• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Screen Shot Thread (56k no)

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Cars

I already regret posting these. OH WELL! :) Crappy screens for a most-likely crappy game. To be fair, I'm making that assumption because its a kid's game based on a movie property. If that's not a recipe for disaster, I dont know what is. At least SpongeBob looked a little better.

scr_001.jpg

scr_002.jpg

scr_003.jpg

scr_004.jpg

scr_005.jpg

scr_006.jpg

scr_007.jpg

PantherLotus said:
Cars

I already regret posting these. OH WELL! :) Crappy screens for a most-likely crappy game. To be fair, I'm making that assumption because its a kid's game based on a movie property. If that's not a recipe for disaster, I dont know what is. At least SpongeBob looked a little better.

scr_005.jpg

scr_004.jpg

I dont think these look to shabby at all..

The gameplay: well im sure it will suck, these screens dont look awful though

PantherLotus said:
Cars

Actually, for what it is those screens aren't too bad. There's not much to speak of in the way of environmental detail, but it's clean & sharp with what look like nice, detailed character models. Compared to some of the third-party ports on the system it actually looks quite nice.

Cosmonaut X said:
Actually, for what it is those screens aren't too bad. There's not much to speak of in the way of environmental detail, but it's clean & sharp with what look like nice, detailed character models. Compared to some of the third-party ports on the system it actually looks quite nice.

It looks a hell of alot better than it did on the PC with max settings. The game is actually kinda fun...

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Mr. Spinnington said:
They might want to change the style, then, becaues it definitely LOOKS cel-chaded.
What do you mean, change the style? You mean only cel-shaded games are allowed to look cartoony? :lol

GaimeGuy said:
What do you mean, change the style? You mean only cel-shaded games are allowed to look cartoony? :lol
No, it's just right there on the cel shading border. Go away, I own Psychonauts.

I want confirmation that they aren't using ANY cel shading because it looks like they are. You can almost touch it.

The Black Brad Pitt said:
HAUAHAUAHAUAHA

With such eloquent and articulate replies like this(and most of your other ones), one would think you would be praising games like Cars as they seem to be on your level.

I guess since you have it in your avatar now, you have to find other forms of creative expression.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Doom_Bringer said:
935580_20060914_screen003_image.jpg

So is this a custom digital Avatar for Wii online or what?

That represents a program, or mini-channel that comes with every Wii, it's called the MiiChannel. And yeah, it's basically a custom digital avatar for use within a bunch of games. Nintendo has already confirmed that your avatars, which can be stored on the Wiimote, will be used in a lot of games, including WiiSports and WiiPlay. They have also mentioned that it is possible to see other people's avatars (online) and see them in your own games afterwords, if the other person allows. The possiblities are endless.

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
With such eloquent and articulate replies like this(and most of your other ones), one would think you would be praising games like Cars as they seem to be on your level.

I guess since you have it in your avatar now, you have to find other forms of creative expression.
Thankyou. You've turned my life around.

PantherLotus said:
That represents a program, or mini-channel that comes with every Wii, it's called the MiiChannel. And yeah, it's basically a custom digital avatar for use within a bunch of games. Nintendo has already confirmed that your avatars, which can be stored on the Wiimote, will be used in a lot of games, including WiiSports and WiiPlay. They have also mentioned that it is possible to see other people's avatars (online) and see them in your own games afterwords, if the other person allows. The possiblities are endless.

cool!

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2

This is apprarently a direct port (with additional control features) from the PS2 version. Still, it looks like a cool game. It would be cool to see this built from the ground up on the Wii, though.

dragon-ball-z-budokai-tenkaichi-2-20061004105059679.jpg

dragon-ball-z-budokai-tenkaichi-2-20061004105058851.jpg

dragon-ball-z-budokai-tenkaichi-2-20061004105058023.jpg

dragon-ball-z-budokai-tenkaichi-2-20061004105057023.jpg

dragon-ball-z-budokai-tenkaichi-2-20061004105056211.jpg

dragon-ball-z-budokai-tenkaichi-2-20061004105055383.jpg

dragon-ball-z-budokai-tenkaichi-2-20061004105054508.jpg

dragon-ball-z-budokai-tenkaichi-2-20061004105053711.jpg

dragon-ball-z-budokai-tenkaichi-2-20061004105052898.jpg

dragon-ball-z-budokai-tenkaichi-2-20061004105051914.jpg

dragon-ball-z-budokai-tenkaichi-2-20061004105051023.jpg

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Heatseaker

Images from the makers of Heroes of the Pacific. Could be cool (insert cliche "WITH REALLY AWESOME CONTROL!). Clearly, this one needs a lot of work.

heatseeker-20061004051048674.jpg

heatseeker-20061004051038893.jpg

heatseeker-20061004051039347.jpg

heatseeker-20061004051038409.jpg

heatseeker-20061004051037815.jpg

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blast isn't cell shaded. watch some videos of the game and i'm sure you'll realise.

i do love the new pastel coloured art style though. it's great :)

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Kawaii said:
Nice to see that some developers still have interest in GBA.
Why do people always go a step too far? I don't think anyone would argue with calling these PS1-level but saying GBA is ridiculous.

PantherLotus said:
Heatseaker

Images from the makers of Heroes of the Pacific. Could be cool (insert cliche "WITH REALLY AWESOME CONTROL!). Clearly, this one needs a lot of work.

...uh, weren't those pics confirmed to be from the PS2 version of the game? AFAIK, this is the only Wii screenshot out there at the moment:

heatseekerwiiscreen_05.jpg

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Cosmonaut X said:
...uh, weren't those pics confirmed to be from the PS2 version of the game? AFAIK, this is the only Wii screenshot out there at the moment:

No. The one you have is non-platform specific, while the ones I posted are generated on the Wii hardware, confirmed by IGN.

Garcia

Dude ! Zelda is so SOTC ambiented ! I love it !!!!!

Even Miyamoto had to pay tribute to Fumito Ueda in one of his best games :D

I hate the bragging the developers did for HEatSeeker on the Wii. IT's horrendous and they actually sound like they love those screens:

IGN Wii: How are you bringing these planes to life from a visual standpoint?

Ben: In addition to the planes being modeled and textured to the manufacturer's own specification, every one has fully animating parts including ailerons, air brakes, engine nozzles, and landing gear; watching the Raptor's missile bay doors open to release a barrage of long-range missiles before snapping stealthily shut again is a sight to quicken the pulse of any jet nut. Jet flames and contrails, blazing cannons, and exciting high speed effects add to the immersion, and should you get clipped by a missile, hell, you'll know about it. And everything is rendered with spherical harmonic lighting. Watching highlights play across those metal curves as the jets roll and climb is much more exciting than I should admit to. But when the bogeys appear on the HUD, the afterburners light up and the weapons drop from the rails the game really comes to life. You've never seen explosions like these. Each plane has been built twice, with a special 'fragged' version busted into scarred lumps of bent metal and twisted machinery. As your missile hits you'll watch them scatter to the winds in epic clouds of flame and smoke and shards, each explosion hand-scripted to make the most spectacular theatre of airborne destruction you've ever seen.

Those are DECENT explosions so far, but Battlion Wars and Call of Duty on Wii TROUNCES them by far.

With that said, did anyone ever post Splinter Cell Double Agent Wii screens from IGN? I think the OP of this topic should make a list of all the screens we've gotten

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/852/852866/imgs_1.html

PantherLotus said:
Yeah, pretty much. For me, it is acceptable for a system that costs $250. Now, if it cost like 2-3x more, hell yeah I'd say that looks like shit and we should burn their house down. But it's relatively cheap and graphics like that are pretty much expected.

And no way that Red Steel shot is real.

For me I wish Nintendo had put just a little more horsepower into the Wii to get it like 1.5 times the power of Xbox or something like that.

As for Call of Duty screens, I agree they are acceptable. Not only are the pillars of smoke the KEY FOCAL POINT that shows Wii is indeed more powerful than GCN, but I'm sure all these pixelated character models that still look fairly decent will look BEAUTIFUL in motion.

plagiarize said:
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blast isn't cell shaded. watch some videos of the game and i'm sure you'll realise.

i do love the new pastel coloured art style though. it's great :)
This is an answer I'll accept. What's important is how cute it is now :D

Dice said:
Why do people always go a step too far? I don't think anyone would argue with calling these PS1-level but saying GBA is ridiculous.

I think it was a spot on comment, those gfx are a disaster. The framerate better be 120fps.

KINGMOKU

PantherLotus said:
No. The one you have is non-platform specific, while the ones I posted are generated on the Wii hardware, confirmed by IGN.
Thats different from what I've heard as well. Those shots are from the PS2 version, and IGN screwed up.

Of course, who the hell knows anyway? After seeing that dynasty warriors game, anything could be a Wii title.

StevieP

Banned
LanceStern said:
For me I wish Nintendo had put just a little more horsepower into the Wii to get it like 1.5 times the power of Xbox or something like that.

As for Call of Duty screens, I agree they are acceptable. Not only are the pillars of smoke the KEY FOCAL POINT that shows Wii is indeed more powerful than GCN, but I'm sure all these pixelated character models that still look fairly decent will look BEAUTIFUL in motion.

The XBox was only slightly better than the Gamecube. The Wii = Gamecube x 2 approx, so as I've been saying, all we need is a talented dev studio that isn't using last-gen Gamecube-built engines to unlock some nice Wii goodness (or at least last gen engines that look respectable, like RE4). Too bad Capcom is really busy with the 360 and Factor 5 is trying to lock 1080p on the PS3.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Elebits

New screens! This game is getting some major attention as a potential underground hit, not unlike Katamari, and won some best-of-show awards this last time around, too. Interesting to see how this thing turns out.

elebits-20061005041208714.jpg

elebits-20061005041209511.jpg

elebits-20061005041210229.jpg

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
a definite mixed bag but i reckon monkey ball, kororinpa (especially kororinpa), prime 3, mario and zelda all look great. hopefully they can keep up the momentum on the console after these are out. i'm looking forward to reviews of Elebits, a nd i'm a sucker for plane games so hopefully heatseeker is good (and arcadey). COD looks better than i expected, but yeah - i agree with those peeps about the ports always looking a bit shoddy. it would appear the exclusives are the ones where the system is gonna shine. and the mii avatars are kinda uggo.. should be fun anyway.

and man, gt pro looks like ass :p cars looks better! despite the vw combi van turning into a small red sports car in the next shot :lol

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Rampage: Total Destruction

5163feac39661f8d139a425b6377ef56.jpg

e64ca5bd47e937787b713069e5cc08d1.jpg

8c0b5bdb0bde6d304ecc47a5b538f33e.jpg

a0d1dad2ab7b6aa6c4a87dc9afcdcae3.jpg

7c48c54ac5ffc9bc72654144d04a0a3b.jpg

f954ab45677470d7a155604cc75c5990.jpg

note: originals didn't allow for direct linking. Let me find a fix. God knows I don't want to save/host them all myself! ;)

Kawaii said:
Nice to see that some developers still have interest in GBA.

****. I'm so out of the loop that I'm just looking at thirty threads at once, and for a sec I thought these were actual GBA screens or something. Mind you it took an additional five seconds to figure out the truth, but still...

Also, GT Pro? Why does every generic looking racer also have an equally generic sounding name?

But yeah... they look bad, but I do like the vaguely Auto Modellista look. I wouldn't mind a sequel for the Wii, with fixed controls. Anything done on the Wii has to be an imporvment over the borked original.

I may get shit for saying this, but I feel third parties might want to look as the Wii as the platform to "fix" games they done in the past but have failed for whatever reasons, primarily bad controls. Might give them a proper platform to improve upon mistakes.

Top Bottom