• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh please, totally fake. Nintendo would NEVER give in to Epic. NEVER!!!

Nintendo has been feeding devs lies all along and the stuff that BG knows about are all leaked for that fake stuff

but some Chinese James Bond finally delivered the Truth...
edit: If you read that site authors name backwards it says "IdeaMan Aka Lex Luthor"

conspiracy is afoot

That would be pretty amazing.

Actually, I'm a bit surprised at Sega. I figure the best time to release a Sonic game is at the launch of a Nintendo system. I don't know why they never take advantage of this. It's not like Nintendo has been launching consoles with Mario lately.
Well, the Storybook team (Secret Rings, Black Knight, Colors) hasn't been doing much, as far as I know. They might have something up their sleeves.

Frankly, though, we'd be lucky to just get a port of Generations. Which I wouldn't buy, since I have it on PC, but would recommend to anyone who liked Unleashed's day sections.

neo2046 is this a known site for good rumors?

--
I know nothing about tech but would it not be IMPOSSIBLE to change/upgrade your GPU from one to another when devs have had devkits and working on games for over a year?

Dascu

Posted?

Metro: Last Light is no longer a confirmed Wii U title.

Global brand manager Mark Madsen said that while the port "could" still happen, it would be "correct" to say that it is no longer confirmed for the system.

"Not at the moment, it's not in development," Madsen told Digital Spy.

"If it does happen, it won't sim-ship with the other SKUs, but if the opportunity arises we'll take a look at it."

Madsen also denied that Metro: Last Light's appearance during Wii U's third-party showreel at Nintendo's press conference at E3 last year was too premature.

"No I don't think it was a bit too early [to show the game at E3]. As we got along in the development process, we just really wanted to focus on what we knew, focus on PS3, 360 and PC," he explained.

"The verdict is out on what we can do to maximise the code for the Wii U, and we'll see [what happens]."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/...t-no-longer-confirmed-for-wii-u-says-thq.html

Edit: Goddamn arctic bird.

I've been mostly away since Friday as well, but I picked up on some major bannings (Ace and Jump) some tiny developers confirming support for Wii-U, UE4 still up in the air, and Wii-U's Facebook going up.

Seems like a rather uneventful weekend for news....

You didn't miss anything. Still just the usual Nintendo is doomed haha

WUST_120529a.png

Well, it looks like the move to No Man's Land has not significantly affected the performance of these threads. We're currently on track to be the biggest ever Wii U Speculation Thread, and this is particularly notable considering I'm one of the more frequent posters but just missed out on half a week.

I think the earlier thread will overtake this one unless something pretty huge happens. It's not unlikely, though.

Portugeezer

Didn't the developers mention Wii U version was in the works in a recent interview? I am sure they did.

I have a PC but whatever, it's not coming to Wii U.

Nibel

Nintendo has to be pissed by all the third-parties that bails on them, right?

If I was selling more than all of them combined, I wouldn't be pissed. It's just baffling that most of them think that power is the only thing that brings gaming forward.

Smellycat

WUST_120529a.png

Well, it looks like the move to No Man's Land has not significantly affected the performance of these threads. We're currently on track to be the biggest ever Wii U Speculation Thread, and this is particularly notable considering I'm one of the more frequent posters but just missed out on half a week.

I think the earlier thread will overtake this one unless something pretty huge happens. It's not unlikely, though.

I think it will overtake it. If you look at the last thread, we got a leak/info around day 14, and the post count skyrocketed. I think as we countdown the final days, more and more people will post because of the hype, and then when E3 starts we are going to get even more speculation because Nintendo isn't going to reveal every single detail about the WiiU.

darthdago

that would be nice if that rumor with the 6850 like GPU will turn out true.
even if clocked down it will have more than 1 TFlops or?
All in all it could turn out to be a powerhouse (in the Nintendo way)

Dont missunderstand me I would like the idea of the 3 systems being in the same league.
But at least I'm so damn happy (and therefor it doesnt matter if its 6850 like or not) that I can play 1st, 2nd and 3rd party games in HD on a Nintendo console.

BUT I'm curious now is this rumor legit BG?

Kjellson

WUST_120529a.png

Hehe. "Cum".

Van Owen

Banned
"Oh Lets twist again, like we did last summer."

Keighly comes in to clarify his own words and you decide to bend the words again to suit your agenda? Do you believe what you say is actually a fair represebtation of his clarification?

I was referring to Epic's response, not Geoffs.

Penguin

Nintendo has to be pissed by all the third-parties that bails on them, right?

I had this discussion, and think mentioned in thread before, on my podcast.

The worst thing about Nintendo's vow of silence is almost everything we've heard about the console has been negative.

This game isn't coming to the system. This engine doesn't work on the system. This developer has an issue with the system.

So they have a lot of negativity heading into e3. And let's hope they know what they were doing.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
To be fair, that Chinese site is only 'obscure' since none of us are well versed on the Chinese tech web sphere. Not that I believe those specs are accurate, but are way more plausible than the 10GB of RAM Ps4 that some Gaffers believed. Hell, I wouldn't bet money I can't afford to lose betting against the possibility of Wii U having a 6800 variant.

My money is still on a GPU closer to a 6600's in Power, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom