• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii3: Premature Wii-ton Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amir0x

Banned
wii3.jpg

~thanks to radioheadrule83 for the image~

EVENT INFO

Wii_english_email_invite1589.jpg

This is the megaton event for anyone interested in what the Wii has to offer - it's almost certain that we will get at least some the following info out of this event:

● Price
● Release Date
● Launch Games
● WiiConnect24 Info
● Some New Games
● Hands-on impressions of the latest

This is NOT a speculation thread anymore... we're at critical mass, a little under 23 hours to go until the apocalypse. If you like to continue to speculate/etc, please contribute to koam's awesome thread. koam also contributed most of the healthy info we have so far from the original thread. Thank you, koam sir.

TIME

Thanks again to koam for setting this up nice and neatly -

Japan Event first:
9:00PM (Wednesday) - 3:00AM (Thursday) EDT
6:00PM (Wednesday) - 12:00PM (Wednesday) PDT
2:00AM (Thursday) - 8:00AM (Thursday) GMT/UTC
3:00AM (Thursday) - 9:00AM (Thursday) BST
10:00AM (Thursday) - 4:00PM (Thursday) Japan Time

US Event comes second:
10:00AM (Thursday) - 4:00PM (Thursday) EDT
7:00AM (Thursday) - 1:00PM (Thursday) PDT
2:00PM (Thursday) - 8:00PM (Thursday) GMT/UTC
3:00PM (Thursday) - 9:00PM (Thursday) BST
11:00PM (Thursday) - 5:00AM (Friday) Japan Time

Finally the Europe event comes third:
8:00AM (Friday) - 2:00PM (Friday) EDT
5:00AM (Friday) - 11:00AM (Friday) PDT
11:00AM (Friday) - 5:00PM (Friday) GMT/UTC
12:00PM (Friday) - 6:00PM (Friday) BST
10:00PM (Friday) - 4:00AM (Saturday) Japan Time

For an explanation on what each abbreviation means, go here. For exact to the second on when to start pissing your pants in anticipation of those final seconds, please visit this convenient thursdayton link.

EVENT NEWS

Here will be where you can come back to see what was revealed. It will be updated periodically during the event, so check back and see. For a convenient direct link for your notepad, click here.

Wii SYSTEM LAUNCH DETAILS

●
●
●
●
●
●

Wii GAMES LAUNCH DETAILS

●
●
●
●
●
●
●

Wii VIRTUAL CONSOLE

● Thanks to ESRB, the first set of confirmed SEGA games (not called Sonic) for the Virtual Console have been revealed. (1)
● 1up podcast revealed that Hudson is working on at least 30 Virtual console games for the Wii. (1, 2, 3)

AND EVERYTHING ELSE

● A brand new batch of Sonic Wild Fire screens. Looks like they got a far better direction going on then that other Sonic game. (1)
● The first details on Tamagotchi Wii have been revealed - it's, like, a board game and you must become president of the planet. Or something. (1)
● Thanks to IGN, we have a brand new video of Rayman Raving Rabbids. (1)

CONCLUSION

This is it bitches. Let's try to keep this thread civil (until the megaton is either good or bad of course), and remember this thread is for the sane side of the Wii Event discussion.

Wollan

I'm going to load up on chips and soda today. Getting ready for NeoGAF break down.

Edit: Great thread Amir0x.

There is a reason NeoGAF is the most famous forum in all of gaming, its cause of posts like this (and NPD numbers :p ), excellent job.

MrDaravon

I'll be staying up late and catching it tommorrow night (I'm EST). Also if this thread is not for speculation, what are we supposed to do with this for the next 24 hours? >_>

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
citrus lump said:
A new Wii thread!!

Quick, fill it full of baseless speculation, weird photoshops, pandas, and crazy ass predictions.:)
Don't forget PedoBear.

I Predict that This event will be a dissappointment to anyone expecting more than just launch info and general hype. If there's any secrets left, I doubt they're of much interest.

The invitation implies that Nintendo is inviting many people from outside the usual confines of the industry. I doubt they'd spend much time revealing new games to those that are unfamiliar with the console in the first place.

A lot of stuff we already guessed will be confirmed and launch details will be ironed out.

That being said, I can't believe Zelda is finally on the horizon and I can't wait to hear about the new control scheme.

My main wish is not to get more games announced (although, you know, go for it Nintendo) but give me some MEDIA. Does Super Mario Galaxy need to have one shitty screenshot and about 30 seconds of official video?

pitt_norton

Ahhh! The Japan Conference!

A 10am start in Japan will be an 11am start in Australia...

It's almost like I'm there... but in front of my computer... reading updates on GAF... I'll be awake though... don't have to sleep...

... I'll be quiet now.

The Eatable Arab said:
This event is gonna deliver no matter what unless it's $599.99 and Spring 07.

OH it would still deliver if that happened. But I do believe that every single Nintendo Coat would be put into the closet.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
pitt_norton said:
Ahhh! The Japan Conference!

A 10am start in Japan will be an 11am start in Australia...

It's almost like I'm there... but in front of my computer... reading updates on GAF... I'll be awake though... don't have to sleep...

... I'll be quiet now.

For you perhaps, it starts at 9am here, just when Im driving to work :(

ant1532

Banned
Nice thread as usual Amir0x. But just so you know the meeting for the US even actually starts around 8:30am EST.
There's a meet and greet starting at 8:30 a.m. EST and then the press conference gets underway at 9 a.m. or so. Press conferences are never exactly on time so give or take a half hour on those times.

According to the press release from 10 a.m. on we'll be playing Wii games.

can't wait for the drama following the announcement that Super Paper Mario is a Wii launch title and that you'll have to turn the wiimote to change dimensions

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
Great, so im going to have to wade through 20 pages of shit first before i get to any information from the event?

Lock this shit down.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
So, like, is this a six hour CONFERENCE or so? Or is it an event more like Apple's WWDC with a keynote and then seminars and stuff?

Cause the conference being that long would be agonizing.

Y2Kevbug11 said:
So, like, is this a six hour CONFERENCE or so? Or is it an event more like Apple's WWDC with a keynote and then seminars and stuff?

Cause the conference being that long would be agonizing.

fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuundred........errr....shhh. Must not hurt Ami's thread.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
The Black Brad Pitt said:
Great, so im going to have to wade through 20 pages of shit first before i get to any information from the event?

Lock this shit down.
^^ yep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom