• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

onilink88

Grampa Simpson still around?

Me and him are supposed to talk dirty at one another on some unconfirmed date during E3.

If I'm going to get banned it's going to be posting pure and utter debauchery about an aging man and a monkey. Chains and leather if I can fit into my dominatrix outfit anymore.

Yeah, I enjoyed his member as well.

Had to use something to get the figs up there.

No amount of therapy is ever going to help me after this.

squid

Man, I really hope we get a Majora's Mask remake on 3DS as well.

Also, I'm glad (and surprised tbh) that Thunder Monkey is still with us.

Man, I really hope we get a Majora's Mask remake on 3DS as well.

Also, I'm glad (and surprised tbh) that Thunder Monkey is still with us.

Most of the mods love me, but if they tell me to back off I set up camera's in their homes and videotape them masturbating. To use as blackmail material.

Nirolak! I know what you fapped to last summer!

In all seriousness, 99% of AceBandage's recent posts were in this thread, I'm not sure he's posted anywhere else in a sufficient way recently to demonstrate "passive aggressive trolling" or "hivemind posting"... not that I can see anyway. It seems so sudden and out of nowhere, a search against his recent posts yields nothing. If its perma, that seems way harsh. Unless I'm missing a prolific history of bans or he said something out of turn by PM or something... seems to me like someones just gotten pissed off with him and pulled the trigger... it seems an injustice that people like east of eastside are still posting and baiting, while Ace is banned. He was just an enthusiastic fan. Ah well, I'm sure there were reasons. Hope he still joins in by IRC, twitter etc.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
In all seriousness, 99% of AceBandage's recent posts were in this thread, I'm not sure he's posted anywhere else in a sufficient way recently to demonstrate "passive aggressive trolling" or "hivemind posting"... not that I can see anyway. It seems so sudden and out of nowhere, a search against his recent posts yields nothing. If its perma, that seems way harsh. Unless I'm missing a prolific history of bans or he said something out of turn by PM or something... seems to me like someones just gotten pissed off with him and pulled the trigger... it seems an injustice that people like east of eastside are still posting and baiting, while Ace is banned. He was just an enthusiastic fan.

Ace had a lengthy history with the mods. Once he was banned for an entire year. I am sure he was always on their radar.

snesfreak

Banned
Hey mods, I really REALLY don't want to be banned during E3.
So if I'm posting something that's dangerous for me, give me a warning!

Hey guys.

Wouldn´t it be interesting to have an open world 3D Mario?

You could drive around in a Kart/Boat or fly a Plane through the HUGE hubworld. You could spent coins on items (Extra fire flower for a level, lives). It would have drop-in/drop-out co op and your friends would appear in your hubworld when they join your game.

God that would be sweet...

WillyFive

Hey guys.

You could drive around in a Kart/Boat or fly a Plane through the HUGE hubworld. You could spent coins on items (Extra fire flower for a level, lives). It would have drop-in/drop-out co op and your friends would appear in your hubworld when they join your game.

Yes. A lot better than that linear SMG2.

Ace gone is kinda harder to take than BP

I like all of GAF. To varying degrees of course, so I don't especially like to see any of you disappear.

But I will no longer mourn. That time is passed. Now it's time for me to watch Torchwood. I thought it would be about burning wood, but it's actually a lot more interesting than that.

Ace is perma? Woah. I liked dat guy. Good bye Ace and Good Luck! I even captilized Good Luck so you WILL have GOOD LUCK.

I HOPE.

Okay, last version for today since I need to sleep now; if you want to join HYPE town, then send me a message.

iY6sQ6n5KdDJr.jpg
Yay I'm in! Thanks! *Saves pic to iPad*

And...I am a couple pages behind again D:

I've been lurking this thread for so long. It's sad to see Ace, gone. Well, I'm willing to be apart of NintenGAF, so we have more posts! Haha.
and a 7th Wii U thread!

NeoRausch

Hey guys.

Dude, i still have this fever dream about wuhu island as a hub world/homelike thingy.

ya know, build your house, unlock interior, go out and go for a hike or bike ride around the vulcano, get on a kart and do a race against your friends and strangers.
Beeing home again to check out the news (game infos) or play some Virtual console. Go for a big as "find mii"esque-adventure, do some sports....Bla, bla, bla....

as much as people dispies wuhu island, nintendo WANTS to establish it (just look at how many games it was in in that short period of time) and they gonna keep going. Miyamoto stated that he want's wuhu to be some kind of returning "character" for nintendo.

and you know what.... I like wuhu island (beside that name...it's stupid!)

