• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryoku

1) So.. how much will the Wii U cost?
$349.99
If wii get two SKUs, then the core package will be $229.99

2) And when will the Wii U's Launch Day be?
Sometime in November

3) Your #1 Desired Launch Day Game?
RPG by Monolithsoft

4) Any pleasant third-party surprises for the Wii U?
Timed exclusive for Aliens: CM
Even more unlikely, timed exclusive GTA V

5) Any predictions of media criticisms for Nintendo's behaviour/substance during E3 Week?
Games look terrible. WiiU severely underpowered compared to next-gen. WiiU will be in same position as Wii in terms of software support.

6) What'll be your preferred food & drink of choice during the Nintendo Conference?
Bang-Bang Chicken from Cheesecake Factory.
No, really, I'll be at the beach for a week or two, so probably take-out of some sort.

7) How long will the Nintendo Conference go on, and what'll be the breakdown on time spent between Wii U amd 3DS?
Sixty minutes. Forty minutes on WiiU. Fifteen minutes on 3DS. Five-ish minutes on Wii.

8) Predict: Rate the Wii U Launch lineup from 1 (worst) to 10 (best).
8/10

9) Predict: Any final hardware revelations?
WiiU comes packed with a Wiimote+ and a nunchuck controller.
Turns out to be slightly more powerful than we anticipated.
Can support up to two WiiU controllers with four Wiimotes.

10) Predict: Any super-special applications that Nintendo's gonna spring on us?
Cross-game/app video/voice chat.
Third parties can approach online system with their own online platforms (Steam, Origin, Battlenet, etc.).

11) Predict: With BP now gone, who's the Nintendo fan most likely to be banned from NeoGAF during E3 Week?
Nobody. This will be a good, clean E3.
Lol, not really.

12) Wild-card prediction: Anything else?
Ability to stream a friend's current gameplay along with video chat.

Lulubop

349.99USD

November 18th!

Zelda title.

Final Fantasy 15.

5) Any predictions of media criticisms for Nintendo's behaviour/substance during E3 Week?
Not a large enough graphical leap.

6) What'll be your preferred food & drink of choice during the Nintendo Conference?
Popcorn and Coffee.

7) How long will the Nintendo Conference go on, and what'll be the breakdown on time spent between Wii U amd 3DS?
1.5 hours. 20% 3ds, 70% WiiU, 10% other.

8. Hopeful.

New console design.

Something with Miis.

11) Predict: With BP now gone, who's the Nintendo fan most likely to be banned from NeoGAF during E3 Week?
No clue.

Steam.

$279.99 -$329.99

Sept 30th

Retro's game..whatever it is.

Resident evil 6

Graphics and not enough info on online plan

soda+popcorn

1hr 9mins 29 secs. Wii U 80% 15% 3ds 5% stuff we don't really care about

The best launch line up of all time. 9.5

up to 2 controllers + graphic performance on exclusives will be a noticeable step up

BY2K

Kojipro onboard

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

I was thinking the other day just how much money the Wii U is going to cost me at launch, and I was reminded that the Wii launched at AU$399.

I hate this country sometimes.

Yagharek

It's annoying that shipping costs probably cancel out the pure currency advantage of importing. The warranty would probably be void too? It's going to be a pain having to wait a couple of weeks before a game arrives from England or where ever, hopefully there's a pack in.

I know what you mean. I'm probably going to go for a moderate (2-3) launch games rather than nuts. Importing from the UK will be a good idea though this gen coming, since like Wii, you will probably be able to get games for as little as 30% of the Aus RRP.

As for Wii U launch price in Australia.... ive bought PS2, Dreamcast, PS3, 360 and Wii all at launch.

Only PS2 and Wii were worth it in the long run.

I wont balk at a $500 AUD launch price.

DrWong

So.. how much will the Wii U cost?
299 euros

End of September

Pikmin 3

Blizzard or Valve or any exlcusive big PC game ported to Wii U.

Nintendo is fucked because they stick with the Wii brand name: confusion.

Good wine and French cheeses.

3DS 10%. Wii U/3DS connectivity 30%. Wii U only 60%.

On par/10

Holographikz graphikz.

Nintendo Cloud based subscription service.

specialguy.

Exclusive Nintendo/Euclideon partnership to licence the 3D Unlimited Details Engine. Believe.

monome

$369.99

November
New Nintendo IP action game
BLOPS 2

Awesome but nerds should wait for PS720

Chewing Gum and Water
Possibly some Rosé Wine if things are good

70 minutes. Forty minutes on WiiU. 30 minutes on 3DS .

