• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could definitely see a third party game ending their conference. I hope they landed a third party deal big enough to warrant that, unfortunately I kind of doubt a third party game will top whatever first party title they would use to fill that spot instead.

I think that GTA5 could be bigger than anything that they could announce from a first party side. Maybe not in terms of sales, but in terms of public perception. It's never appeared on a Nintendo console and it's held pretty high in the eyes of journalists when it comes to representing "mature" gaming. Landing it would not only show that third party support will be different on the Wii U, but it could possibly change how some journalists look at Nintendo consoles.

Rockstar has yet to announce any platforms for the game, so E3 seems like the best time for that to happen. They're probably going to allow one of the platform holders to announce it for their platform first, and then a press release will come out after that to confirm the other platforms. And i'm guessing that if it doesn't happen at the MS conference, then it's a lock for Nintendo's.

Zero148

interesting and awesome at one time the Nintendo direct tomorrow.

WiiU news earlyer than hoped, maybe we will also see the OS and maybe other Hardware features we don't know abaout.

But I think tommorow we will see the redesign of the console and the controller, but no OS. I'm open for surprises though :)

Edit:

An extra Nintendo direct for the hardware is a very good sign for the conference, more time for Games and maybe 5 extra minutes for my sweet 3DS

Well, this is certainly a pleasant surprise! Hope this entails all the hardware, not just the controller. I can't imagine why it wouldn't be after last E3's confusion. This should be interesting!

Xane

Miyamoto on stage?
Zelda HD confirmed.

vjYSt.jpg

snesfreak

Banned
Mibbit's banned for now, that damn spammer kept coming back.
Though I wasn't around when it happened.
If possible try to get an IRC client, I'll try to figure something else out.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Do we have a real shot at seeing Smash at the conference in a CG trailer of some sort? The more I think about it, the crazier it sounds that Sora/Nintendo sat on this for more than half a year while they finished KI.

EDIT: Didn't mean tomorrow, that's crazy. :p

Emitan

Mibbit's banned for now, that damn spammer kept coming back.
Though I wasn't around when it happened.
If possible try to get an IRC client, I'll try to figure something else out.

I can't connect to that server because of my router so Mibbit is my only way :(

Well, I can use my phone at least.

Nibel

What a intelligent move by Nintendo - feeding the masses with ND direct and deliver the next stuff at their conference; first and last to drop bombs

Penguin

More rumors about the system's features

http://wiiudaily.com/2012/06/wii-u-getting-achievements-cloud-storage-social-networking/

“We have a lot of freedom with the Wii U points system, we can add “brackets” for players, e.g. if you amass X points you get promoted into a new bracket with awards such as new MP [multiplayer] skins”

Nintendo Network on Wii U will introduce new avatars with a lot more features than the original Mii avatars on the Wii console. Players will be able to use the Wii U controller’s built-in camera to take pictures of themselves and create digital avatars that resemble high-definition Miis. The Miis can then be imported into games

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Do we have a real shot at seeing Smash at the conference in a CG trailer of some sort? The more I think about it, the crazier it sounds that Sora/Nintendo sat on this for more than half a year while they finished KI.

EDIT: Didn't mean tomorrow, that's crazy. :p
I wouldn't rule out a CG trailer during the software showcase.
not shown: smoke billowing out a few seconds later, hiroshi yamauchi stepping out with pimp cane in hand.
Perfect.

Luigison

I'm guessing that the ND will have some things that will be seen and/or playable on the floor next week to generate some pre-E3 buzz and that their conference has other surprises that won't be on the floor to keep the buzz going after E3.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I think Smash is very possible. Nintendo will want to throw everything they can out there, and it doesn't get bigger than Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom