• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Screen Shot Thread (56k no)

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Wii MotorSports Airplane

Note: this is not Hudson's similar game. Taken off-screen from an E3 Demo. These aren't very good, but what I could find of this title. Perhaps I can pull something better from another video.

wii-sports-airplane-20060516021458003.jpg

wii-sports-airplane-20060516021457409.jpg

wii-sports-airplane-20060516021456847.jpg

wii-sports-airplane-20060516021456237.jpg

wii-sports-airplane-20060516021455644.jpg

wii-sports-airplane-20060516021455066.jpg

wii-sports-airplane-20060516021454472.jpg

wii-sports-airplane-20060516021453878.jpg

wii-sports-airplane-20060516021453237.jpg

wii-sports-airplane-20060516021452550.jpg

wii-sports-airplane-20060516021451691.jpg

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Wii Sports Airplane

Let's try this again. These are much better than those crappy captures above. After watching the video, one might assume that this game really is the direct successor (in part or in spirit) of PilotWings. The water looks great and it looks to be a fun game, if a bit lacking in depth.

WiiAirplane1.jpg

WiiAirplane2.jpg

WiiAirplane3.jpg

WiiAirplane4.jpg

WiiAirplane5.jpg

WiiAirplane6.jpg

WiiAirplane7.jpg

WiiAirplane8.jpg

WiiAirplane9.jpg

WiiAirplane10.jpg

WiiAirplane11.jpg

WiiAirplane12.jpg

WiiAirplane13.jpg

WiiAirplane14.jpg

WiiAirplane15.jpg

WiiAirplane16.jpg

WiiAirplane17.jpg

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Wii Play

This is the obstacle course demo from E3. The assumption is that your personal Mii can be uploaded for play in-game.

wii-obstacle-course-demo-20060516021427519.jpg

wii-obstacle-course-demo-20060516021426862.jpg

wii-obstacle-course-demo-20060516021426206.jpg

wii-obstacle-course-demo-20060516021425581.jpg

wii-obstacle-course-demo-20060516021424878.jpg

wii-obstacle-course-demo-20060516021424253.jpg

wii-obstacle-course-demo-20060516021423597.jpg

wii-obstacle-course-demo-20060516021422956.jpg

wii-obstacle-course-demo-20060516021422284.jpg

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Super Paper Mario

Any mention of this game has virtually dropped off the planet as it has quietly been pushed back into 2007. (Someone check my facts?) It should also be noted that this game was moved to the Wii and cancelled for the GC, and might have a couple upgrades when it is released. (doubt it).

These screens are from the GC build and anything on the Wii for this game would be presumably equal or better. Some would say that this has NSMB-type potential for the Wii, considering its look and throwback appearance. Hopefully it will have minimal RPG elements and will be primarily a platformer. Judging from the few videos floating around, that seems to be true. Now gimme widescreen and a 2 player option and we'll call it a generation.

These images are so striking that few can doubt their effectiveness to sell a product. The colors, the depth, the whole thing just oozes style and old-school fun. The return of 2D greatness is nigh. Welcome it with open arms and ask for forgiveness:

e3-2006-super-paper-mario-screens-and-art-20060509032944986.jpg

e3-2006-super-paper-mario-screens-and-art-20060509032944439.jpg

e3-2006-super-paper-mario-screens-and-art-20060509032943814.jpg

e3-2006-super-paper-mario-screens-and-art-20060509032943236.jpg

e3-2006-super-paper-mario-screens-and-art-20060509032942455.jpg

e3-2006-super-paper-mario-screens-and-art-20060509032941799.jpg

e3-2006-super-paper-mario-screens-and-art-20060509032940330.jpg

e3-2006-super-paper-mario-screens-and-art-20060509032939674.jpg

e3-2006-super-paper-mario-screens-and-art-20060509032938065.jpg

e3-2006-super-paper-mario-screens-and-art-20060509032937471.jpg

Btw, look for the butterfly. I think that is the pointer/wiimote-cursor. These might very well be from the Wii build of the game. Good god they'd better put this in widescreen.

Edit: considering that these screens were released long before the GC version's cancelation, the subsequent push-back of release (Released 2007), and the fairly obvious inclusion of the pointer/cursor butterfly in these screens, one might assume that this game was intended for the Wii all along, and that GameCube owners have two very valid reasons to be pissed in 2006 (Twilight Princess and SPM). Food for thought.

PantherLotus said:
Super Paper Mario

Any mention of this game has virtually dropped off the planet as it has quietly been pushed back into 2007. (Someone check my facts?) It should also be noted that this game was moved to the Wii and cancelled for the GC, and might have a couple upgrades when it is released. (doubt it).

These screens are from the GC build and anything on the Wii for this game would be presumably equal or better. Some would say that this has NSMB-type potential for the Wii, considering its look and throwback appearance. Hopefully it will have minimal RPG elements and will be primarily a platformer. Judging from the few videos floating around, that seems to be true. Now gimme widescreen and a 2 player option and we'll call it a generation.

These images are so striking that few can doubt their effectiveness to sell a product. The colors, the depth, the whole thing just oozes style and old-school fun. The return of 2D greatness is nigh. Welcome it with open arms and ask for forgiveness:

Btw, look for the butterfly. I think that is the pointer/wiimote-cursor. These might very well be from the Wii build of the game. Good god they'd better put this in widescreen.

Edit: considering that these screens were released long before the GC version's cancelation, the subsequent push-back of release (Released 2007), and the fairly obvious inclusion of the pointer/cursor butterfly in these screens, one might assume that this game was intended for the Wii all along, and that GameCube owners have two very valid reasons to be pissed in 2006 (Twilight Princess and SPM). Food for thought.

Humm. I had wondered what happened to the game

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
hey turdmuffin I think it's time you try to not quote EVERY SINGLE PICTURE in your post. That's only been requested about a dozen times in this thread.

THANKS.

Polari

I'm probably going to be mocked for this, but I love the look of the Wii Sports line. It's simple, but not ugly simple. The airplane game and Duck Hunt 2006 get particular props.

PantherLotus said:
Wii Sports Airplane

Let's try this again. These are much better than those crappy captures above. After watching the video, one might assume that this game really is the direct successor (in part or in spirit) of PilotWings. The water looks great and it looks to be a fun game, if a bit lacking in depth.

Why not just make a new pilot wings?

:( Its like everyones asking for a new pilot wings, and Kid Icarus. But instead they just tease with crap like this.

Ah well.

japtor

unifin is right, the butterfly just follows the characters from what i remember. i think when you switch the line box originates from it, as well as menus (...which is why i dont have great hopes for it as a pure platformer).

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers

Captures from the E3 promo. Obviously FMV, but this shows the potential for porting remakes for FF 1-6 to the Wii? Hope so. It would be freaking awesome, that's for sure.

FFCC1.jpg

FFCC2.jpg

FFCC3.jpg

FFCC4.jpg

FFCC5.jpg

FFCC6.jpg

FFCC7.jpg

FFCC8.jpg

FFCC9.jpg

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
gamergirly said:
I said sorry. But some ARE on a slow connection here.....

It has only a portion to do with people's connections, and a majority of basic forum-posting consideration. It's a screenie thread. They're all like this. Pick a shot to talk about and move on.

I think everyone is getting frustrated because somebody insists on doing it EVERY PAGE. Let's learn from this and hopefully we can keep a great thread a great thread.

More shots as I find/capture them.

adg1034

Well, from what I've found, as your browser loads the images, it realizes that the original image and the quoted image are the same, so it brings them "both" in at the same time. Maybe it's just Firefox, but just quoting the text is still a good lesson.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
japtor said:
unifin is right, the butterfly just follows the characters from what i remember. i think when you switch the line box originates from it, as well as menus (...which is why i dont have great hopes for it as a pure platformer).

That's disappointing. I also have read that Mario's power up in this game is to take a normal level and play it in 3D (as some of those screens obviously suggest). Hopefully Nintendo will listen to their audience (and their ungodly sales of NSMB), and their feedback from SMS' throwback levels, and make this about pure sweet miyamoto platforming. Please almighty of 2d goodness do not make me stop the action of this game to pick my next move. That would blow.

I still think the butterfly will be for the cursor. I could be wrong.

adg1034

No, the butterfly's not the cursor. I remember reading a preview on this back at E3 time, and while the developers wouldn't talk about what it was, I seem to recall they said it was some sort of helper thing. Besides, what good would a pointer be in a side-scrolling platformer? You could point it at where you wanted to go, and Mario could auto-jump, but where's the point in that? Also, Mario's powerup is to become huge. The 3D effect comes when you press one of the triggers (from the GC version).

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
That's what I'm saying. Everything you're quoting or refering to was before the cancellation. I'm telling you that it seems obvious to me. Again, I could be wrong but call it a hunch. You wouldn't think a cursor was needed in other games either (Legend of Zelda, Mario Galaxy, etc) but it turns out there's quite a use indeed.

I guess my whole point for bringing it up was to point out that not only was SPM cancelled for the GC, but that IT WAS NEVER INTENDED for the GC, and that all such talk was meant to encourage sales of a console that had been abandoned as early as last November. The writing is on the wall. Look how far this thing has been pushed back, and wait until we see the functionality of certain features.

As always, I could be wrong. :)

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon

I hesitate posting these because they're so bad that they don't even deserve acknolowedgement. Then again, we've come to expect it from these chumps over at Midway, but jesus hell. Can we at least TRY? Maybe we can pretend that these are from the PS2 version. Either way, this is probably close to what we'll get. Oh well, here goes:

22778_mortalkombatarm.jpg

22777_mortalkombatarm.jpg

22776_mortalkombatarm.jpg

22775_mortalkombatarm.jpg

22774_mortalkombatarm.jpg

22773_mortalkombatarm.jpg

22772_mortalkombatarm.jpg

22771_mortalkombatarm.jpg

22770_mortalkombatarm.jpg

22769_mortalkombatarm.jpg

Bah. That's all I can bear actually posting. This shit doesn't deserve more than what we've actually given. Once you've picked your eyeballs clean, just remember something along the lines of SPM, SMG, or Pangya. This shit just doesn't fly.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Harvest Moon Heroes

Aha! That's what the hell I was looking at earlier and mistakenly thought it was something else. Oh well, this could be cool. If you're into tilling. And ho-ing.

scr_003.jpg

scr_004.jpg

scr_005.jpg

scr_006.jpg

PantherLotus said:
Harvest Moon Heroes

Aha! That's what the hell I was looking at earlier and mistakenly thought it was something else. Oh well, this could be cool. If you're into tilling. And ho-ing.

scr_003.jpg

[

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3 :D :D :D :D

Please dont be like AWL, Please dont be like AWL Please dont be like AWL...

Matt

Ganondorf>Link said:
I thought Hudson's Airplane game had turned into Wing Island.
Hudson's Airplane game has always been Wing Island. We just didn't know the title or see any screenshots until recently.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Ganondorf>Link said:
I thought Hudson's Airplane game had turned into Wing Island.

That's correct. I had just forgot the name of it when I typed up the blurb for Nintendo's similar game. Thanks.

PantherLotus said:
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon

I hesitate posting these because they're so bad that they don't even deserve acknolowedgement. Then again, we've come to expect it from these chumps over at Midway, but jesus hell. Can we at least TRY? Maybe we can pretend that these are from the PS2 version. Either way, this is probably close to what we'll get. Oh well, here goes:
Those ARE from the PS2 version, or at least they're the general multiplatform screenshots Midway released. I'm on Midway's press site right now looking at them. What makes you think they're from the Wii version specifically?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Chris Remo said:
Those ARE from the PS2 version, or at least they're the general multiplatform screenshots Midway released. I'm on Midway's press site right now looking at them. What makes you think they're from the Wii version specifically?

Honestly, nothing. Do you have shots from the Wii version?

AniHawk

PantherLotus said:
If you're refering to the bar underneath the life bar, I think that might be for power moves or something, rather than a 3rd & 4th player or a tag-team type setup.

Are you blind? It's clearly a 3 on 1 battle.

PantherLotus said:

Nope, the butterfly is not a pointer.

Have you played either of the previous Paper Mario games? (not being a smartass here) In each of them Mario has helpers that follow him around and each one has different abilities - some can give you info on objects or ememies, some of them can explode, some can fly, etc.

In Super Paper Mario, these helpers return. So far we've seen them as a bomb, a butterfly, and a square. IIRC, it's been said that they actually represent power-ups for Mario. I think the square can turn into things, like a hammer, etc. Most likely these are the main three, the square is Mario's, the bomb is Bowser's, and the butterfly is Peach's.

Plus, since the Wiimote "gimmick" of Mario Galaxy is the star buddy, I don't think they'd do that again in SPM. Those little glowy buddies just follow the player around.

tedhbrown

Banned
Some of these look like those games you can download from those "OMG 1,000 FREE GAMES" websites. But I guess playing them with the wiimote and slapping on Nintendo character skins makes them worth $40.

I will never understand you people
arghbp7.gif

AniHawk

tedhbrown said:
Some of these look like those games you can download from those "OMG 1,000 FREE GAMES" websites. But I guess playing them with the wiimote and slapping on Nintendo character skins makes them worth $40.

I will never understand you people
arghbp7.gif

The only two that applies to I think are Wario Ware (which sucks as a series and I dont see why Smooth Moves will be much different) and Wii Play (which comes with a controller).

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
One Piece: Unlimited Adventure

Kinda blurry, but here are some more screens of this title. There are some scans floating around of this title as well, but I have chosen to only post official screens or captures from video where available. This game has potential, but I think this is one of those that might never see the light of day outside of Japan. I could be wrong.

733_20.jpg

733_19.jpg

733_18.jpg

733_17.jpg

733_16.jpg

733_15.jpg

733_14.jpg

733_13.jpg

733_12.jpg

733_11.jpg

733_10.jpg

733_9.jpg

733_8.jpg

733_7.jpg

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Pokemon Battle Revolution

(working title). They're small, they're old, but these look pretty good. I doubt we'll even sniff this game again until E3-07, if not later. Here goes:

775_8.jpg

775_7.jpg

775_6.jpg

775_5.jpg

775_4.jpg

775_3.jpg

775_2.jpg

775_1.jpg

Matt

PantherLotus said:
Pokemon Battle Revolution

(working title). They're small, they're old, but these look pretty good. I doubt we'll even sniff this game again until E3-07, if not later. Here goes:
Umm, Pokemon: Battle Revolution is coming out before the end of the year in Japan.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Trauma Center: Second Opinion

More official screens. I've seen 'em before, but you might not have. Ridiculously large, too. :) Perhaps they want you to remember that this is the console version! Some of these look like art, but the implication of posting them now is not only is the Wii capable of producing this, but this is what should be expected. We'll see.

trauma-center-second-opinion-20060925094616997.jpg

trauma-center-second-opinion-20060925094615591.jpg

trauma-center-second-opinion-20060925094614263.jpg

trauma-center-second-opinion-20060925094612856.jpg

trauma-center-second-opinion-20060925094611559.jpg

trauma-center-second-opinion-20060925094610231.jpg

trauma-center-second-opinion-20060925094607638.jpg

trauma-center-second-opinion-20060925094606184.jpg

Hospital Art Picture that looks really sweet but isn't in-game therefore shouldn't really even be posted.

This last one is obviously art. I should probably remove it, if only to keep the thread "pure." Nah, I'll just link it.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Could you describe what somewhat in game means please? If that hosipital pic is even slightly Wii-generated I'll post it. Otherwise...

Top Bottom