DeMatador

Neo Member
Hey guys.

The first part sounds literally like GTA: Mushroom Kingdom.

If you ask me, Paper Mario delivered enough of that open-world feeling. Except of course the multiplayer, which I'm still not very sure would work in a 3D Mario. It's up for debate, really.

rpmurphy

I've been lurking this thread for so long. It's sad to see Ace, gone. Well, I'm willing to be apart of NintenGAF, so we have more posts! Haha.
and a 7th Wii U thread!
1.04 posts per day nowhere near replaces Ace's! That's why you're still a kid!

I gotta start participating more too, since it's getting close to E3 and I got myself a new PC.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Hey mods, I really REALLY don't want to be banned during E3.
So if I'm posting something that's dangerous for me, give me a warning!

To be honest snes I'm still surprised you survived the Great Rock Band Massacre of E3 2010.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I was going to wait until E3 to post this, but since we're on the topic, I might as well now. This is a bit more thrown together though since I'm on time constraints.

So, in general, our goal is to defuse console wars before they start by leaving posters who behave well to serve as a shining examples for others to follow. The road to E3 is one of the most effective times to do this as most console war topics actually spawn out of this event, and really, it just makes the forum a significantly less fun place to be if it consists entirely of people bickering over their favored game platforms.

As such, there is a concerted effort to try and get out ahead of the event by looking over console war threads and making it clear that all the rules in the FAQ still apply even if you really hate the opinion that other person has about a certain platform, company, and/or game.

Now, given the number of threads we have went through, chances are that if you're still here you are most likely doing something right, or at minimum, not doing something wrong enough to get banned. We are generally more sensitive to lighter infractions around this time, but since most of you are still here, this means that most of you understand what good and/or acceptable posting is and have no problems following directions. I'm not guaranteeing that's the case for everyone, since quite frankly I barely come to this thread and am not entirely sure who posts in it, but hey, the odds honestly are significantly in your favor at this point.

Since people tend to be confused however, here are some general guidelines that can help you out.

1.) Basically all the mods really, really don't care how powerful the Wii U is, and aren't at all bothered by other people's opinions of the system. Hell, thinking back, I have most likely played more games on the Wii than any other console this generation, and I really couldn't care what games on the Wii U end up looking like since that is irrelevant to what I will end up getting the system for; namely, to play interesting Nintendo games. What the mods do care about however is a torrent of people angrily, passive aggressively, or disingenuously yelling at each other and degrading the quality of threads because, oh gee, they just really can't stand that someone else's opinion of the system is different. This applies to both sides of the argument, though you likely don't notice members from the other side disappearing because they don't post in here.

2.) Threads aren't always moderated immediately for a variety of reasons. If you see a bunch of people disappear at once and don't see anything wrong in their immediate post history, that's probably because there wasn't.

3.) Moderators don't read every post on the forum. If you feel someone is misbehaving, instead of telling them to "STFU" or going into the thread and posting "Oh GAF is such a bunch of clowns who will come up with anything to troll the Wii U", simply PM a mod. I'm serious, taking the high road will result in you not being banned and quite possibly result in someone trolling the system you like being banned. It's so much more effective than insulting people. The mods who are mostly likely to see your PM are duckroll, charlequin, stumpokapow, y2kev, kabouter, and myself. However, your PM may not be acted upon immediately as we very frequently consult each other on bans to maintain fairness and make sure our policies are consistent.

4.) Really, there should be nothing that isn't in the FAQ that you end up getting banned for. If you do not understand why you were banned and/or wish to protest your ban, feel free to e-mail support@neogaf.com or send @Stumpokapow a message on Twitter. That last one may prove more effective as the e-mail address gets a lot of mail and is only maintained by one person (that person is not me). I can't promise you will actually get a response, but your complaint will be seen, and there is at least a decent chance you will get feedback.

5.) I will add more later, but I currently have to go and felt you should at least get some response here. Remember, our hope is honestly to have a very large and healthy Nintendo community under the stipulation that it consists of people who want to discuss Nintendo games instead of bicker with people who like other platforms.

I will make sure to read the posts after this one before I post a follow up so I can answer any questions you have. Remember, you have the power to make NeoGAF a fantastic place to discuss Nintendo games.

Roo

he can't hear you up there... He can't hear you where he lives now.... *hugs*

It really sucks man
we are 9 days away
9 FUCKING DAYS!!
Actually, I'm glad I don't post on other threads that are not Nintendo related
dangerous shit!

to bring some happiness to our hearts, I'll post this again :D

presentbombreactOOKMED.gif

I was going to wait until E3 to post this, but since we're on the topic, I might as well now. This is a bit more thrown together though since I'm on time constraints.

So, in general, our goal is to defuse console wars before they start by leaving posters who behave well to serve as a shining examples for others to follow. The road to E3 is one of the most effective times to do this as most console war topics actually spawn out of this event, and really, it just makes the forum a significantly less fun place to be if it consists entirely of people bickering over their favored game platforms.

As such, there is a concerted effort to try and get out ahead of the event by looking over console war threads and making it clear that all the rules in the FAQ still apply even if you really hate the opinion that other person has about a certain platform, company, and/or game.

Now, given the number of threads we have went through, chances are that if you're still here you are most likely doing something right, or at minimum, not doing something wrong enough to get banned. We are generally more sensitive to lighter infractions around this time, but since most of you are still here, this means that most of you understand what good and/or acceptable posting is and have no problems following directions. I'm not guaranteeing that's the case for everyone, since quite frankly I barely come to this thread and am not entirely sure who posts in it, but hey, the odds honestly are significantly in your favor at this point.

Since people tend to be confused however, here are some general guidelines that can help you out.

1.) Basically all the mods really, really don't care how powerful the Wii U is, and aren't at all bothered by other people's opinions of the system. Hell, thinking back, I have most likely played more games on the Wii than any other console this generation, and I really couldn't care what games on the Wii U end up looking like since that is irrelevant to what I will end up getting the system for; namely, to play interesting Nintendo games. What the mods do care about however is a torrent of people angrily, passive aggressively, or disingenuously yelling at each other and degrading the quality of threads because, oh gee, they just really can't stand that someone else's opinion of the system is different. This applies to both sides of the argument, though you likely don't notice members from the other side disappearing because they don't post in here.

2.) Threads aren't always moderated immediately for a variety of reasons. If you see a bunch of people disappear at once and don't see anything wrong in their immediate post history, that's probably because there wasn't.

3.) Moderators don't read every post on the forum. If you feel someone is misbehaving, instead of telling them to "STFU" or going into the thread and posting "Oh GAF is such a bunch of clowns who will come up with anything to troll the Wii U", simply PM a mod. I'm serious, taking the high road will result in you not being banned and quite possibly result in someone trolling the system you like being banned. It's so much more effective than insulting people. The mods who are mostly likely to see your PM are duckroll, charlequin, stumpokapow, y2kev, kabouter, and myself. However, your PM may not be acted upon immediately as we very frequently consult each other on bans to maintain fairness and make sure our policies are consistent.

4.) Really, there should be nothing that isn't in the FAQ that you end up getting banned for. If you do not understand why you were banned and/or wish to protest your ban, feel free to e-mail support@neogaf.com or send @Stumpokapow a message on Twitter. That last one may prove more effective as the e-mail address gets a lot of mail and is only maintained by one person (that person is not me). I can't promise you will actually get a response, but your complaint will be seen, and there is at least a decent chance you will get feedback.

5.) I will add more later, but I currently have to go and felt you should at least get some response here. Remember, our hope is honestly to have a very large and healthy Nintendo community under the stipulation that it consists of people who want to discuss Nintendo games instead of bicker with people who like other platforms.

I will make sure to read the posts after this one before I post a follow up so I can answer any questions you have. Remember, you have the power to make NeoGAF a fantastic place to discuss Nintendo games.
>>time constrained
>> types life story

:p

E3 is going to be a crazy time. Always is.

NeoRausch

I approve nirolaks post and EVERYBODY should read it CAREFULLY!

Nirolak, will something like this be sticky posted to the gameing forums? It's good.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
I hope I don't get banned.

Is self-satire ever a bannable offense?

People just need to watch what they post. I've been banned many a times across many forums for many things. Basically if you're in doubt whether you should post something, don't do it, if your post is simply something negative without an ounce of constructiveness, don't post it, etc...

Now someone leak something so we can move on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom