• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
It means they got too many games to show off....

And as Thraktor said in the other thread, this lets Ubisoft and EA show off their Wii U software in Monday without no confusion on the controller or hardware design.

Sadist

OH they are in LA

vjYSt.jpg

wsippel

Banned
I hope Nintendo switches to GHS MULTI 6 soon if they haven't already (they used 5.3.11 back in April):

Record-breaking improvements in code speed and size on ARM and Power Architecture. Green Hills Compiler 2012 outperforms both competitors and prior Green Hills Compiler releases by up to 34% on CoreMark speed benchmarks. As an example, Green Hills Compiler 2012 achieved a CoreMark benchmark of 288.11 on a Freescale Kinetis K60 at 100MHz for a record-breaking 2.88 CoreMark/MHz. The nearest published competitor is at 2.17 CoreMark/MHz on this processor. This is a performance improvement of over 32%.
http://www.ghs.com/news/20110927_esc_boston11_MULTI6.html

schuelma

So..wonder if this means we are going to see a ton of 3rd party stuff Monday, or if Nintendo is still going to make a lot of companies hold off for Tuesday.

Redford

aka Cabbie
And on a Sunday! Here I was thinking tomorrow would be the hardest day to get through.

Aside from Club Nintendo and Facebook and all that jazz, I really hope Nintendo has a better dialogue with their fans this gen. This is a good sign.

japtor

So, what if Sony or Microsoft reveal Durango/PS4 despite them saying they won't? How badly will that affect Nintendo's conference?
Best case is that the preview/bullshots aren't as impressive to casual users as they're hoping (diminishing returns and all that), in which case it'll play into Nintendo's hands, especially if they do have something especially fancy looking (and actually playable).
I LOVE the activity log. If it can be in WiiU, I'll be more than pleased!!! :D
I go there daily to see my stats. :D
...I'm not sure I want to know how long I've spent on playing games. (I already know I've wasted many hours, Trials Evolution, you don't need to show me the exact time)
Haha you know it. I guess Stars would be cool too. Mini stars are like bronze, Power Stars are silver, and Grand Stars are Gold.
SHINE GET!

Azure J

I am SO fucking happy I read this page. WTF Nintendo is going balls deep with this event aren't they? I guess they realize that they need to bring it and bombard people with marketing for the system now.

So Nintendo Direct tomorrow, press conference and software showcase on tuesday, developer discussion on wednesday. You're killing me, Nintendo!

japtor

So..wonder if this means we are going to see a ton of 3rd party stuff Monday, or if Nintendo is still going to make a lot of companies hold off for Tuesday.
That's the best explanation/hope for it. Get whatever hardware secrets out of the way and let third parties blow out everything they have. Nintendo probably has enough to fill their own conference without them.

If they unveil the new console and controller design tomorrow, then there's no reason for them to not let third party devs start showing/announcing their games on Monday. It could actually keep the Wii U hype high through the other conferences. Especially if third party devs talk about how the Wii U versions will look/run the best on consoles.

schuelma

If they unveil the new console and controller design tomorrow, then there's no reason for them to not let third party devs start showing/announcing their games on Monday. It could actually keep the Wii U hype high through the other conferences. Especially if third party devs talk about how the Wii U versions will look/run the best on consoles.

Yeah I know Ubisoft is confirmed to be showing Wii U stuff Monday, and EA will probably as well- I guess I am wondering if Nintendo is going to let everyone else open the floodgates as well, or still hold a lot back for Tuesday.

Redford

aka Cabbie
This basically eliminates the possibility of them bombing the show! Since we'll know about it already, they will spend more time on online and games and whatnot! I'm sure they'll do a formal re-reveal of the hardware, but at least there'll be no ambiguity!

My body wasn't gonna be ready until Tuesday! Now its tomorrow! My mind is fucking blown!

Nintendo and their ways! Seriously I can't even think right now!

It seems like it'll be about hardware instead of software, which is fine with me if they show the complet, or alot of the OS and online features.

My body wasn't ready for this.

Nintendo is trying to take over E3.

They preempt Sony and MS with this on Sunday.

Steal some thunder from them with 3rd party announcements on Monday.

I don't need to speak for what's about to go down on Tuesday.

ALL ABOARD!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom