• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.
posting your labtop will help you know...

mftEM.jpg

olololololo

Seriously, though.

Laptop: HP G60 Notebook PC
Processor: AMD Athlon Dual-Core QL-60 1.90 GHz
RAM: 2GB (oh god why)

I was overall disappointed in Diablo III.

How comparable is Torchlight? Would I be better off jumping straight into Torchlight II?
I put hundreds of hours into Diablo III and I thought Torchlight II was the more fun game. However, it's best played with friends as the online community can be a mixed bag of legit players and hackers.

Nimajneb

Is Dreamfall: the longest journey any good? most reviews say the puzzles were easy but the story is good. If it's as compelling as the walking dead I don't mind the gameplay being lackluster. Problem is I played the longest journey and I couldn't stand the dialogue and voice acting in that game. Did Funcom step up their game in the sequel?

Although the gameplay is pretty weak, it's definitely worth playing if you're interested in the story. The production values and voice acting improved over the first game, but if you didn't like the writing in the TLJ, you won't like Dreamfall.

Kammie

The Tomb Raider pack is a steal.

I already own all the new ones, so I think I'm just gonna jump on I and II for nostalgia's sake. Too much money spent on this sale.

Dizzy

Banned
Why didnt you wait for the daily deals? I'm sorry but this is your own fault and I really hope you dont get your money back. Otherwise what the hell is the point of the daily deals.
Its my first steam sale, I didn't know there were rules.

So they have the game on sale anyway....and then throw it in a daily deal too. What the hell is the point of the original sale? So that people can feel shafted later?

Its funny because there were times when me or friends have bought a game at gamestation in a sale, they've discounted the game even further a week later and had no problem refunding the £10 difference.

Recall

So they have the game on sale anyway....and then throw it in a daily deal too. What the hell is the point of the original sale? So that people can feel shafted later?

Its funny because there were times when me or friends have bought a game at gamestation in a sale, they've discounted the game even further a week later and had no problem refunding the £10 difference.

The game must have been at a price you were comfortable with if you were willing to pay it. The golden rule is always keep an eye on the daily deals and flash deals, if the game doesnt get any cheaper just buy on the last day of the sale :)

OT is pretty subtle :D

Real FAQ

Should I buy [game] now or wait for the last day in case it becomes a cheaper, daily deal?

WAIT FOR THE DAILY DEALS

Should I buy [game] now or wait for the last day in case it becomes a cheaper, daily deal?

WAIT FOR THE DAILY DEALS

WAIT FOR THE DAILY DEALS

WAIT FOR THE DAILY DEALS

WAIT FOR THE DAILY DEALS

WAIT FOR THE DAILY DEALS

Nert

I remember hearing some bad things about the L.A. Noire PC port. Has it been made better over time with patches, or is it still not recommended?

BFIB

No worries. If you didn't read the OT, you didn't know. Your not the first to be burned by this, and you won't be the last.

Just expect to be reminded to always wait for the dailies.

Kammie

Never read the OT. Didn't know I needed to know the rules of a sale :-/ Welcome to digital distribution I guess.
On the plus side, you'll never make the same mistake again! And you still got the games for cheap.

Digital distribution pricing is great. You'll never want to go back.

Dizzy

Banned
I never played 6. Is it completely terrible?

I really liked the game but I'm in the minority. It's really bad on PC though even after the patch. So buggy. Keep A LOT of save files. One time I got stuck in a cutscene...hard to explain but as I only has the one save file I had to start the whole game again. Another time I was walking along, saw an icon to pick something up, figured I just couldn't see it. Pressed the button to pick it up and Lara starts sidestepping....and sidestepping....and she ends up walking through the wall of like a jail cell with these metal bars and then picked up an item in there. At that point I was completely stuck and hard to load an old save.

The PS2 version was much better for me. Only fell through the floor once!

On the plus side, you'll never make the same mistake again! And you still got the games for cheap.

Digital distribution pricing is great. You'll never want to go back.
Yeah it was a good price and if it was a week or two I'd probably take it on the chin. Less than 24 hours though? can't hurt to try for my money back.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
more days left of deals : yes
more days left of NEW deals : no

Its a shame, because while I understand the sales importance decreases the longer you've been on Steam. This new set up is terrible, where in most cases its just the same sales repeating. Having the flash sales would have been excellent way to keep titles like Killing Floor or Mass Effect present, but make way for newer titles for dailies. Basically more on sale, but instead we are left with the same sales repeating. Add on community repeats and even the end of sale recap, Something like Skyrim was on sale 4 times last summer if I recall.

Its a shame, because while I understand the sales importance decreases the longer you've been on Steam. This new set up is terrible, where in most cases its just the same sales repeating. Having the flash sales would have been excellent way to keep titles like Killing Floor or Mass Effect present, but make way for newer titles for dailies. Basically more on sale, but instead we are left with the same sales repeating. Add on community repeats and even the end of sale recap, Something like Skyrim was on sale 4 times last summer if I recall.

its like they mailed it in.

6 dailes @ 48 hours vs. 12 dailes @ 36 hours

one would've thought that with less 'dailes' there would be more variety. oops

(ignoring the Flash and Community deals for now)

dreamfall

I just... I can't... these sales GAF.

I'm slowly losing it- like I see the "new" deals and I swear it's like I've seen them all before. Maybe it's me. Maybe it's Garry.

atomsk

Party Pooper
We're not getting a Primordia deal are we.

It's mind boggling that it was in a community vote (lost) and hasn't been recycled yet considering how much recycling has been going on.

HOLDING OUT HOPE TILL THE VERY LAST FLASH DEAL GOES UP

and then buying it if that doesn't happen

BFIB

The ultimate troll will be no sale on New Vegas. Seems that is the game everyone wants now, and its always on sale.

Yeah it was a good price and if it was a week or two I'd probably take it on the chin. Less than 24 hours though? can't hurt to try for my money back.

By the time you get your money back the games wont be on sale for the cheaper price anymore. It's just $10 for a game that you will always have, discs will never get scratched, and the games will always be backwards compatible.

ultrazilla

Bought Doom 3 BFG for $14 off the sale. Now I can't get it to run full screen. Windows 8 64 bit, 8 gig memory, I5 processor, Nvidia 660ti. I can get it playing in a windowed screen but that's it. Anyone out there that can help? I googled and checked the steam forums and apparently many people are having problems. :/

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I said it before and I'll say it again: There will be an influx of Fallout: New Vegas (And fallout 3 for that matter) GOTY keys for sale in mid-to-end of January, once the Bethesda Pack keys are given by GamersGate.

So unless you're really desperate to play it anytime soon, i'd wait until the end of the month

There's always the chance that they won't fulfill the sales, but I doubt that.

Toki767

Anyone interested in paypaling me...

1. $3.75 for Bioshock, Bioshock 2, and Borderlands GOTY (all 3 games for 3.75 total)
or
2. $3.33 for Borderlands GOTY and The Darkness 2?
or
3. $13.33 for Bioshock, Bioshock 2, Borderlands GOTY, Mafia 2, Civ V Goty, and Civ IV Complete

I want to get Duke Nukem Forever on Amazon and have the $5 credit but don't need the other codes that would come in the pack.

I'd totally be interested in #3 if it came with Gods & Kings too.

AlexBasch

Thing is, I only want the DLC. :p I know it's somewhat reduced but if I can get it cheaper then it's better.

At least they didn't pull a "buy the GOTY edition if you want the DLC" bullshit they pulled on Dead Island. I'll never play the Ryder White stuff because of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom