• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Katawa Shoujo |OT| (VN, Free, Waifus, etc)

q3Rz3.gif

Was doing alright. Finally did some inking on my fanart, about 50% done with that. On my way to NY at the moment, gonna hit up Book Off.

I wish I had hit up Book Off when I was there 2 weeks ago. I got a pretty nice haul of CDs last time I was there. Went to Strand instead but got some good hardcovers for a good price

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I wish I had hit up Book Off when I was there 2 weeks ago. I got a pretty nice haul of CDs last time I was there. Went to Strand instead but got some good hardcovers for a good price

Yeah, they have some good stuff. I ended up getting a Detective Conan book (was missing 74), then went to Image Anime and got a Miku plush and small Kuroneko figure. (^人^)

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Just finished act 1.

Dawwwwwwww @ the Hanako cinema between act 1 and 2.

I just want to give her a big hug and tell her everything's going to be fine, but she'd probably shriek in terror and suffer PTSD from it :(

oh god.... Hanako :( :( :( :( (Act 3 spoilers)

The panic attack and subsequent visits to the nurse and her in her room. :( :( :( :(

Edit: Just finished hanako's arc. I'M NOT CRYING. I'M NOT CRYING AT ALL ;_;

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Just finished act 1.

I just want to give her a big hug and tell her everything's going to be fine, but she'd probably shriek in terror and suffer PTSD from it :(

The panic attack and subsequent visits to the nurse and her in her room. :( :( :( :(

*group hug*

XeroSauce

Just finished act 1.

It's like I'm playing all over again.

GaimeGuy

Get the bad end

My natural choices led me to the good end for Hanako when I decided to do her path, actually, but I made sure to get the bad and neutral endings before I watched the good one.

Shizune was easy as it was only one choice and it was obvious w hat the correct choice would be.

Rin's autistic quirkiness eluded me. I got the bad end first (told her to explain things), and then the neutral end. But again, I didn't see the good end until seeing the other ends.

I'm pretty sure I have Lilly and Emi figured out from what I've seen of them in the other routes.

GaimeGuy

I have completed Emi and Lilly's routes, and achieved 100% in the game.

These are my scenario rankings:
Rin = Lilly = Shizune = Emi = Hanako.

I... honestly, this game has made me think about a lot of things.

How I'm going through the motions with my daily grind, just going to work, coming home, relaxing, going to bed, then getting up to do it all over again, kind of falling behind in productivity over the months.

How I've neglected to stay in touch with my friends. Or acquaintances. After letting us drift so far apart, I'm not sure one could call us friends anymore.

How I lost 20 pounds over the last half of 2011, but have plateaued off at a weight of around 170 lbs (height: 5'6) and have been neglecting to exercise in the past few months since then, though drifting between 170-175 for most of the time, but never making any further progress.

How my anxiety over driving, my lack of a driving license or a car, the inconvenience and lengthy travel times of public transportation, and the isolation from those I considered friends have resulted in a complete lack of any social life...

I'm 24 years old. I make good money. But my life kind of sucks, if you look at the complete picture. I''m just like Hisao. Lost, confused, empty. It's amazing how a free dating sim with fanservice sex scenes can convey so much about life, and allow one to reflect on what oneself is doing with their own life.

I can't rank these 5 scenarios. They are individually well-made, but together, the lessons they convey are so much more powerful. About overcoming your own handicaps. About friendship. About coping with loss. About living with no regrets. About life.

I'm going to change. And I'm going to start by taking a light jog and calling up the local DMV for some driving practice sessions.

How I'm going through the motions with my daily grind, just going to work, coming home, relaxing, going to bed, then getting up to do it all over again, kind of falling behind in productivity over the months.

How I've neglected to stay in touch with my friends. Or acquaintances. After letting us drift so far apart, I'm not sure one could call us friends anymore.

How I lost 20 pounds over the last half of 2011, but have plateaued off at a weight of around 170 lbs (height: 5'6) and have been neglecting to exercise in the past few months since then, though drifting between 170-175 for most of the time, but never making any further progress.

How my anxiety over driving, my lack of a driving license or a car, the inconvenience and lengthy travel times of public transportation, and the isolation from those I considered friends have resulted in a complete lack of any social life...

I'm 24 years old. I make good money. But my life kind of sucks, if you look at the complete picture. I''m just like Hisao. Lost, confused, empty. It's amazing how a free dating sim with fanservice sex scenes can convey so much about life, and allow one to reflect on what oneself is doing with their own life.

I can't rank these 5 scenarios. They are individually well-made, but together, the lessons they convey are so much more powerful. About overcoming your own handicaps. About friendship. About coping with loss. About living with no regrets. About life.

I'm going to change. And I'm going to start by taking a light jog and calling up the local DMV for some driving practice sessions.
Fuck. Yeah.

XeroSauce

Your posts make me smile because it's like I'm back at Page 35 getting hyped about the soundtrack and changing my life.

Keep it up, keep the momentum going. I've been gaining weight and running, working hard, actually taking care of the house and myself..it's a great thing.

Top Bottom