• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing New Leaf | JP Version OT |

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Im just leaving the flowers on the ground for now. Originally pulled up a bunch, but stopped.

Learned that running over them makes em go poof too. Quick lesson learned not to run around...

I seriously wish it would hurry up and become daytime since want to check the shop

StayDead

Oh and also how's your current evaluation as a mayor? I'm at 57 points right now. I guess I need to grow some flowers but I don't see them being sold anywhere... :( And I sold most of my fruit on my first day to pay for the house so I don't have any. I've also been talking with some people around town and whatnot, but still...

I'm at 83 points.

Don't forget to change the village melody and also your flag, that gives you some points.

I need 17 more damn villagers give me some tasks to do >_<

Oh and also how's your current evaluation as a mayor? I'm at 57 points right now. I guess I need to grow some flowers but I don't see them being sold anywhere... :( And I sold most of my fruit on my first day to pay for the house so I don't have any. I've also been talking with some people around town and whatnot, but still...
I noticed that selling clams gets you a good amount of cash.

Parakeetman

YEEHAW got myself a fishing rod. Apparently you can get the town hall to sell you one for 500 by constantly talking to shizue and saying you are interested in fishing, she says come back if you cant buy a pole. Talk to her again and say you cant buy one and she should sell you one then for 500.

YEEHAW got myself a fishing rod. Apparently you can get the town hall to sell you one for 500 by constantly talking to shizue and saying you are interested in fishing, she says come back if you cant buy a pole. Talk to her again and say you cant buy one and she should sell you one then for 500.
How would you do that? I don't even have an option to talk about fishing lol.

New puzzle panel in Japan

It's for Animal Crossing. Lucky bastards

We better get a more kickass AC puzzle when the game comes out in NA

Parakeetman

How would you do that? I don't even have an option to talk about fishing lol.

I just kept talking to shizue then it came up in a subject. I went through all of the potential conversation pieces as a new resident it seems. At the end she gave me a watering can as a gift.

So are the rest of you guys filling up the museum with all sorts of new items too?

I just kept talking to shizue then it came up in a subject. I went through all of the potential conversation pieces as a new resident it seems. At the end she gave me a watering can as a gift.

So are the rest of you guys filling up the museum with all sorts of new items too?
Hmm, I kinda don't remember that. But I think she gave me the lamp for my tent.. probably. As of now, I can just find her in the town hall and skip through the regular options advice, melody flag design etc., but other than that no chance. If I talk to her behind the counter she sends me back lol. I guess I missed my chance :(...

Yeah, I bring all the dinosaur bones and bugs to the museum. It's kinda fun watching how it turns slowly into a real museum lol.

Parakeetman

Yeah the lamp was the first thing she gave me. Didnt skip anything else with the conversations after that. Then the talk about like hobbies came up eventually, selected fishing as what Id be interested in and then it started from there.

StayDead

Been online with Will for the past few hours, no errors/lag. Hopefully LG trying to join now won't error us, but if it does we've saved and it's his connection if there's a problem :p

Okay, I messed with the router settings even more, I'm positive I got the right IP address for 3DS now :/
Next time should be okay...

Holy god, the influx of praise, information and energy in this thread is going to make the wait TOO DAMN LONG.

I wish they would release one of those XLs here /sadface
And I would love to play a Japanese version of the game, especially since there's furigana to help me limp along with my reading lol.

ZOMG LIVESTREAM WENT TO LISA'S /DIES

I'm at a friends's village, the connection is very solid &#9834;
He's wearing a
Fi
mask...
It was all smooth while I was at his place, then everything went to hell when he tried to visit :I

StayDead

I'm at a friends's village, the connection is very solid &#9834;
He's wearing a
Fi
mask...
It was all smooth while I was at his place, then everything went to hell when he tried to visit :I

Yeah visiting your town is really odd, it just errors for me before I even get to go there.

bumpkin

Well since the game is in people's hands now, I can pose a question... Has the gardening aspect been enhanced at all or is it still just flowers and trees (w/ fruit to shake off)?

StayDead

Well since the game is in people's hands now, I can pose a question... Has the gardening aspect been enhanced at all or is it still just flowers and trees (w/ fruit to shake off)?

There's bushes and other foliage you can use with the mayor stuff, but right now nobody really has the gardening shop yet so it's hard to tell.

Fren

Neo Member
Has anyone changed their village type yet? I just changed mine to an early-morning village, so apparently the shops open earlier and the neighbors wake up earlier.

You have to put a 20k bell down payment before Shizue will change anything, though. I hope that's just a one-time thing.

Parakeetman

Am a bit pissed off that having waited a day for the store to restock only to have a friggin net and shovel in there again.

Montresor

Lurker here. Please keep the posts coming. Reading this thread is strangely entertaining. I can't wait for this game to come out in NA.

Big thanks to the contributors of this thread. =)

BriBri

I've only got a rating of 41 from the townspeople. I'm blaming that language barrier thing! I too fell down a hole today, paid off my first 10,000 and now have a cool as hell TV which I was watching earlier this evening. Plus a pink bunny in an Orla Kiely dress has moved here!

Montresor

I've only got a rating of 41 from the townspeople. I'm blaming that language barrier thing! I too fell down a hole today, paid off my first 10,000 and now have a cool as hell TV which I was watching earlier this evening. Plus a pink bunny in an Orla Kiely dress has moved here!

You can get TVs and watch them? Oh god.

And is there still a jukebox with totakeke tunes like in the first AC? Man I remember being younger and always remembering to stop watching my Saturday night shows long enough to grab a song from him.

BriBri

You can get TVs and watch them? Oh god.

And is there still a jukebox with totakeke tunes like in the first AC? Man I remember being younger and always remembering to stop watching my Saturday night shows long enough to grab a song from him.
It was rather more repetitive than human TV but somewhat more enthralling.

And no jukebox yet. I'm holding out for an arcade machine. Now if they had a Famicom with Virtual Console games then I would officially die and go to Valhalla. Well either the Famicom or a real-life Majora's Mask remake.

Montresor

It was rather more repetitive than human TV but somewhat more enthralling.

And no jukebox yet. I'm holding out for an arcade machine. Now if they had a Famicom with Virtual Console games then I would officially die and go to Valhalla. Well either the Famicom or a real-life Majora's Mask remake.

I love the "yet" re: jukebox. I'm so pumped about free DLC. Oh and though I never played the wii AC I always was pretty understanding of no famicom or NES games. We live in the XBLA/VC/PSN era now... You can't give away games for free anymore, even NES games.

BriBri

I love the "yet" re: jukebox. I'm so pumped about free DLC. Oh and though I never played the wii AC I always was pretty understanding of no famicom or NES games. We live in the XBLA/VC/PSN era now... You can't give away games for free anymore, even NES games.
I know, but it would be amazing if they had a Famicom/NES and you could just play the games you bought but within the Animal Crossing game.

StayDead

More screenshots for today.

www.dotup.org3603809.jpg

www.dotup.org3603811.jpg

Again...

www.dotup.org3603815.jpg

Hanging with that Will guy.

www.dotup.org3603819.jpg

Second loan paid.

www.dotup.org3603820.jpg

New flag

www.dotup.org3603823.jpg

sigh X_X

Choc

Banned
do you become mayor right away in this game or have to be voted in? and how do you get the shops and malls to upgrade and unlock further areas to visit (the locked off areas)?

You can talk to Shizue in the Town Hall to change the melody, flag, etc. I'm trying to raise money now, so I can pay off that 39K loan...don't know if I should sell my minerals. Does anyone know if they have any other purpose?

I'm also at 77 points for the survey.

Parakeetman

You can talk to Shizue in the Town Hall to change the melody, flag, etc. I'm trying to raise money now, so I can pay off that 39K loan...don't know if I should sell my minerals. Does anyone know if they have any other purpose?

If you got a fishing pole keep doing that. A lot easier to make the $$$ back from fish than selling something more rare like minerals...

---

Already paid off the 39k loan from all the garbage I collected while waiting for it to become a new day. Now need to make 98k? I think for the next one. Back to dragging things out of the ocean for fun and profit! Fish from the ocean seem to be far more profitable than ones from the river. Am still emptying out the locker to sell all the stuff I had stored during the night collecting spree lol. Fish by far beat bugs in terms of just general time / profit. I just go after bugs now if I dont have one in the museum.

Looks like someone new is moving into my town! Someone named Miyabi? No idea who that is.

Currently look like Hunter S. Thompson due to this hat / aviator sunglasses I bought. Hilarious. All the better to hide my swelled face. Got owned by the Skate or Die Swarm again haha At least managed to catch 2 of em earlier.

Choc

Banned
When i sit in the mayors chair and the secretary comes to talk to me and i pop out of the seat

what is she trying to tell me to do? ive changed music and flag :)

Parakeetman

Working on a list of prices for when you sell items to the recycle shop. Will update as I remember to take notes from now on. Man giving up these more expensive "catches" sure stings lol *Edited (as in giving the first catch for free to the museum)

NOTE
Every category listed without a locational prefix is from the town area.

Necessary Tool abbreviation
H = Hands
FP = Fishing Pole
N = Net
S = Shovel
WS = Wet Suit

Fishing Water Shadow Size abbreviation
XS = Extra small
S = Small
M = Medium
L = Large
XL = Extra Large (has fin sticking out of water)
T = Thin
*Just from general observations might vary slightly

FP
Fresh Water
  1. Nishikigoi - 4,000 - L *Thanks to JohnnytheFuture for the info!
  2. Kingyo - 1,300b - XS
  3. Tanago - 900b - XS
  4. Nijimasu - 800b
  5. Black Bass - 300b - M
  6. Koi - 300b - M
  7. Yellow Perch 240b - M
  8. Ugui - 200b - M
  9. Nigoi - 200b - M
  10. Oikawa - 200b - XS
  11. Funa - 120b - S
  12. Blue Gill - 120b - S

FP
Ocean
  1. Coelacanth - 15,000b *Thanks to Lord Ghirahim for the info!
  2. Maguro - 7,000b - L
  3. Ishidai - 5,000b - M
  4. Ei - 3,000b - L
  5. Tai - 3,000b - M
  6. Chochinankou - 2,500b - M
  7. Tatsunootoshigo - 1,100b - XS
  8. Hirame - 800b - L
  9. Minokasago - 400b - M
  10. Karei - 300b - M
  11. Suzuki - 200b - L
  12. Aji - 150b - S
  13. Fugu - 125b - M

WS
Island's Deep Ocean - Diving
  1. Daiougusokumushi - 9,000b *Thanks to Mik2121 for the info!
  2. Lobster - 2,500b *Thanks to Mik2121 for the info!
  3. Kurumaebi - 1,600b *Thanks to Mik2121 for the info!
  4. Shako - 1,250b *Thanks to Mik2121 for the info!
  5. Tako - 1,200b *Thanks to Mik2121 for the info!
  6. Hotate - 1,000b *Thanks to Mik2121 for the info!
  7. Oumugai - 900b *Thanks to Mik2121 for the info!
  8. Uni - 800b *Thanks to Mik2121 for the info!
  9. Fujitsubo - 600b *Thanks to Mik2121 for the info!
  10. Chinanago - 600b *Thanks to Mik2121 for the info!
  11. Umibudou - 600b *Thanks to Mik2121 for the info!
  12. Ika - 400b *Thanks to Mik2121 for the info!
  13. Awabi - 400b *Thanks to Mik2121 for the info!
  14. Hiramushi - 200b *Thanks to Mik2121 for the info!
  15. Umiushi - 200b *Thanks to Mik2121 for the info!
  16. Wakame - 200b *Thanks to Mik2121 for the info!
  17. Hitode - 100b *Thanks to Mik2121 for the info!

FP
Island's Ocean - Shore Fishing
  1. Same - 15,000 - XL
  2. Jinbeizame - 13,000b - XL *Thanks to Mik2121 for the info!
  3. Nokogirizame - 12,000b - XL *Thanks to Mik2121 for the info!
  4. Napoleon Fish - 10,000b - L *Thanks to Mik2121 for the info!
  5. Kajiki - 10,000b - L
  6. Ryuuguunotukai - 9,000b - L
  7. Shumokuzame - 8,000b - XL
  8. Rouninaji - 4,500b L *Thanks to Mik2121 for the info!
  9. Manbou - 4,000b - XL *Thanks to Mik2121 for the info!
  10. Utsubo - 2,000b - L *Thanks to Mik2121 for the info!
  11. Nanyouhagi - 1,000b *Thanks to Mik2121 for the info!
  12. Chouchouuo - 1,000b *Thanks to Mik2121 for the info!
  13. Oumgai - 900b
  14. Kumanomi - 650b *Thanks to Mik2121 for the info!
  15. Hanahigeutsubo - 600b - T
  16. Ika - 400b - S
  17. Harisenbon - 240b - M

H
Shells / Beach Items
  1. Akoyagai no Kaigara - 1,200b
  2. Hotategai no Kaigara - 600b
  3. Oyster no Kaigara - 450b
  4. Syakogai no Kaigara - 450b
  5. Horagai no Kaigara - 350b
  6. Sango - 250b
  7. Honegai no Kaigara - 150b
  8. Ebisugai no Kaigara - 90b
  9. Sand Dollar - 60b
  10. Takaragai no Kaigara - 30b

N
Insects
  1. Hachi - 2,500b
  2. Tonosamabatta - 600b
  3. Nanafushi - 600b
  4. Kamakiri - 430b
  5. Inago - 400b
  6. Dangomushi - 250b
  7. Funamushi - 200b
  8. Shoryobatta 200b
  9. Ookabamadara - 140b
  10. Koorogi - 130b

N
Island Insects
  1. Ougononikuwagata - 12,000b
  2. Hercules Ookabuto - 12,000b
  3. Ookuwagata - 10,000b
  4. Nijiirowagata - 10,000b - *Thanks to Mik2121 for the info!
  5. Hosoakakuwagata - 8,000b
  6. Zoukabuto - 8,000b
  7. Caucasus Ookabuto - 8,000b
  8. Goliath Hanamuguri - 6,000b
  9. Alexander Ageha - 4,000b
  10. Miirotateha - 3,000b
  11. Morofuchou - 2,500b
  12. Hanakamakiri - 2,400b
  13. Tamamushi - 2,400b
  14. Nokogirikuwagata -2,000b
  15. Biwahagoromo - 1,800b
  16. Kabutomushi - 1,350b
  17. Yamamayuga - 1,200b
  18. Miyamakuwagata - 1,000b
  19. Yadokari - 1,000b
  20. Kirigirisu - 160b
  21. Koganemushi - 100b
  22. Agehachou - 100b

H
Fruits
  1. Peach - 250b
  2. Lemon - 250b
  3. Lychee - 250b
  4. Mango - 250b
  5. Coconut - 250b
  6. Durian - 250b
  7. Apple - ?b
  8. Orange - ?b
  9. Cherry - ?b
  10. Banana -250b
  11. Kaki - ?b

H
Mushrooms
  1. Rippana Kinoko - 10,000b
  2. Hosoi Kinoko - 300b
  3. Marui Kinono - 200b
  4. Hiratai Kinoko - 200b

H
Flowers
  1. Kiiro Tulip - 40b
  2. Kiiro Pansy - 40b
  3. Kiiro Cosmos - 40b
  4. Kiiro Bara - 40b
  5. Akai Bara - 40b
  6. Akai Pansy - 40b
  7. Akai Cosmos - 40b
  8. Shiroi Tulip - 40b
  9. Shiroi Bara - 40b
  10. Tanpopo - 40b
  11. Akakiiro Pansy - 80b

S
Fossils
  1. Suzukiryu no Kubi - 4,500b
  2. Apatosaurus no Karada - 4,500b
  3. Seisumosaurus no Mune - 4,500b
  4. Brontotherium no Atama - 4,500b
  5. Pakikefaro no Atama - 4,000b
  6. Anklyosaurus no Atama - 3,500b
  7. Mamos no Karada - 2,500b
  8. Parasaurorofusu no Shippo - 2,500b

S
Minerals
  1. Ruby - 2,000b
  2. Sapphire - 2,000b

H
Other
  1. Hachi no Su - 500b
  2. Otoshiananotane - 10b

Choc

Banned
the amount of nintendo based items you can buy/win is awesome

zelda triforce, mario tshirt, Bullet Bills, pikmin

Mik2121

Uhm, not 100% sure but I believe I read in the game that the buying prices in the recycling shop would change everyday?

Mik2121

Man... three days in a row, the stupid fishing rod and the shovel. I still don't have the net nor the axe, assuming it's still in the game. i don't have the water thing (sorry, dunno the name in English) so most of my plants are starting to die except for a couple that some other villager is giving water to...

Mik2121

Today's fortune cookie ticket!

Number 6,
nothing :(... but he gave me a Chinese table in exchange because he felt sorry for me.

Top Bottom