• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX coming to NA and Europe this Fall

Too bad I don't, but I've played games with dual audio before, and this game will have dual audio in the jp release, so the US one is a lazy port to me. Don't you think SE should but a bit more effort in this? It's not like they are releasing many good games these days, so they could at least show they care.

Agreed. I mean it's a blu ray disc. That's 25-50GB of space and you know all this stuff won't even fill the 25 GB disc. Why not included all the languages if you can fit it on the disc? Lossless sound for English and lossy for other languages.

Cool. Maybe if I can borrow a PS3 again I'll play it, otherwise I'm okay with my PS2 copy of Final Mix. I honestly don't have any interest in playing Chain of Memories and the less said about the liquid stagnant juice at the bottom of your garbage pail known as 358/2 Days, the better.

Any achievement list yet?

Does the JPN release have English audio? I thought they said it was being changed back for this release.

@LycanXIII I believe KH1 FM was only dubbed in English for Japan, as well as most of KH2FM except new scenes were in Japanese.

I think KH2 FM is in English, but in the cutscene viewer you can pick the lagnuage, and the new scenes are voiced in Japanese.

Aurizen

I wanna know when FFX HD will come out I hope famitsu will give us answers in march soon or this week would be nice, that's the one thing i'm interested in is FFX im not buying anything from SE until that is released and is in my hands.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Does the JPN release have English audio? I thought they said it was being changed back for this release.

@LycanXIII I believe KH1 FM was only dubbed in English for Japan, as well as most of KH2FM except new scenes were in Japanese.

Iirc the JPN release doesn't have English audio. Only JP. So no. JPN isn't getting any special treatment.

Too bad I don't, but I've played games with dual audio before, and this game will have dual audio in the jp release, so the US one is a lazy port to me. Don't you think SE should but a bit more effort in this? It's not like they are releasing many good games these days, so they could at least show they care.

read above.

I think KH2 FM is in English, but in the cutscene viewer you can pick the lagnuage, and the new scenes are voiced in Japanese.

For the PS2 release it was like this but not for the PS3 remaster.

Narolf

Banned
bEG3xH1.jpg
UwmtJSN.jpg
There won't be a French or German dub for Re:CoM and 358/2, only English, so it's safe to assume they are just re-using the original dub and the new FM scenes won't be dubbed, like in the first English-voice FM version.
Cover in (very) high resolution.
First batch of screen-shots.
Screen-shot batch for re:CoM.
"The trophy sets are different for each game. There is also a set of trophies for KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days when watching the cinematics."
Kagari said:
  • In addition to HD visuals, there are some changes with the character models and textures.
  • Character balance changes (Sora loses STR & DEF, but has more AP).
  • You use the right analog stick for camera controls. R3 reverts the camera to default position.
  • Exclusive boss.
  • A custom theme is available once you finish the game.
  • A bunch of new cut-scenes.
  • New abilities: EXP 0 (nullifies experience's gain) and Combo Master (lets you perform combos with interruption).
  • Around 10 new heartless.
  • Some special actions like "Talk" are utilized with triangle.
  • Old heartless have their designs changed.
  • English voices are reverted back to Japanese voices.
  • 2 new weapons for each of the characters.
  • Magic and Summon are each given a separate command.
  • 10 new abilities.
  • Trophy support.
  • New difficulty setting.
  • New version of Dearly Beloved.
  • Option to skip cut-scenes (locked until you've got to see the cut-scene once).
  • Keyblade balance changes.
  • Around 10 new accessories were added.
  • Item Synthesis has been expanded.
  • New Ansem reports.
  • New Gummi stuff.
  • 1.5 HD's additions.
  • Final Mix's additions.

• In addition to HD visuals, there are some changes with the character models and textures.
  • You use the right analog stick for camera controls. R3 reverts the camera to default position.
  • New abilities: EXP 0 (nullifies experience's gain) and Combo Master (lets you perform combos with interruption).
  • Trophy support.
  • 10 new abilities.
  • Option to skip cut-scenes (locked until you've got to see the cut-scene once).
  • New Ansem reports.
  • New optional boss battles.
  • New Gummi stuff.
  • 1.5 HD's additions.
  • Final Mix's additions.

Welcome back. Tried to warn ya :(.

Oh and there is few things wrong in that list. Exp Zero and Combo master are 1.5 additions. Same for right analogue stick camera. New difficulty setting is FM addition. Cutscene skip is FM addition. Only one additional bonus boss so shouldn't be plural :).

Seda

I don't believe anybody has claimed to make the OT for this game (going by the OT OT thread). So if anybody wants to.... I just did the 3DS one so I wont.

Also, don't make one for the JPN release if you aren't going to get it lol.

Narolf

Banned
Welcome back. Tried to warn ya :(.

Oh and there is few things wrong in that list. Exp Zero and Combo master are 1.5 additions. Same for right analogue stick camera. New difficulty setting is FM addition. Cutscene skip is FM addition. Only one additional bonus boss so shouldn't be plural :).
Thanks! Regardless, I haven't been banned for something along these lines; ban would have been much longer if that were the reason. Will elaborate on this a bit later, in the due thread. Going to correct the list.

I don't believe anybody has claimed to make the OT for this game (going by the OT OT thread). So if anybody wants to.... I just did the 3DS one so I wont.

I'd love to make the OT but I'd rather Padington or someone with some graphical talent do it :lol.

I'd like to try my hand at making, or at least helping, with an OT.

MrMephistoX

Why not vita too?

Well if Sony's GAIKAI stuff pans out at PS4 launch for PS2 games technically it will. I'm taking a wait and see approach because as much as I love Kingdom Hearts I don't want to buy it on PS3 and then have to turn around and get it on PS4 later on.

• Trophy support.
  • 10 new abilities.
  • New Ansem reports.
  • New Gummi stuff.
  • 1.5 HD's additions.
  • Final Mix's additions.

Spelled my name wrong lol.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
  • Trophy support.
  • 10 new abilities.
  • New Ansem reports.
  • New Gummi stuff.
  • 1.5 HD's additions.
  • Final Mix's additions.

Wait, so no dual-audio? So confused.

sappyday

• Exclusive boss.
  • 10 new abilities.
  • Trophy support.
  • New Ansem reports.
  • New Gummi stuff.
  • 1.5 HD's additions.
  • Final Mix's additions.

Oh god. Even though I've played KH to death when I was little and it being my favorite game of all time, I'm still hyped as fuck to get the hd collection.

Narolf

Banned
Just went ahead and called him the author. I will take over should he refuse to fill the spot. Didn't intend to talk as if I were him. :p

So, if this comes to Europe, does that mean we will get new fully voiced cutscenes?
I mean, aside from the English voice over work, of course.
Sora's German voice actor has quite a different voice nowadays than he had 10 years ago, for example, so he would sound noticably different in the new cutscenes.

Seda

So, if this comes to Europe, does that mean we will get new fully voiced cutscenes?
Sora's German voice actor has quite a different voice nowadays than he had 10 years ago, for example, so he would sound noticably different in the new cutscenes.

I believe the only new "cutscene" that is voiced is one before the new boss, and it was just spliced from lines earlier in the game.

Jubern

There won't be a French or German dub for Re:CoM and 358/2, only English, so it's safe to assume they are just re-using the original dub and the new FM scenes won't be dubbed, like in the first English-voice FM version.

Suairyu

Banned
First game I'll pay full-price, day one for since Diablo III. Whole lot of value here.

Question:

Don't final mix enemies have different, non-canon colour schemes? Or am I imagining that? Either way, would prefer to have official colours.

First game I'll pay full-price, day one for since Diablo III. Whole lot of value here.

Question:

Don't final mix enemies have different, non-canon colour schemes? Or am I imagining that? Either way, would prefer to have official colours.
It has new colours for all heartless (exept the ones that don't make sense like shadows).
IykUG3v.png

PyMz6oa.png

Guard Armor is a downgrade but there are some cool ones like Phantom.
hudiBEQ.png

YCimiME.png

overcast

So fucking excited to play this game again in HD. Haven't played it for so long, but I have some seriously fond memories. Instrumental game of my childhood.

Top Bottom