• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
The Promethean units are "salvaged" Flood victims. The Didact is also infected by the Flood and has his transformation suspended by the Composer.

Guess Cortana is rather antsy about letting a a live Flood contamination off the planet.

Risen

Objective needs love, you only need to take a look at the population of Team Objective in Reach at the moment to assert that.

Let the peoples at 343i give it the love it needs, be a little open to change--less skeptical ;)

It's gunn b k.

See... I am completely open to change... in fact wild change depending on how it's implemented. Being anything else would be against true innovation, which I'm not. But honestly, based on what's been released, there's plenty of reason for me to be skeptical... pessimistic even, about how things are going to play.

Take CTF in Halo... I actually enjoyed Speed Flag. It was fast paced, but was tarnished by armor ability use while having the flag. It is particularly a problem in a game with traditionally slower kill times when compared to other shooters.

However, I didn't think it played better than default CTF with flag juggling, for competitive play. Having no marker over your head, but very slow movement when holding the flag, juxtaposed against a marker for the flag when flag juggling, while moving much faster, created a more nuanced game play and genuinely created on the fly strategic moments that went beyond "grab the flag and run it back".

Now... if there is an innovative way to give the same resultant experience... I'm all for it... but I don't know how much optimism I have based on other design decisions for default game play shown in videos thus far.

Shooting alone while carrying the flag doesn't solve the equation for me.

I'm excited to see what is revealed though.

Got accepted into the XBL Beta and new Halo 4 footage is about to flood our faces! AND it's only Friday!

we-so-excited.gif

The Promethean units are "salvaged" Flood victims. The Didact is also infected by the Flood and has his transformation suspended by the Composer.

Guess Cortana is rather antsy about letting a a live Flood contamination off the planet.

Whoa, what? Where are you getting this from?

...even though it does make perfect sense. Cortana's impending rampancy would be a great parallel to 343 Guilty Spark's; he seemed by-the-book and chatty initially only to reveal just how crazy all those years of isolation made him when the threat of a Flood outbreak came into the picture. Does this mean Cortana's gonna get repulsor fields and laser beams too?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
This is pure speculation/trolling. Its been stated the flood won't be in the game.

You think I of all people would be trolling about fiction?

You won't be fighting the Flood. I never said you would be. A half-Flood infected Didact doesn't really count as Flood.

Gray Man

Banned
You think I of all people would be trolling about fiction?

You won't be fighting the Flood. I never said you would be. A half-Flood infected Didact doesn't really count as Flood.

I don't know, I just don't want to accept that we will be fighting AGAINST the
Diadact

How on earth would the Diadact be half infected with the flood?

Sai-kun

Banned
We could achieve world peace if every world leader could watch buzzed sai and drunkfu talk to each other.

Broest of bros.

Bros to the end! Hahaha. The tequila + mojito was just the right amount of buzzed for me. Dinner was also super delicious.

Off to the convention center now!

The first post was about the progression system, common sense told me I didn't need to mention that in a reply.
Learn to accept responsibility for your own mistakes. It's not anyone else's fault for reading what you incorrectly write. And you reiterated your claim to TrueSkill's inadequacy at skill ranking multiple times (despite the fact that this is its entire and sole purpose) in specific replies to specific rebuttals. TrueSkill. By name. If there's an onus to step up comprehension, it's not on us.

B wzy

Neo Member
Pretty pumped for PaxGaf impressions and new info! I have to get a serious Halo fix before I head out on my 100 mile hike tomorrow.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I don't know, I just don't want to accept that we will be fighting AGAINST the
Diadact

How on earth would the Diadact be half infected with the flood?

Remember, there are now two Didacts and one of them is assumed dead, injured and forgotten on some Flood infected world as of the end of Primordium.

And the Composer has been shown to be to retard Flood infection - literally halting the transformation. It can't stop it or reverse it but it can halt it.

The Composer also has this nifty ability to transfer the conciousness of living being into machines, like Guilty Spark.

Remember, there are now two Didacts and one of them is assumed dead, injured and forgotten on some Flood infected world as of the end of Primordium.

And the Composer has been shown to be to retard Flood infection - literally halting the transformation. It can't stop it or reverse it but it can halt it.

The Composer also has this nifty ability to transfer the conciousness of living being into machines, like Guilty Spark.

Maybe the Requiem robo-ball thing is really just Didact put into a giant forerunner beach ball.

Gray Man

Banned

This is true, but remember we also don't know where the Maser Builder is. It was just be so tragic having him turn evil, I suppose everything with Born, and the Didact is sort of tragic in my eyes at least.

What if its Didact vs Didact :p

more importantly why the fuck is everyone on requiem :p

raindoc

This. If I remember the ending of Primordium correctly,
wasn't it Chakas that got infected with the flood
, NOT the Didact?

yes, but Primordium also reveals that
the Composer can stop a flood infection, as well as turn "organics" into AIs (Chakas -> 343 Guilty Spark)
and the summary given for the 3rd G.Bear book, "Silentium", reveals that
the original, Ur-Didact was marooned on a Flood infested world

Tawpgun

Dani is there a good run down of primordium on FUD? I own it and read it but apparently retained none of this information. I probably got insanely bored and skimmed.

Ramirez

*burns copy of Primordium*

C'mon guys.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Dani is there a good run down of primordium on FUD? I own it and read it but apparently retained none of this information. I probably got insanely bored and skimmed.

Like a full summary of the book? No.

This article series takes a look at the possible identities of the Halo bad guy (before it was pretty much confirmed it was Didact). It contains a lot of explanations and summaries from Primordium and looks at The Composer, Didact, Master Builder and more.

However there will be a full run down of both Cryptum and Primordium, and Glasslands and The Thursday War (eventually) in a few weeks time.

Top Bottom