8/10

Hardware suited for devs to show off compared to PS360

Mii something on steroids

Burnt Pork got banned?! poor soul

New 3DS to compliment WiiU 's release and the coming of age of the Nintendo Network

What's the Gamer Card rumor? I'm at work and can't click the link
LLShC.gif

I've decided that, no matter what games are or aren't announced, if the Wii U can play Wii games in HD (contrary to what we've heard), I'll get it day 1. Well... depending on the price and if I can pay it, really. :p

I kind of hope the Game Card rumor isn't true, only because it'll be one more device for me to carry everywhere :p And I don't think too many people will use it. 3DS StreetPass works very well since it's the actual system.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
oh god not these terrible 4chan memes! Get them away from me!
The first page is forever spoiled.

The title. It changed.
And I don't even get it...

Sixth Star Trek Movie.
...oh.

The Community section is better anyways.
Because you can go off topic without getting penalised as much?

That guy is lucky that isn't a Fist of the North Star game. ATATATATATATATATATATATATA! Or JoJo. ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA!

I saw the gamer card rumour mentioned in the previous thread or was it two threads back. Or maybe even three. I forget these things.

z0m3le

Banned
349.99USD

October 21th (5 more months!)

3D Mario, but of what we know, probably AC3 or Aliens.

GTAV, Red Dead 3 announced.

It is a powerful current gen machine, but gamers will wait a year for next gen.

What'll be your preferred food & drink of choice during the Nintendo Conference?
I won't waste time attempting to stuff my face.

90 minutes, the first 20 will be spent on 3DS, 20 on unrelated topics like facebook integration and other services, finally some talk about Nintendo Network and Wii U will take up the last 40+ minutes with announcements and developers telling us how great the system is and that games are on the way until publishers cancel them a month or two after Wii U release.

9, I think it will be one of the better launches in history, I just hope they have Mario, Monolith or Retro ready inside the launch window, even if it's only a demo for a spring release.

Console ends up keeping up with next gen consoles from PS4 / XB3 in a similar distance that PS2 shared with it's competitors during last generation.

Achievements actually used for cool bonuses like free game downloads or dressing our Miis.

All Wii U speculation posters if Star Fox X Metroid turns out to be true. (absolutely horrible idea, though I only humor it because I think it's nearly impossible to happen, less than a 1% chance)

Wii U keeps games at $50. (it is suppose to be a long shot prediction right?)

Jaagen

$299

November 18th

Pikmin 3

Battlefield 3 showing of Frostbite

Not a big enough generational leap over this gen.

Crispy seasoned seaweed and green tea

One and a half hour. 10 minutes of introduction/sales age, 20 minutes of 3DS and the rest Wii U

7. Good first-party games, but not enought 3rd party games taking advantage of the system

Multiple U-pad support. USB 3.0

Retro's game is a first person open world FPS in an AWESOME post-apocalyptic setting. Focus on exploration

Ace Bandage

Epic announces UT4 for Wii U. Timed console exclusive

gaheris

The gamer card rumour sounds interesting. When I think of a card I think of something like a credit card. I wonder what form factor will it take and how it will sync to the Wii U. Just 2 more weeks, just 2 more weeks.

DrWong

We can also now officially add Neko Entertainment (French sudio) to the Wii U pool support. Not a big deal, I know.

Source from the Creative Director Linkedin profile:
Directeur de la création
Neko Entertainment

Société à responsabilité limitée (SRL); 11-50 employés; secteur Jeux électroniques

septembre 2006 – Poste actuel (5 ans 9 mois)

Bratz Ponyz (DS)
Code Lyoko (Wii, DS, PSP)
Horse Life (DS)
Tous à L'Ouest (DS)
Build a Bear Workshop (DS)
Bratz Ponyz 2 (DS)
Deco Tendance (DS)
Les Dalton (DS)
Horse Life Wii
Cover Girl (PSP)
Cocoto Festival (Wii)
Cocoto Surprise (Wii)
Western Heroes (Wii)
Marvel Super Heroes : Grand Master Challenge 3D (Wii)
Cocoto Alien Brick Breaker (3DS)
Puddle (PS3/Xbox 360)
Puddle (PS Vita)
Puddle (Androïd)
Projet Wii U
Projet PS Vita

I kind of hope the Game Card rumor isn't true, only because it'll be one more device for me to carry everywhere :p And I don't think too many people will use it. 3DS StreetPass works very well since it's the actual system.

if it's true I can't see it being any bigger than an usual credit card.
put it in your wallet and you're set

Sadist

€ 299

November 23rd

Pikmin 3

Resident Evil 6, Dead Space 3 announced

Why would you buy non-Nintendo software on Wii U or why can't we understand Mr. Iwata?

I'm done with dinner and because of the warmth... I'd say a cold beer or sports drink will hit the spot.

One hour and nine minutes. About fifteen minutes of 3DS talk, including a sizzle reel with games like Castlevania 3DS. Everything else will be Wii U.

Keeping it in check: 7/10. A very respectable launch.

Nintendo x Third party, a western one.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The gamer card rumour sounds interesting. When I think of a card I think of something like a credit card. I wonder what form factor will it take and how it will sync to the Wii U. Just 2 more weeks, just 2 more weeks.

That's the shape I'd hope for. I always carry my bus pass or wallet.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
I have a hard time believing the gamer card rumor just because that is not the kind of info that would leak out. Nintendo has no reason to give that info to developers and business partners ahead of time. At least I think.

Holy hell 6 is upon us!

The Nintendo Wii U Speculation Thread Pre-E3 Survey

1) So.. how much will the Wii U cost? AU$299-349

2) And when will the Wii U's Launch Day be? October 25th

3) Your #1 Desired Launch Day Game? Any new Nintendo IP.

4) Any pleasant third-party surprises for the Wii U? GTA 5

5) Any predictions of media criticisms for Nintendo's behaviour/substance during E3 Week? Underwhelming Graphics.

6) What'll be your preferred food & drink of choice during the Nintendo Conference? Mersey Valley Vintage cheese, Hot Salami and Crackers served with a glass of Pepsi Max.

7) How long will the Nintendo Conference go on, and what'll be the breakdown on time spent between Wii U amd 3DS? 2 Hours 30% 3DS 70% WiiU

8)  Predict:  rate the Wii U Launch lineup from 1 (worst) to 10 (best). 7.5 ;)

9) Predict: any final hardware revelations? Biometrics.

10) Predict:  any super-special applications that Nintendo's gonna spring on us? Steam.

11) Predict:  With BP now gone, who's the Nintendo fan most likely to be banned from NeoGAF during E3 Week? PaulGale :D

12)  Wild-card prediction: New Retro IP at launch.

Fou-Lu

$349.99

November 5th

Whatever Retro is doing will be amazing. If it isn't a launch title then Pikmin 3 it is.

Kingdom Hearts 3 exclusive. Final Fantasy Versus XIII. We'll see footage for DQX playing on a Wii U and it will be glorious.

Wii U games look worse than 360/PS3 games. Someone will say they are still confused if it is a new console or a controller for Wii, especially since the graphics look like Wii.

Probably a full English breakfast with iced tea. (It is the summer after all!)

7) How long will the Nintendo Conference go on, and what'll be the breakdown on time spent between Wii U and 3DS?
In the hour long conference we'll get nearly all of it devoted to Wii U, with maybe ten minutes set aside for an incredible sizzle reel for 3DS and a bit of talk.

10/10, because my heart will not let me hope for any less.

Is more powerful than we expect because we've been so de-hyped on power. Also the console itself will look much more interesting and less Wii-like in it's final design. I also think the final colour choice will surprise us.

Cross game play with 3DS, along with an interesting achievement system that interacts with Club Nintendo.

All of us will get banned to give some peace around here. It'll only be a month to let us cool off though. (It won't be long enough)

Gamecube emulation confirmed with enhanced resolution. F-Zero and a new Star Fox are in the works.

$279 - $349 (officially predicting $299.99)

October 21, 2012

for some reason, Project CARS

Definitive version of BLOPS 2

Sure it's awesome, but the graphics aren't real enough to make your eyes bleed

Depending on when it actually takes place, either a final exam or a burger.

2:00. 10-15 minutes talking about sales, 20-30 minutes on the 3DS, 1:15 to 1:30 on the Wii U.

8. Not quite the US Dreamcast lineup, but damn good.

Support for up to 4 U-pads. USB 3.0. (Hoping like hell for some kind of HDD SKU.)

Retro's game is a first person open world FPS in an AWESOME post-apocalyptic setting. Focus on exploration - In lieu of an original answer I'd just like to second this from Jaagen's post... because that sounds pretty fuckin' awesome.

BP again, somehow.

Square announces new Chrono game co-developed with Monolith; entire Internet collapses into anarchy.

Bonus "less likely to stay a fanboy's wet dream" wild-card: timed-exclusive GTA V.

E-phonk

Banned
€ 349

November 11th

Pikmin 3, (and NSMB maybe?)

GTA V

LOL iOS / iPad

Coke zero & italian ham

1.12 minuts - not so much sales as other years, 55%WiiU, 35% 3DS, 10% not system related

8/10.

Sneak peak of Nintendo Mushroom Kingdom, a nintendo MMO/RPG, holiday 2013
Zelda WiiU Fall 2013 (around PS4/Xbox release)
New 3DS zelda by Gecko/EAD, spring 2013
Super mario Universe, spring/summer 2013

Also shown: Fzero WU, Eternal Darkness 2, Fire Emblem WiiU, Monolith RPG

Wii U will come with a pokewalker like device that instead contains streetpass info for your Wii U so you can take it with you and streetpass your console data

Damn, I actually suggested something like this in the other thread. Granted I asked for a keychain(with a bottle opener), but still...that is awesome.

