• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Screen Shot Thread (56k no)

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Super Smash Brothers Brawl

From the E3 Video (pardon the borders)

ssbb1.jpg

ssbb2.jpg

ssbb3.jpg

ssbb4.jpg

ssbb5.jpg

ssbb6.jpg

ssbb7.jpg

ssbb8.jpg

ssbb9.jpg

ssbb10.jpg

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Sonic: Secret of the Rings

Taken off-screen from recent Wii Event video. As always, pardon the borders, but moreover, pardon the blur. This game simply must be seen to believed. The speed is unreal, and while framerates look a little choppy at this point, the draw distance is unbelievable. This game looks so good in motion its scary. Check out the part with all the water and dinosaurs if possible.

sonic1.jpg

sonic2.jpg

sonic3.jpg

sonic4.jpg

sonic5.jpg

sonic6.jpg

sonic7.jpg

sonic8.jpg

sonic9.jpg

sonic10.jpg

sonic11.jpg

sonic12.jpg

sonic13.jpg

sonic14.jpg

sonic15.jpg

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Taken off-screen from recent Wii Event video. As always, pardon the borders, but moreover, pardon the blur because its in motion. Shockingly good. The video shows a very tight control with the camera panning very quickly with the gun/arm. By far the best thing about this would be the particle effects on almost everything. Every shot, every enemy, every action comes with a nice glow/sparks/halo of smoke and gives the whole thing a nice atmosphere.

This is gonna be huge.

metroid1.jpg

metroid2.jpg

metroid3.jpg

metroid4.jpg

metroid5.jpg

metroid6.jpg

metroid7.jpg

metroid8.jpg

metroid9.jpg

metroid10.jpg

metroid11.jpg

metroid12.jpg

metroid13.jpg

metroid14.jpg

metroid15.jpg

Yeah. It's widescreen. ;)

F*ck!!

Mario looks fantastic. The lighting is amazing and the animation and attention to detail makes it look like almost like a Pixar flick.

MP3 looks ace also. The detail doesn't seem like a huge leap from the GC editions, but the effects are impressive and its not as though the other titles weren't among the best looking from last gen. Gfx aside, I'm sure the game itself is going to be fantastic.

Zelda gets the same treatment as MP3..the obvious GC influence lingers, but I remember seeing the GC shots a year ago thinking that it was perhaps the best looking game (art and detail included) I'd ever seen. Certainly the best from last gen. If the sparks and lighting equal Mario's quality, the game is sure to dazzle. And it certainly appears to be chock full of classic Zelda gameplay goodness.

Excite Truck looks like pure fun. It reminds me of golden-age era AM2 racers. Bright colors and sharp polys, and the lens flare and incredible draw distance coupled with that Burnout style blur makes for an extremely appealing looking game. Perhaps my most anticipated of the bunch.

I feel the same way about Sonic that I do about Excite Truck. Dazzling environments, and great use of color and sense of speed give me the sense that this could be the truest Sonic experience since the franchise went 3D. The textures on some of the grabs look less than stellar, but I have a feeling that for the speedier areas they used lower resolution textures to focus on the bg's (that will remain in focus despite the crawl of the nearby scenery), and that the slower moving sections will recieve the more detailed treatment. Regardless, it looks FUN, which is usually the most important thing.

Wii Sports, though simple, looks highly amusing and appears to be the perfect product to introduce and warm up the consumer to the functionality of the controller. Multiplayer fun for sure.

Call of Duty looked might impressive as well. You can clearly tell that you probably could not achieve that level of visual quality on previous gen hardware. And the potential of FPS gameplay (particularly the duck/cover and zoom mechanics) with the Wii controller is amazing. Could replace mouse play as the preffered method of controlling FPS's.

In all, I'm just incredibly psyched for the whole thing. Even Tony Hawk, despite my initial level of disappointment, looks like it could be a lot of fun. I really can't wait to get my hands on the system and give some of these titles a spin. Just the fact that Mario, Zelda, AND Metroid are all landing within the launch window is amazing to me. Unprecedented in Nintendo's history if memory serves, and particularly gratifying after the GC launch featured none of the companies greatest franchises at launch. I can't frikkin wait!

AdamBot

Wow, those Metroid captures really do not do the game justice at all. The hi-res videos on IGN are amazing.

Edit:

The Mario shots still look great though.

I showed my wife the Zelda and Mario footage and she didn't believe me at first that it was real gameplay, I had to convince her it wasn't a cutscene. (Then again, she's used to playing nothing but Harvest Moon and OoT.)

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
AdamBot said:
Wow, those Metroid captures really do not do the game justice at all. The hi-res videos on IGN are amazing.

Edit:

The Mario shots still look great though.

I showed my wife the Zelda and Mario footage and she didn't believe me at first that it was real gameplay, I had to convince her it wasn't a cutscene.

yeah--it was damn near impossible to get a still shot from the high res video. i think it was because it had the expert-level control on. if you can get some better shots, feel free to post what you can get.

and yeah, SMG is ****ing breathtaking. It's like being able to live out The Little Prince exactly as it was imagined (sans the political subcontext). Too bad that it's not a launch game.

AdamBot

PantherLotus said:
yeah--it was damn near impossible to get a still shot from the high res video. i think it was because it had the expert-level control on. if you can get some better shots, feel free to post what you can get.

and yeah, SMG is ****ing breathtaking. It's like being able to live out The Little Prince exactly as it was imagined (sans the political subcontext). Too bad that it's not a launch game.

Expert controls = must buy for me, I must say I was iffy at first on the controls.

And I was never expecting SMG for launch, I knew better than that..... Metroid however... :(

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Super Mario Galaxy and SSB2 alone are enough to make me get this system. Lets not forget the reasonable price, and fact that these games look like the most fun out of all the next get games so far.

DonasaurusRex said:
Super Mario Galaxy and SSB2 alone are enough to make me get this system. Lets not forget the reasonable price, and fact that these games look like the most fun out of all the next get games so far.

You mean SSB3 right?

Amir0x

Banned
Ned Flanders said:
Just the fact that Mario, Zelda, AND Metroid are all landing within the launch window is amazing to me.

too bad Mario and Metroid aren't landing in the launch window then huh

I would really like to see Sonic in December to hold me over :(

can't wait to win the lotto and collect them all :lol
I would love my Wii library to be the largest yet... but I'm getting married to a non-gamer
she does well enough on Mario Kart DS though

AdamBot

Smiles and Cries said:
but I'm getting married to a non-gamer

You're setting yourself up for disaster.

Unless of course Nintendo's strategy works! : D

But then... ...you'll be wearing makeup. :(

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
BWii

From a video capture. The colors and animations in this game are amazing, especially the explosions. Here are some shots to show both of these, taken in action to give a better sense of what the game will look like in motion, although still shots (as always) will never do it justice. However, shots from a video are more accurate to me than something that a developer will release as "official." Take that for what it's worth.

BWii1.jpg

BWii2.jpg

BWii3.jpg

BWii4.jpg

BWii5.jpg

BWii6.jpg

BWii7.jpg

BWii8.jpg

BWii9.jpg

BWii10.jpg

BWii11.jpg

BWii12.jpg

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Need for Speed: Carbon

Taken from a video. These are all from one drift run down one track, so they don't vary too much, but they give a great look into the game. This series always looked great on the GC and it looks to continue that tradition with a much-wanted return to night time driving. Hopefully the NFSUII mod system will be back as well.

Note: I have not seen NFSC screenshots (gameplay) ANYWHERE. Consider these a first!

NFSC1.jpg

NFSC2.jpg

NFSC3.jpg

NFSC4.jpg

NFSC5.jpg

NFSC6.jpg

NFSC7.jpg

NFSC8.jpg

NFSC9.jpg

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
temp said:
Nice work, PantherLotus.

Thanks alot. It's pretty sweet to see screenies I made off of videos appear on different sites, imperfection and all.

More screens as they become available.

PantherLotus said:
Need for Speed: Carbon

Taken from a video. These are all from one drift run down one track, so they don't vary too much, but they give a great look into the game. This series always looked great on the GC and it looks to continue that tradition with a much-wanted return to night time driving. Hopefully the NFSUII mod system will be back as well.

Note: I have not seen NFSC screenshots (gameplay) ANYWHERE. Consider these a first!

If these are taken from gamevideos.com, then I think these are probably not Wii. The video is marked (Wii, PS3, X360).

yodandy

Arent those carbon shots from the latest gameplay trailer?

Whos to say those are wii shots... :\

If they are, looks good! But i really dont think they are...

Even though the screen caps are pixelated in some areas it looks pimp! But than again..since when hasn't a NFS game look good?

yodandy said:
Arent those carbon shots from the latest gameplay trailer?

Whos to say those are wii shots... :\

If they are, looks good! But i really dont think they are...

At the moment..NFS Most Wanted can almost match up to that in some portions of the game and Im talking about the PC NFS:MW.

Sunski

Why was there such a severe lack of impressions from Last week's Wii events? They surely had all the third party "port" games at the US event like Far Cry, Monster Rally, etc etc yet NO impressions of their control schemes. The Japanese event - Domino game, cooking mama, Tamagotchi, Forever blue....anything?! Project HAMMER?

And what is with the lack of media on games like Smash Bros, Mario Party 8, Disaster etc etc

Banned
For people dissing 3rd party graphics on the Wii, you've gotta remember GameCube hardware is a whole new world to most of them, because sure as hell no one developed for that console.

Let the poor souls come to grips with the hard road of 'new gen'...

That said, just preordered Wii and CAN'T WAIT!

Mike Works said:
What would you guys rather play, 99 Nights or Zelda?

So have your debates, have your discussions, but just don't forget-

**** you guys can be dumb sometimes.

Are you surprised? Given that this is a SCREENSHOT thread, what else can we tangibly discuss but our visual impressions?

I'd say the best looking out of these screens in order would be:

1. Mario Galaxy
2. Zelda Twilight Princess
3. Metroid Prime 3
4. Sonic and the Secret Rings
5. Batallion Wars

Galaxy looks absolutely amazing and completely next-generation, as do the others (maybe Batallion Wars thanks to the explosion effects.

It really goes to show you what ghood art direction can do, and not just a big processor, some polygons, and a high-level engine

Games like these show that the Wii can indeed produce a WOW factor.

And I've never seen a more beautiful piece in a game than in Mario Galaxy when he's blasting off into the night atmosphere. It's just so freakin' JAW-DROPPING and reminds me of Disney movies of old.

Batallion Wars have naval battles now?! Sold

And why the **** are you guys *****ing to Nintendo about N64/dreamcast-looking graphics? Besides elebits it's those lazy third party developers that can't get their act together. Nintendo is at least showing what the Wii can do both gameplay and graphics wise.

Rocked

Sunski said:
Why was there such a severe lack of impressions from Last week's Wii events? They surely had all the third party "port" games at the US event like Far Cry, Monster Rally, etc etc yet NO impressions of their control schemes. The Japanese event - Domino game, cooking mama, Tamagotchi, Forever blue....anything?! Project HAMMER?

And what is with the lack of media on games like Smash Bros, Mario Party 8, Disaster etc etc

The Domino game is actually a sequel to a great 1998 Playstation game. Let's hope the Wii game gets more attention. :)

mrdominoeuropea.jpg

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
LanceStern said:
Galaxy looks absolutely amazing and completely next-generation, as do the others (maybe Batallion Wars thanks to the explosion effects.
Oh come on now. This is why people beat down the wii's graphics so much because people try to hoist them up to levels which they arent.

sangreal

do we know anything about the multiplayer aspects of Super Mario Galaxy or its final name?

I haven't really been following the Wii, but now that its almost here I'm interested

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
John Harker said:
Damn, Monkey Ball has come a long way in the last 4 months.

Agreed. There's something about Sega's palette of colors that is just very pleasing to the eye. The same can be said about the pallet for the Dragon Ball Z game and BWii as well. Perhaps it's something Nintendo is encouraging--the best looking games seem to have a very bright, primary palette of complimenting colors.

Also, note that the games with a much more brown look (Samurai, COD3, etc) tend to look very muddy and the textures bleed together and nothing looks crisp at all. Maybe there's something to this...

edit: I'll get screen caps on Heroes when I get to my home cpu.

Top Bottom