• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Fantasy Football Paypal League(s) - Season 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloudy

Banned
I'm not sure Yahoo has anything like that but lemme check

edit: There's no draft pick trades as far as I can see

UberTag

So are we gunna do the pre determine draft order stuff?
I'd rather let the system do it tbh
Those don't have to be mutually exclusive things.

You could let draft order be determined by a random generator (even on Yahoo! by creating a fake league with our teams) and just do that step before Draft Day so the draft order is BOTH random AND still pre-determined beforehand.

Puddles

Banned
I'm pretty sure the Economy League will have draft order known at least a few days ahead of time with the option to trade draft picks. That's assuming we get enough players! There's still room for four more. Frankman, you should join.

I'm pretty sure the Economy League will have draft order known at least a few days ahead of time with the option to trade draft picks. That's assuming we get enough players! There's still room for four more. Frankman, you should join.
Who's in the League, can you post a list of all the members/scoring settings? I'm trying to decide whether I should do a Yahoo! Pro20 League or the Economy League.

I'll give you an answer tonight/tomorrow.

Puddles

Banned
Who's in the League, can you post a list of all the members/scoring settings? I'm trying to decide whether I should do a Yahoo! Pro20 League or the Economy League.

I'll give you an answer tonight/tomorrow.

So far we have:

Puddles of Win
The Sexy Rexs
NJ Muscle
Good As Gould
The Machine
TD's N' Beer
Knights of Mars
Locker2SB

Scoring:

Passing Yards 25 yards per point; 1 points at 250 yards; 2 points at 300 yards; 4 points at 400 yards
Passing Touchdowns 4
Interceptions -1
Rushing Yards 10 yards per point; 1 points at 100 yards; 2 points at 150 yards; 4 points at 200 yards
Rushing Touchdowns 6
Reception Yards 10 yards per point; 1 points at 100 yards; 2 points at 150 yards; 4 points at 200 yards
Reception Touchdowns 6
Return Yards 30 yards per point
Return Touchdowns 6
2-Point Conversions 2
Fumbles Lost -2
Offensive Fumble Return TD 6
Pick Sixes Thrown -.25

Defense/Special Teams
Sack 1
Interception 2
Fumble Recovery 2
Touchdown 6
Safety 2
Block Kick 2
Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns 6
Points Allowed 0 points 10
Points Allowed 1-6 points 7
Points Allowed 7-13 points 4
Points Allowed 14-20 points 1
Points Allowed 21-27 points 0
Points Allowed 28-34 points -2
Points Allowed 35+ points -5
Three and Outs Forced .2

Also, you can trade draft picks. We're still looking for four more players, or two more at the absolute minimum.

Puddles

Banned
The Economy League is open to anyone who wants in at this point.

League ID: 531785
Password:
neogaf

If that doesn't work, PM me.

Once we have 12, I'll send out a message about payment information and locking down the draft order.

Right now the draft is set for Monday, Sep 3rd at 7:30 pm PST.

Puddles

Banned
Just tried to join the economy league, looks like its full?

No, it's just counting the four owners from last year who got invitations, but didn't join.

Send me a PM with your email address (the one that is tied to your yahoo account) and I'll fix this.

Wow. Never did a Bonus Points League before.

I remember in Season 3 I kinda made a verbal commitment, so I'll follow through. I'll join the league, just 2 more questions:

Are the waivers rules the same as the No Quitters 4 League? Snake draft also?

UberTag

Wow. Never did a Bonus Points League before.

I remember in Season 3 I kinda made a verbal commitment, so I'll follow through. I'll join the league, just 2 more questions:

Are the waivers rules the same as the No Quitters 4 League? Snake draft also?
I was going to bypass the Economy League this year but seeing how The Frankman is signing up I couldn't help renewing for a second go at it.

Plus, I'll have all of Labor Day to prep for the draft.

Waiver rules employ the super awesome FAAB ruleset. Simply the best waiver system around. Spend your $100 wisely.

Puddles

Banned
Okay, 10 players are in, and once acksman joins, that's 11.

I manually removed everyone who hadn't accepted my invitation, so the last person to join shouldn't get a "League is full" error.

One more spot, $10 buy-in! Yahoo League ID# 531785. Password
neogaf

Draft is Monday Sep 3, 7:30PM PDT.

Edit: Yes, it's a snake draft. I want to set the draft order early and allow for draft pick trades.

UberTag

Edit: Yes, it's a snake draft. I want to set the draft order early and allow for draft pick trades.
Will they be individual pick trades or merely draft slot trades?

In other words, if I'm slated to draft 10th through 12th but don't want Gronkowski or Graham, I would try to trade my draft slot to someone with an early pick who will have no chance at landing either one of them and loves those TEs. Or will this be a case of trading like a 4th round and a 5th round pick for an extra pick in the 2nd?

Puddles

Banned
Will they be individual pick trades or merely draft slot trades?

In other words, if I'm slated to draft 10th through 12th but don't want Gronkowski or Graham, I would try to trade my draft slot to someone with an early pick who will have no chance at landing either one of them and loves those TEs. Or will this be a case of trading like a 4th round and a 5th round pick for an extra pick in the 2nd?

Let me research that and get back to you. I actually haven't been in a league that allowed draft pick/slot trades yet, so I'm not sure.

I signed up for Economy just now. 11th team plus the one reserved makes 12 and it's closed now?

How do I pay and what are the payouts?

Puddles

Banned
I signed up for Economy just now. 11th team plus the one reserved makes 12 and it's closed now?

How do I pay and what are the payouts?

80-30-10. 4 team playoff for now, but I might change that to 6 teams with the top 2 seeds getting 1st round byes.

And yeah, if you're in, and if acksman is in, then we have our 12. I'll send out paypal info tomorrow.

80-30-10. 4 team playoff for now, but I might change that to 6 teams with the top 2 seeds getting 1st round byes.

And yeah, if you're in, and if acksman is in, then we have our 12. I'll send out paypal info tomorrow.

6 teams would keep it competitive so teams don't go belly-up when they're at 500 or below. 4 teams seems a bit more traditional though. Letting half the field in the playoffs doesn't seem right.

Puddles

Banned
6 teams would keep it competitive so teams don't go belly-up when they're at 500 or below. 4 teams seems a bit more traditional though. Letting half the field in the playoffs doesn't seem right.

Most 16 teamers I've been a part of had 8 playoff spots.

Once all 12 are in and confirmed, I'll send out a message and put it up for a vote. That's something that we don't need to finalize just yet, and we have almost two weeks until draft day.

I was going to bypass the Economy League this year but seeing how The Frankman is signing up I couldn't help renewing for a second go at it.
tumblr_lxw28uj8KO1rnq3i2o1_500.gif

Most 16 teamers I've been a part of had 8 playoff spots.

Once all 12 are in and confirmed, I'll send out a message and put it up for a vote. That's something that we don't need to finalize just yet, and we have almost two weeks until draft day.

Ok.

I just signed up to PayPal. Waiting 2-3 days for the confirmation process to complete and I'm good to go.

Can we get a database of who's who in the league? I'll start.

ErasureAcer-Stompers

NeoGAF Economy League
Puddles of Win - Puddles

The Sexy Rexs - Fox318

Long Island Broskis - Ubertag

The Book Of Eli - The Frankman

NJ Muscle - NJ Shlice

Romo Wittenhispants#2 - acksman

Stompers - ErasureAcer

Good As Gould - rinker

The Machine - Machine

TD's N' Beer - minx88

Knights of Mars - TheApatheticOne

Locker2SB - greepoman

acksman

I'm in 6 Fantasy leagues this year, I need help. At least all of them are yahoo leagues except for the pesky Fleaflicker league (work one).

I think the Economy league will be the most challenging, neve played in a setup like this before.

I'm in 6 Fantasy leagues this year, I need help. At least all of them are yahoo leagues except for the pesky Fleaflicker league (work one).

I think the Economy league will be the most challenging
, neve played in a setup like this before.
In what manner? It looks the same as the NQ4, only difference is FAAB (which I admit is a rather big change) and the Bonus points... which isn't something you can game plan for/around.

Fun Fact: Those six League you're in are more than I've ever done total.

Puddles

Banned
I tried to set the bonus point thresholds pretty high. Good games by your starters will still only get you one extra point. It takes a phenomenal game (200 yards rushing or receiving, 400 yards passing) to get you the maximum 4 points, which I might lower to 3

Re: draft pick trades. From what I'm reading, it looks like the system allows you to offer specific draft pick packages, i.e. a 3rd and a 4th for an extra pick in the 2nd, and stuff like that.

UberTag

I think the Economy league will be the most challenging, neve played in a setup like this before.
Every year I tell myself I'll cut back and then I wind up breaking my own personal record for fantasy leagues in the final week of August. I think I have a problem. :(

I'm back up to 4 right now. Plan on joining one of the Weekend Confirmed leagues if possible on Friday to get up to 5. And depending on how much money I have left over after Fan Expo this weekend I may attempt to join a 6th (which would be a new personal high).

Ah, Uber, you were going to join the WC league too? I was until he set the draft date to the same time as my keeper league. Now gotta wait and see.

cloudy how are we doing on buyins? I plan on doing mine soon but the big layoff yesterday kinda wrecked my day. I'm still in though

UberTag

Ah, Uber, you were going to join the WC league too? I was until he set the draft date to the same time as my keeper league. Now gotta wait and see.
Not doing the WC league. Was expecting them to announce details on their podcast but it turns out they went the Facebook route instead and filled all their slots as of yesterday.

PayPal confirmation only took a day. Just sent my $10 in. Looks like it takes another 3-5 days for my eCheck to clear though. Sent it as a "Gift" as I guess that's how you avoid the fees.

Not doing the WC league. Was expecting them to announce details on their podcast but it turns out they went the Facebook route instead and filled all their slots as of yesterday.

I didn't hear anything about that. Garnett pm'ed me this morning to offer up a slot...

UberTag

I have alot more free time this year (and a spare laptop :D) so expect a return of The NeoGAF Fantasy Football Paypal League OT!!!

Would be nice if I can find a dang graphic for it, the ones I used in the past are gone...
Can you get cracking on this OT, Frankman?
The natives in the NFL thread are getting restless at all of the fantasy football chatter people keep posting in there.

Can you get cracking on this OT, Frankman?
The natives in the NFL thread are getting restless at all of the fantasy football chatter people keep posting in there.
... The OT is just the name I use for the writeups, it's the same name Fox uses for its Sunday Night postgame show. By "return" I meant doing the wites of the FF day. I wasn't making a new thread, that defeats the purpose of this one.

Also, you can tell the natives in the NFL thread that if it bugs them so much to kindly prostrate themselves sexually to a rolled up GQ magazine w/ Tom Brady on the cover.

UberTag

... The OT is just the name I use for the writeups, it's the same name Fox uses for its Sunday Night postgame show. By "return" I meant doing the wites of the FF day. I wasn't making a new thread, that defeats the purpose of this one.
Not exactly. We've had a separate fantasy football discussion thread the past three seasons for the sole reason that people will invariably want to discuss free agent pickup & drafting scenarios pertaining to their own non-NeoGAF leagues and by discussing them in here you invariably risk tainting the GAF leagues while we use this thread to talk trash and discuss moves/results after they take place.

Would I love to give draft advice or to discuss their lineups right now? Sure!
Will I do it in this thread prior to draft day? Hell no.
Will I discuss hot free agent pickups before our waiver date? Hell no.
Will I recommend start/sit decisions in a realm where it could impact my matchup in one of my GAF leagues? Hell no.

Will I do these things in another thread dedicated to fantasy football for leagues I'm not in? Certainly. The NFL community thread would be fine for this purpose, IMO... EXCEPT for the fact that they loathe fantasy discussion there. In fact, they get pissed off if you actually discuss the game of football.

I suppose I may need to start this one myself then.

Puddles

Banned
Isn't it mainly eznark who gets pissed if you talk fantasy in the NFL thread? I wouldn't worry too much about pissing him off.

Cloudy

Banned
cloudy how are we doing on buyins?

Paypal. Same address as usual. Sorry to hear about the layoff, man :\

PS: Guys, I've been spending every free second I have playing Sleeping Dogs so that's why I've been posting less lol

I see we have 3 divisions for Economy. I only play one division foe twice though. While I play 2 other different division foes twice. Is there a way to change it so I play all the people in my division twice and everyone else once? That would make the most sense since division winners get an automatic slot in the playoffs.

I'm in the Pony division...haha. Never seen the show.

Just noticed we don't have a kicker spot in our league.

Anyhow. I've done a couple of mock drafts today at yahoo. Got slot 5 and slot 6. Ended up with two entirely different teams.

Of course I'm in Ubertag's Division.

OF. FUCKING. COURSE.

That's it. I'm the Giants and you the Cowboys Ubertag.
Not exactly. We've had a separate fantasy football discussion thread the past three seasons for the sole reason that people will invariably want to discuss free agent pickup & drafting scenarios pertaining to their own non-NeoGAF leagues and by discussing them in here you invariably risk tainting the GAF leagues while we use this thread to talk trash and discuss moves/results after they take place.

Would I love to give draft advice or to discuss their lineups right now? Sure!
Will I do it in this thread prior to draft day? Hell no.
Will I discuss hot free agent pickups before our waiver date? Hell no.
Will I recommend start/sit decisions in a realm where it could impact my matchup in one of my GAF leagues? Hell no.

Will I do these things in another thread dedicated to fantasy football for leagues I'm not in? Certainly. The NFL community thread would be fine for this purpose, IMO... EXCEPT for the fact that they loathe fantasy discussion there. In fact, they get pissed off if you actually discuss the game of football.

I suppose I may need to start this one myself then
Trust me, the fact that they loathe discussion is why the NFL thread is the best place. Do you know how many FF players are actually IN NFL-GAF?

me - Vet
you (but I only started seeing you last year)
Crazymoogle - Vet
Cloudy RARELY posts there
rinker - but not a ton
AlteredBeast - see rinker
Azwethinkweiz - see AlteredBeast

And lets' not bring up the Shirtless FF League, half of those guys are new to Fantasy Football. So, would you rather post in an area where your opponents hardly ever visits outside of Gameday, or a thread dedicated solely to FF where I can spy previous pages and track down your question anyway?

Trust me Ubertag, this question is asked by me and others every year. And every year the best place is the NFL thread. My questions get answered, I answer others and eznark shoots more deer:

ibekvTk2cqgIPe.png

Everyone is happy.

Puddles

Banned
Of course I'm in Ubertag's Division.

OF. FUCKING. COURSE.

That may or may not have been intentional. ;)

Looks like 6 teams get in the playoffs now in Economy league. One less week of the regular season.

Yeah, I wanted to keep the season interesting for longer. If only 4 get in and 8 go home, some teams are basically eliminated by Week 4.

The question is whether we want to have the playoffs take place during Weeks 14, 15 and 16, or during Weeks 15, 16, and 17. I lean towards the former because of how many playoff teams rest their starters during Week 17. For instance, Aaron Rodgers is almost certain not to play during Week 17, and that wouldn't be fair to a Rodgers owner who rode him to the championship game.

Yeah, I wanted to keep the season interesting for longer. If only 4 get in and 8 go home, some teams are basically eliminated by Week 4.

The question is whether we want to have the playoffs take place during Weeks 14, 15 and 16, or during Weeks 15, 16, and 17. I lean towards the former because of how many playoff teams rest their starters during Week 17. For instance, Aaron Rodgers is almost certain not to play during Week 17, and that wouldn't be fair to a Rodgers owner who rode him to the championship game.

Yeah, leave it the way it is. 14, 15, 16. I'll get my $80 quicker that way. =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom