• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Metroid multiplayer game where you and some buddies are Federation troopers dropped into different areas of a ship or planet (DayZ style) and have to meet up and use different abilities to progress and complete objectives. The controller screen has an Aliens-esque suit camera display so you can keep tabs on your friends whereabouts when you're separated.

a trauma center game that just sort of ignores the tv because omg Real trauma center on a bigger touchscreen and modern horsepower

then you could hold the pad in front of the tv as an xray or mri overlay or whatever

japtor

I thought we were clear on the range of the uPad as godly Ni-Fi?
Well generally I think bandwidth decreases with range...so who knows. I forget which patent I was looking at earlier but it looked like it mentioned handling variable bandwidth, maybe it can degrade the image (but still playable) for farther range w/lower bandwidth or something.
A Metroid multiplayer game where you and some buddies are Federation troopers dropped into different areas of a ship or planet (DayZ style) and have to meet up and use different abilities to progress and complete objectives. The controller screen has an Aliens-esque suit camera display so you can keep tabs on your friends whereabouts when you're separated.
:remember me?.gif:
whatever they open up with better be epic

I want to hear journos screaming like schoolgirls
A UE4 based game!

Something never seen before new IP would be a nice start but it needs to be high on the Graphics end

dammit what would Nintendo show the first 30 seconds of this E3 presser?

You play as a cherry blossom tree in an idyllic Japanese garden, but have to fend off mobs of angry birds lest they upset your haven.

D:

I've felt the same way throughout the years playing the DS. Inventory management, on screen maps, menus, etc are actually pretty nice to have on a separate screen.

Don't forget OoT 3D, that inventory screen was so amazingly useful to have (especially with Iron Boots in the Water Temple). It's high time touch sub screens come to home consoles.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
*watching Fable Kinect*

Watching MS press conference makes me think kinect might actually be fun if you had a 16-foot movie screen to pay in front of.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Well, honestly I think the Upad should be able to work throughout the house. I don't care about not being able to take it out of my house, but while I'm in the house I think that it should work and Nintendo should make it work so that we can play it in a reasonably sized house.

That's something that Nintendo should definitely be all over. I'd also fit with the whole structure of the UPad being like a tablet. I wonder though if you'd be able to browse the online store from the controller itself and make purchases too, or if it'll only be the game's image that transfers to the screen.

Don't forget OoT 3D, that inventory screen was so amazingly useful to have (especially with Iron Boots in the Water Temple). It's high time touch sub screens come to home consoles.

How could I forget that? It went from being so painful in the original to so useful on the 3DS.

21713e26jpgab.jpg

I assume Iwata made a deal with the devil so he doesn't age?

What is this from? Something to do with Kirby's anniversary?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I just heard from my sources that the Wii U is going to be exclusive to Australia. Sorry guys.

How could I forget that? It went from being so painful in the original to so useful on the 3DS.

Seriously.

And I'm proud to saw that even though it was the first time I'd played the game in 11 years, this time I figured out every puzzle in the Water Temple on my own. 8)

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
The hi-res updated Wii U logo disappeared from the press site.

Dun dun duuuunnnn.

Even on the user logged-in site?

To actually rename it would be pretty embarrassing. It would be an admission that their marketing team got it wrong and maybe they're unsure exactly what kind of product they're selling.

How hilarious would it be if Retro produced 2 Wii U games for the launch window? The conference kicks off by revealing Retro Game 1, and the ends with a surprise reveal of Retro Game 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom