• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sven: Capcom has some good stuff coming to Wii U

I wouldn't be surprised to see SFxT not make it

Sony has a weird sort of psychosexual obsession with keeping that game as part of "their" stable

You obviously can't pass up the 360 user base, but you can keep it off new systems

Except, isn't Castlevania a Konami's IP?

bb56d372_Thats_the_joke.jpeg

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Dragon's Dogma seems like a likely port. Capcom was really wanting success for that title, and (outside of Japan), it just hasn't found it. Dragon's Dogma should be a relatively easy port, and could possibly see some new live in the west considering the library for WiiU will be small at launch, and it will be one of the very few games represeting the free-roaming genre there. They could also squeeze out an extra 50-100k in Japan.

Dragon's Dogma seems like a likely port. Capcom was really wanting success for that title, and (outside of Japan), it just hasn't found it. Dragon's Dogma should be a relatively easy port, and could possibly see some new live in the west considering the library for WiiU will be small at launch, and it will be one of the very few games represeting the free-roaming genre there. They could also squeeze out an extra 50-100k in Japan.

Yeah, Dragon's dogma definitely needs to sell more, considering how much money they put into it, so a WiiU port should be a no-brainer.

Sony has a weird sort of psychosexual obsession with keeping that game as part of "their" stable

You obviously can't pass up the 360 user base, but you can keep it off new systems
After it cratered, I doubt Capcom's in much hurry to port it anyway. Another SSF4 or UMVC3 port is legitimately likely to sell better.

majik13

last I heard it has done fairly well, enough to warrant a sequel and franchise.Maybe not as well in the rest of the world. But I agree I think it could do very well on wii u.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/po...l-confirmed-as-game-becomes-a-million-seller/

last I heard it has done fairly well, enough to warrant a sequel and franchise.Maybe not as well in the rest of the world. But I agree I think it could do very well on wii u.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/po...l-confirmed-as-game-becomes-a-million-seller/

Only one million seems to me quite underwhelming at the very least, considering how a big investment it was to build up the new HD graphic engine.

Speaking of which, weren't they expecting 3 millions worldwide?

To put it into some perspective, Monster hunter tri sold 2 million copies, but with a much lower budget.

MarkusRJR

Only one million seems to me quite underwhelming at the very least, considering how a big investment it was to build up the new HD graphic engine.

Speaking of which, weren't they expecting 3 millions worldwide?

To put it into some perspective, Monster hunter tri sold 2 million copies, but with a much lower budget.
I thought Capcom originally wanted to sell 10 million copies of DD (lol). They lowered it a bit after that, but even then 1 million is probably a massive bomb.

I thought Capcom originally wanted to sell 10 million copies of DD (lol). They lowered it a bit after that, but even then 1 million is probably a massive bomb.

Exactly, it seems to me it's bombed hard, although it has sold decently in Japan, so I cannot fathom how can they possibly be satisfied with the sales so far.

Nintendo Directs must be eating up announcements left and right.

That would be fine, but since theyt are announced 37 hours before they air, its tough, man.

It would be nice to see Monster Hunter get the visual upgrade it could have had on PS3 and Xbox 360. The reason they went with Wii for Monster Hunter 3 was in part to cut development costs - Wii U will yet again be a cheaper machine to develop for next to Sony's and Microsoft's next-gen hardware.

The extra screen would also come in handy for managing tools and equipment, and quick selection, obviously.

Monster hunter wii u launch title. Could this be real life?

I can't see that happening, as much as I reckon UTablet would work just nice with maps and inventory..

Well, they could still recycle Dragon's dogma's graphic engine, but seeing how MH3G has sold much better than they expected, they'll stick with 3DS not to split the userbase.

I'm just hoping to get some kind of fighting game lined up for the Wii U. I'd ask for UMvC3, but it is probably too far out for that.

Whoa, i didnt even consider the possibility of a 3G port.

If nintendo really did buy exclusivity for MH 3 and 4, it would be smart and amazing if they could get a MH on the wii U at launch and build that base up.

For what (little) it's worth, Sven has implied that he sees the "test game" strategy as regrettable:

IGN: Any regrets with the Wii?

Svensson: I think like much of the industry, I wish I knew what it was going to be a year before it actually became apparent what it was going to be, in terms of market acceptance. I don't know that there's any publisher you could speak to going into that window that would have said "It's going to be that." Maybe Ubisoft did, they're the only ones that bet really heavily out of the gate on it. But I'm not sure if they capitalized on it any better than we did in the end.

I'm not disappointed with our Wii output at all.

There are certain things I wish we would have done, but the problem is the windows of opportunities closed. When it became apparent we should have done something, the chance had already passed us by from a business or development standpoint. But other than that, it was not terrible. We've had some major successes. The Wii helped us grow the Monster Hunter brand in the West. Our most successful Monster Hunter in the West was Tri in both North America and Europe. I think Zack and Wiki was an interesting experiment; very creative in its approach and reinforced that Capcom innovation is alive and well here. We brought Tatsunoko vs. Capcom to the West when everyone said it wouldn't come. We proved them wrong and it was modestly successful.

I'm not disappointed with our Wii output at all.

...but actions speak louder than words, and if RE6 actually isn't on Wii U this year, we'll know that Capcom has learned absolutely nothing. Well, we'll see come September.

tenchir

I can't see that happening, as much as I reckon UTablet would work just nice with maps and inventory..

Well, they could still recycle Dragon's dogma's graphic engine, but seeing how MH3G has sold much better than they expected, they'll stick with 3DS not to split the userbase.

If there is a version of MH4 for the Wii U and it can be played locally/online with the 3DS version, then you wouldn't be splitting the base. It will satisfied a lot of their bases, people who wants HD version of MH and people who want to play on the go.

Diablos54

Until we get MH 3DS, I couldn't give a fuck what Sven has to say because it's most likely bullshit. Prove me wrong, Capcom!

They've been very supportive with 3DS. I wouldn't be shocked if they have prepared some surprises for Wii U.

Good point, but to develop a full-fledged WiiU game would cost way more than any MH3G or Resident evil revelations, and they would need to sell much better to break even, so I'd not hold my breath.

Top Bottom