• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrWong

Nah. This game really doesn't seem fun at all. Randomly generated platformers are not good.
Yeah, don't know and to tell you the truth is the crowdfunding thing which interest me here and the fact that Nintendo validated this project. From the kikckstarter page >
At the time we created the page, we only had permission from Steam to give away copies of the game. As of now, we have received permission from Nintendo to do the same thing! (Unfortunately we are unable to edit the text in the rewards explanations to reflect our change) But fear not! You can get yourself a copy of the Wii U game by donating to anything that mentions the Steam version!
Last updated: Saturday May 12, 3:16am EDT

*is still kind of hoping Nintendo pulls a Naughty Dog and has a secret team...or two*

Welcome to Community! Feels cozy. Do we all sit around a desk?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I know many in here are down on the idea of showcasing a 2D-Mario game for the system. I'm also in the camp that wants a new 3D-Mario game first (keep in mind that Wii U can most likely output actual 3D as well, which would be great).

However, seeing the trailer for Rayman Legends and the amazing amount of things going on in the background made me wonder: How would you feel if Nintendo went that route? A totally new art-style with chaos happening in the background?

My only real complaint about NSMB Wii was that it seemed too static--hardly anything was going on in the backgrounds and nothing really popped. A 2D-Mario with the Rayman Legends-esque art style and background would probably be amazing.

McNum

Is this the undiscovered country?
Eh, Community isn't that bad. It has ponies. Oh, wait... that's the Off-Topic Community. Well this thread has Pinkie Pie watching E3. Good enough. I'm kind of wondering, when E3 is over, and we have the mountain of info, and are a good way into the seventh thread, potentially, maybe it would be time to reflavor the threads?

I'm thinking something like "NintedoGAF Community |OT|" (or a more witty title.)

We don't have one of those, yet, do we? I mean, apart from the general Nintendo chatter in this thread and its predecessors?

I know many in here are down on the idea of showcasing a 2D-Mario game for the system. I'm also in the camp that wants a new 3D-Mario game first (keep in mind that Wii U can most likely output actual 3D as well, which would be great).

I'm definitely the 3D camp, but I fully understand why Nintendo would go the 2D route. The reality is that the 3D Mario games just don't sell anywhere near as well as the 2D Mario's. The 2D games have a way of reaching a casual audience and a core audience while the 3D games seem to be more about the cores audience. So 2D seems like it's the way to go for his first game on the console. It'll also give them additional time to cook up something really special for his first 3D game.

However, seeing the trailer for Rayman Legends and the amazing amount of things going on in the background made me wonder: How would you feel if Nintendo went that route? A totally new art-style with chaos happening in the background?

I don't even think that they need to go for a new art-style. Just use something similar to Yoshi's Island, but in HD. People would go crazy over that.

lednerg

So this is a bunch of petty horseshit and all, but whatever. We've been through a year speculating with zero news from Nintendo, I think we can take a couple weeks in the void here.

Moving to community is 'petty horseshit'?

Also pointless. In two weeks there's going to be a shitload of Wii U threads in Gaming and after a while, you're going to want a catch-all thread in there like this one.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Moving to community is 'petty horseshit'?

Double Fine's new title The Cave revealed, being published by Sega for PC/PSN/XBLA.

Not necessarily Wii U related, obviously, but this could be the unannounced multiplatform DD game coming to Wii U that appeared on that LinkedIn resume.

If Nintendo does get a game like Uncharted (cinematic experience), I just hope they have a smart developer onboard...that doesn't pit you against 3 heavily armoured shotgun enemies at once.

I'm mostly going to be looking at what Nintendo's UI - Network - Online - DD Store looks like for WiiU

can they really pull everything together like Spotpass - Achievements - Video Chat - something unique for community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom