• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 PC Bullshot thread of "1 FPS? That's 1 screenshot per second"

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Omg that's a great screen Chryz.

edit : quoting for new page

ib1UDbfVFbFWzT.png

1400p version

kodt

Banned
FUUUUUUUUUU this thread is dropping my jaw. I need to upgrade my PC and start playing more games. WTF have I been doing wasting my time on iOS drivel.

I have Crysis 2, Mass Effect 3, Witcher 2, BF3 just sitting there unplayed.

Okay okay... after the last shot from Sethos, I know that you can't buy access to pCars anymore but there has to be a way, who do I have to bribe or sell my soul to to get it still right now? :(

It's one of these exceptions, I normally wouldn't mind having SNES graphics for the rest of my life and I would play it with my DS3 gamepad and my 6850 would melt but damn...

t-ramp

I'm seriously regretting buying video cards with only 1GB VRAM. What was I thinking?

Oh well, I think I'll still try to figure out downsampling tonight.

Great thread.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Very. IIRC, DICE use PPAA and MSAA as several screen elements aren't AA'd by hardware anti-aliasing.

Well I think "Very" is a bit of an exaggeration. But yeah, if you look close enough you can see a tiny amount of aliasing.

Kipp

I'm seeing a pretty significant amount of aliasing.

Fair enough.
I'm curious though, is that considered "pretty significant" in the context of this thread, or just in general? Honestly not trying to start something; my current computer/graphics card can't handle any AA, so I don't really know what amount of aliasing is typical.
I'm probably just used to such outrageous amounts of aliasing that in comparison that seems like almost nothing at all. :p

RoKKeR

^^^ For this thread, there is almost no aliasing to be found because we are all downsampling and throwing on a shit ton of AA. Me and a few others have posted BF3 shots if you want to go back and compare.

I'm seeing a pretty significant amount of aliasing.
Yeah there's quite a bit in that shot. BF3 gets a lot of aliasing really quick once you turn off MSAA.

Kipp

Cool shot, Alo!

However:

[*]Emulators: Are not allowed, as we feel the majority of emulator shots end up going against the grain of the thread.

Sorry to be that guy. :(

^^^ For this thread, there is almost no aliasing to be found because we are all downsampling and throwing on a shit ton of AA. Me and a few others have posted BF3 shots if you want to go back and compare.

Oh okay, gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up!

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
dota2013-03-0200-30-38zkcm.png

Some ugly groundtextures but damn I love the playermodels especially for an 'rts'-type game.

Newsboy

Neo Member
This thread is glorious. Quite happy with my 560Ti for now, but I can see myself wanting an upgrade by the end of this year.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
http://i.minus.com/i2xEHcmA4r1Pk.png

Something is definitely off with the AA. Here's my own shot of a similar angle at 2560x1440 + 4xSGSSAA. Could be your SMAA plugin, because rendering at a higher resolution than me plus the same SGSSAA should not result in any aliasing.

massj7yuk.png

EDIT: This is a great shot.

Spazznid

Yeah, I have no clue, I tried new bits, and getting rid of SMAA and turning in-game AA on/off, w/e this game is depressing...

DISTRACTION!

i2R7LuMKgzkx2.png

This thread makes me regret only having a 275 GTX. No WAY my card pulls off anything worthy of this thread. :(

I'll just keep watching in amazement as games I never expected to look as fantastical as they do keep blowing my mind. ME3 is an example.

pCars is a whole different plane of existence, I SWEAR it.

Top Bottom