• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Screen Shot Thread (56k no)

Rlan

Motor Kombat looks a lot like Street Racer and this weird SEGA buggy game that came out years and years ago - Had heaps of weird tracks, had a Saturn port.

Why is nobody calling out Nintendo for their Bullshit with them releasing Donkey Kong and Mario Bros. NES versions? Release the damn ARCADE versions of these games, DK was missing an entire 'screen'!

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Rlan said:
Motor Kombat looks a lot like Street Racer and this weird SEGA buggy game that came out years and years ago - Had heaps of weird tracks, had a Saturn port.

Why is nobody calling out Nintendo for their Bullshit with them releasing Donkey Kong and Mario Bros. NES versions? Release the damn ARCADE versions of these games, DK was missing an entire 'screen'!

Complete agreement. They could even offer some oldER-school games that come from Nintendo's arcade days through the VC. Then again, I'm pretty sure all of them also appeared on the NES, making it a bit redundant.

Also,
http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/6520

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Pokemon Battle Revolution

Magazine scans, and pre-emptive apologies for 'old' and 'horrible capture' and very possibly 'so small its worthless.' Still, its pokemon and that can't be forgotten.

scr_004.jpg

scr_005.jpg

scr_006.jpg

Razoric

Banned
Is that Kart mini-game going to be in MK7 Wii exclusive?

Is there any source yet that tells the difference between MK7 PS2/xbox and MK7 Wii?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Trauma Center: Second Opinion

Magazine Scans.

I'm pretty certain that's a character we haven't seen yet. Looks cool, seductive, and a bit dominating. Yay! Also, how about a pentagram while operating? SOLD!

This game continues to look simply amazing. I might also contend that graphical limitations would be a GOOD thing, at least for this title. Anybody else avoid the operation channel (the one where they blood and organs squirting everywhere) like the plague? Cell shading is the only way to go on this one.

51361520060929_110734_2_big.jpg

51361520060929_110734_3_big.jpg

51361520060929_110733_1_big.jpg

MaddenNFL64

How are they going to even pull off an MK game on the Wii though? I can only think of the classic controller... or maybe they can code the GC controller to work with it.

Unless they somehow can pull off waggle mode... maybe nunchuk is kick, wiimote is punch, and then theres high-low, then force of waggle is strength... gah, that sounds complicated.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Far Cry: Vengeance

Magazine Scans. Includes new screens. Looks fine to me, but then again, I'm not an FPS junky. Could anyone compare this to other FPS screens on the Wii?

54431520060929_194732_1_big.jpg

54431520060929_194731_0_big.jpg

That. ad. is. awesome.

'The Sensei will train you to be vicious and unpredictable like a rabid dog, rather than cowering and pitiful like the show poodle you really are'. :lol

Zeed

Banned
PantherLotus said:
Trauma Center: Second Opinion

Magazine Scans.

I'm pretty certain that's a character we haven't seen yet. Looks cool, seductive, and a bit dominating. Yay! Also, how about a pentagram while operating? SOLD!

This game continues to look simply amazing. I might also contend that graphical limitations would be a GOOD thing, at least for this title. Anybody else avoid the operation channel (the one where they blood and organs squirting everywhere) like the plague? Cell shading is the only way to go on this one.
OMG. Difficulty settings!

And the first glimpse of a new character! That freaky woman with the white hair definitely wasn't in the original, and neither was that creepy glowy red environment or the church. I'd hazard a guess that that's a part of the new character's storyline. Atlus did say they were aiming to make his story darker than Styles'.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Zyid said:
OMG. Difficulty settings!

And the first glimpse of a new character! That freaky woman with the white hair definitely wasn't in the original, and neither was that creepy glowy red environment or the church. I'd hazard a guess that that's a part of the new character's storyline. Atlus did say they were aiming to make his story darker than Styles'.

Agreed. On the same note, I'm hoping this game is more than operating. Now, I didn't play the DS version, but I'm truly hoping for several intruiging and mature storylines. I think they could look to Grey's Anatomy (ABC - great show!) for inspiration. It should be as sexed-up, dangerous, moody and compelling as possible.

Style wins, always.

PantherLotus said:
Agreed. On the same note, I'm hoping this game is more than operating. Now, I didn't play the DS version, but I'm truly hoping for several intruiging and mature storylines. I think they could look to Grey's Anatomy (ABC - great show!) for inspiration. It should be as sexed-up, dangerous, moody and compelling as possible.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

Failure in so many ways.

luffeN

OG_Original Gamer said:
Anyone here speak German?

i can try translate it if you want, just gimme some time

so, here it coooooomes! (i wont translate the screenshot remarks..)

first pic, where it says Fakten:
Facts: Based on the Xbox Version, exclusive Wii-Levels, different vehicles, player has "wild abilities", multiplayer mode

2nd pic: Schwungvolle Attacken:

peppy attacks (swinging attacks): while you have to only press a button to shoot, there is more body movement involved when dealing out close combat attacks. depending on wheter you strike with a machete or attack your enemy with your feral powers, an aimed swing is needed. Feral Attack: swing the wiimote to the side to awake your feral powers. Machete: swing the wiimote like you would do with a real machete ;)

ill just give u the details for the text, takes to freaking long for a word by word translation :D

first paragraph: just talking about how good the game looks and that the official title is far cry vengance

paragraph wildes blut (wild blood): talking about how killing enemies either with the feral attacks or machete-stealth-splinter cell style ;) mention that jack carver is the hero/lead. game is aimed at older gamers due to violence.

paragraph auf achse (on wheels): there will be quad bikes, pick up trucks, hovercrafts and jet skis. vehicles will be controlled with the nunchuck stick, shooting still possible with the wiimote, and if there are any onboard canons, you can control them with a quick nunchuck flip. mention multiplayer mode named "Chaos Mode", its a version of last man standing. they say that the games makes overall a pretty good impression and that itll be released this year (so launch game, as we all knew).

threeball

Banned
Don't you love when trolls like Drinky Crow attempt to derail topics with their trolling but fail miserably as everyone ignores them?

Anyway the Wii games are all looking improved

threeball said:
Don't you love when trolls like Drinky Crow attempt to derail topics with their trolling but fail miserably as everyone ignores them?

Anyway the Wii games are all looking improved

Humm......

Mar

yjs666 said:
Is it me or has Super Monkey Ball improved a lot in recent weeks?

Agreed. I think it looks far better than what was shown about a month ago. Can't really place what it is that's improved though. Everything just looks clearer, more polished, and brighter.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
JDSN said:
Rayman Raving Rabbids
The first pic looks like multiplayer mode.

MULTIPLAYER?? Then again, what kinda game would it be if it was a solo mini-game fest? I might add this to my Christmas list afterall. I need games to get my wife playing again. (She is a so-called "lapsed gamer" -- beat the first 3 marios as a kid and never really played again).

This might be that game, if WiiPlay/WiiSports isn't. I'm kinda getting hyped here. Somebody tell me these look bad so I can go back to GAF mode plz.

And some more digestible pics of said game:

rayman-raving-rabbids-20061002053025402-000.jpg

rayman-raving-rabbids-20061002052956405-000.jpg

rayman-raving-rabbids-20061002052958107-000.jpg

rayman-raving-rabbids-20061002053014128-000.jpg

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Necro Nesia

Not sure if this game got its own post yet, but with some new screens released, now would be the time. The words "unimpressed, major" come to mind. Obviously this would be the flashlight game that Nintendo alluded to, maybe using it to scare away bugs.

Anyway, these screens are tiny and not really helpful, but it is more than we had, so at least its a start. Maybe its on purpose, but more fog than Superman64 will only scare the people that pay for this. There are a couple good ones here though.

necro-nesia-20061003105218360.jpg

necro-nesia-20061003105217969.jpg

necro-nesia-20061003105217516.jpg

necro-nesia-20061003105217016.jpg

necro-nesia-20061003105215953.jpg

necro-nesia-20061003105215610.jpg

necro-nesia-20061003105215266.jpg

necro-nesia-20061003105214829.jpg

necro-nesia-20061003105214375.jpg

necro-nesia-20061003105213938.jpg

necro-nesia-20061003105213532.jpg

necro-nesia-20061003105213125.jpg

To be honest...I'm not sure we'd want these any bigger! ;)

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam

From the first page of this thread I've been hyping this game because of its apparent similarity to the SSX series. These screens continue to get me hyped up and look great.

I hope they eliminate the "brown" look from all the other THPS games and all the warehouse levels, dock levels, etc. This game needs colors. Look up the difference between THPS and SSX for examples. Something at night, lots of neon lights, wild costumes, etc.

This certainly seems to be on the right track.

49751520061004_003401_4_big.jpg

49751520061004_003401_3_big.jpg

49751520061004_003401_2_big.jpg

49751520061004_003401_1_big.jpg

49751520061004_003401_0_big.jpg

PantherLotus said:
The Dog Island

I definitely haven't seen this before. Must be Nintendogs redux.

935585_20060914_screen001_image.jpg
Nintendo isn't working on this game, which is terrible. I think the developer is called Yuke's.

I guess we can forget about this game being a killer app like Nintendogs has been for DS, which is still by far the best selling DS game worldwide.

RavenFox

Banned
lol for a new system the graphics are atrocious. Still need my Zelda/Metroid/Mario fix though. Now thats a holy trinity right there.

Speevy

Banned
Mr. TV Goggles said:
I guess we can forget about this game being a killer app like Nintendogs has been for DS, which is still by far the best selling DS game worldwide.

We can look forward to steel cage matches between the dogs though.

Banned
When will people ever get 'extreme' sports characters right. Lose the coloured hair for chrissakes!

Actually, Far Cry magazine scans look a bit more forgiving then the ones posted by me earlier.

Tony Hawk looks nice, Xbox level sure, but still nice.

NecroNasia, if it's early in development I can forgive it. Especially the second scan, the grass texture is looking fairly decent so yea. Lighting/fog seems nice too but the screens other than that are UGH and need fixing.

I wish Nintendo would have put a little bit more horsepower into the Wii. MEtroid, Mario,Zelda are SPECTACULAR (even Sonic and Battallion Wras and Madden are comign along nicely) but other devcelopers might have tried harder with alittle bit more muscle under the hood.

dkeane

PantherLotus said:
What?! SUPER NINJA GOLF?

Plz tell me that's real. PLz.
From this preview -
http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3154185
Of immediate appeal to gamers looking forward to Super Swing Golf are the unlockable, Tecmo-themed costume parts, which will let players dress their golfer up like Kasumi from Dead or Alive, Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden, and plenty of other Tecmo games (Fatal Frame? Deception? Gallop Racer? Monster Rancher?).

Top Bottom