Apparently Castlevania 3DS and Wii U (LoS 2) are the crowdpleasers Paul Gale mentioned in his blog.

One good thing can come from this, and it's that this game will likely have a pretty awesome "art lore" of sorts to look through on the controller. I always think about just tapping buttons and whatnot, but I keep forgetting its a fully functional screen. Fully animated menus, sounds, my goodness this is going to be awesome. Well, that part at least.

joshwaan

$349

October 20th

Star Fox

Resident Evil 6, GTA V, Borderlands

Nintendo finally HD graphics like Xbox games

Nuts,Ice Cream & Jack Daniels :)

One hour and 20 minutes

Keeping it in check: 9/10. Best Console launch for Nintendo home console.

Super Smash Bros will be there at launch :p

tsab

1) So.. how much will the Wii U cost? €280-299.99 at least in my country (NORTEC LOL)

2) And when will the Wii U's Launch Day be? First days of December (EU)

3) Your #1 Desired Launch Day Game? Pikmin 3

4) Any pleasant third-party surprises for the Wii U? GTA5, No more Heroes 3 in developement

5) Any predictions of media criticisms for Nintendo's behaviour/substance during E3 Week? Almost all 3rd party games being PS3/X360 ports or enhanced editions. Not "New/Next Gen" enough etc.

6) What'll be your preferred food & drink of choice during the Nintendo Conference? Zeus Beer and Souvlaki

7) How long will the Nintendo Conference go on, and what'll be the breakdown on time spent between Wii U and 3DS? 45-60 Minutes for WiiU, 10 for Wii (gotta announce or show NPC Pikmin2, Dragon Quest and Pandora Tower for America), 25 for 3DS

8) Predict: rate the Wii U Launch lineup from 1 (worst) to 10 (best). Better than 3DS (7.0)

9) Predict: any final hardware revelations? TOSLINK, 3DS interconnectivity (emulates tablets), VMU-like mini games or applications, ran from the tablet without the console turned on.

10) Predict: any super-special applications that Nintendo's gonna spring on us? Spend Coins earned from games to unlock Mii clothes etc. , Facebook integration.

11) Predict: With BP now gone, who's the Nintendo fan most likely to be banned from NeoGAF during E3 Week? ¯\(°_o)/¯

12) Wild-card prediction: anything else? Up to 4 tablets can be connected,but can only stream THE SAME VIDEO/SOUND to all of them. Controls work normally because they use the bluetooth protocol

darthdago

Cool thread VI has started and it was a great entry/summary!! (Fun to read!)

BTW has any one information about IBM, if they have started the mass-production of a CPU recently or if they are about to start it soon?
I cant find something about it and iirc the first shipments for the Wii CPU were in September 2006.
I only ask, cos it could give us a real good idea of when the Wii U will arrive.

So if there is nothing to find now then July/August launch (even if not expected before) is out of the question.
Or can it be that even a BIG player like IBM has such a tight NDA??

SIDENOTE: The poor TT-guy that gave us the pic from the tablet seems to be without a job now and maybe has to defend himself infront of court cos of the NDA thing.

A bonus for me would be a downloadable Glory of Heracles, fully streamable, and will coincide with a 3DS eShop release of the DS version. It needed some ironing out, but damn it was such a refreshing traditional RPG. Great characters, fun dialog, and most importantly, great combat.

antonz

Cool thread VI has started and it was a great entry/summary!! (Fun to read!)

BTW has any one information about IBM, if they have started the mass-production of a CPU recently or if they are about to start it soon?
I cant find something about it and iirc the first shipments for the Wii CPU were in September 2006.
I only ask, cos it could give us a real good idea of when the Wii U will arrive.

So if there is nothing to find now then July/August launch (even if not expected before) is out of the question.
Or can it be that even a BIG player like IBM has such a tight NDA??

SIDENOTE: The poor TT-guy that gave us the pic from the tablet seems to be without a job now and maybe has to defend himself infront of court cos of the NDA thing.

Wii CPUs first shipped out to Nintendo on like September 8th 2006 then on like the 15th Nintendo announced release date. So they operate on tight enough timelines that we may not know anything in that regard for many more months

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
We can also now officially add Neko Entertainment (French sudio) to the Wii U pool support. Not a big deal, I know.

Source from the Creative Director Linkedin profile:
Awesome. Neko are one of the better indies on the present DD nintendo services (dodogo!, etc). Now we need odenis (pop island) on board and wiiuware will be fun times.

Was there any other prospect before him?

DOA

already a sixth thread? come on ppl, don't you have anything better to do?

give me more Speculations! i need more! can't wait until E3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom