that much right now. I'd also want to put some artwork on the wall and haven't had much luck finding anything.

Gameboy415

Where you put all your handheld systems, Gameboy?

I keep most of the systems in their original boxes or in carrying cases on a bookshelf in my bedroom.

I was actually sick at home over the weekend and in my boredom I decided to dig out and photograph most of my handheld stuff.

I apologize if my posts annoy anyone as this is a "post your gaming setup" thread, but I can't seem to find a "post your collection" thread and I don't think it's really necessary to make one. Plus, there isn't much of a "gaming setup" to photograph when it comes to handhelds, right? Right? *cricket chirp*

Anyway, on to the pics:

Misc Handheld systems:
MiscHandhelds.jpg

-Tiger Game.Com
-Atari Lynx
-WonderSwan Color (JP)
-Neo Geo Pocket Color
-Sony PSP-1000
-Tiger R-Zone XPG
-Sony PSP-2000 - Limited Edition Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children edition
I don't have too many games of interest for these handhelds and I posted my PSP games earlier.
I also have a Game Gear with several games in a carrying case tucked away somewhere, but I wasn't able to find it before taking these pics.

Misc Nintendo Handhelds & Games:
NintendoMiscHandhelds.jpg

-Donkey Kong Watch
-Super Mario Bros. Watch
-Pokemon Pikachu virtual pet
-Pokemon Pikachu 2 virtual pet
-Game & Watch: Mario's Cement Factory
-Pokemon Mini handheld & games

Game Boy collection:
GameBoyCollection.jpg

-Game Boy
-Game Boy "Play it Loud" edition - Green
-Game Boy Pocket - Silver
-Game Boy Pocket - original Game Boy colors (JP)
-Game Boy Pocket - Famitsu Limited Edition (JP)
-Game Boy Pocket - Hello Kitty Limited Edition (JP)
-Game Boy Light - Gold (JP)
-Game Boy Color - Purple
-Game Boy Color - Pokemon Limited Edition
-Game Boy Advance - Glacier
-Game Boy Advance SP - Silver
-Game Boy Advance SP2 - Black
-Game Boy Advance SP2 - Black
-Game Boy Micro - Silver

LEGBMicro.jpg

-Game Boy Micro - Black (JP)
-Game Boy Micro - Final Fantasy IV Limited Edition (JP)
-Game Boy Micro - Pokemon Center Limited Edition (JP)

Game Boy games:
GameBoyGames.jpg

I have the boxes/manuals for some of these games.

Game Boy (JP) games:
GameBoyGamesJP.jpg

I have the boxes/manuals for almost all of these games.

Game Boy/Game Boy Color games:
GB-GBCGames.jpg

I have the boxes/manuals for most of these games.

Game Boy Color games:
GBCGames.jpg

I have the boxes/manuals for almost all of these games.

Game Boy Color (JP) games:
GBCGamesJP.jpg

I have the boxes/manuals for all of these games.
The "Mobile Golf" game at the bottom left is by the same devs that made Mario Golf and it actually came with an adapter that allowed players to connect a GBC to a mobile phone and upload scores and unlock new characters!

Game Boy Advance games:
-Nintendo:
GBAGames-Nintendo.jpg

I have the boxes/manuals for all but 2 of these games (DKC2 and G&W Gallery 4).

-Classic NES series & GBA Video:
GBAGames-ClassicNESGBAVideo.jpg

I have the boxes/manuals for all of them.

-Capcom, Square-Enix, & Konami:
GBAGames-Capcom-Square-Enix-Konami.jpg

-SEGA, Sammy, & RARE:
GBAGames-SEGA-Sammy-RARE.jpg

-Misc GBA Games:
GBAGames-Misc.jpg

-Japanese Games:
GBAGames-JapaneseGames.jpg

The Mario game on the bottom right is a terrible bootleg game my friend brought back for me from Thailand.

-Bit Generations Series:
GBAGames-BitGenerations.jpg

DS Collection:
DSCollection.jpg

-Nintendo DS (with Children of Mana decal/scratch guard)
-Nintendo DSLite (GH version)
-Nintendo DSi (with Dragon Quest IX hard case)
-Nintendo DSiLL (Japanese version of DSiXL)
-Nintendo DSiXL
-Nintendo 3DS

DS Games:
DSGames1.jpg

DSGames2.jpg

Well, that's just about everything!
I think I have a handful more GBA games tucked away somewhere (I know I have the first Klonoa game for GBA, for example) and I have a few games for Lynx, Game Gear, etc. so I might post them another time.

Sebastard

Banned
I only play Xbox 360 games and arcade. So thats why I only have 360 games on my shelf. I have a couple of DS and PC games but because I never play them they have been retired to the back of the 360 games :p

88c25d25.jpg

No collectors edition, no classics. Only original Xbox 360 games. All in alphabetical order (as it should be).

219cde66.jpg

f3937422.jpg

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I keep most of the systems in their original boxes or in carrying cases on a bookshelf in my bedroom.

I was actually sick at home over the weekend and in my boredom I decided to dig out and photograph most of my handheld stuff.

I apologize if my posts annoy anyone as this is a "post your gaming setup" thread, but I can't seem to find a "post your collection" thread and I don't think it's really necessary to make one. Plus, there isn't much of a "gaming setup" to photograph when it comes to handhelds, right? Right? *cricket chirp*

Yeah, nobody who matters is gonna be offended by posting a collection.

Anyway, it was interesting seeing the library of congress of portable games. Lots of cool obscurities.

AwRy108

Mother of god. So many games. I think you have every 3DS game... Why would you buy so many 3DS games when there aren't nearly that many worth buying?

Same thing I was thinking about the Wii games, too.

In any event, I totally approve of his collection--such an awesome array of nostalgia.

It's jarring to think that many of us probably once owned a lot of the older stuff, but just decided not to hang on to them. Seeing his collection makes me wish I did.

*APPLAUSE*

ghibli99

Which amp do you have in the mfw15, version 1, 2, or 3? The version 3 amp is reputed to be solid, but still really prone to ground loop noise. If you got a 1 or 2, it could be any number of faults. They're ticking time bombs and are generally better off trashed. If it's a 3.0 though ground loop is a high probability culprit that's easily fixable.
It's the v3... it would work great for a month or so, and then the buzzing would start. Tried everything, and even had our home's electrical/ground looked at (everything checked out fine). Pretty disappointing. I did keep the driver, though, in case I ever feel like doing a DIY project with it.

RoylAsult

As one of my favorite threads on here, I really dont give enough love! Well, let me catch up since my last post was in the 2010 thread ......

PA150015.jpg

]

if you dont mind me asking, where did you get that 360 HDD? and how much?

i got a slim and im planning on getting XBLA games and need more then 4GB lol

MrBig

if you dont mind me asking, where did you get that 360 HDD? and how much?

i got a slim and im planning on getting XBLA games and need more then 4GB lol

That thing on top of the xbox? That's a HD DVD player, not an HDD.
New model HDDs cost ~$60 for 250gb.

Top Bottom