• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Screen Shot Thread (56k no)

Linkup

PantherLotus said:
02.jpg

DQS is looking sweet. I was kind of sad they weren't using the DQ8 style, but it does have its own style.

Terrell

Considering that's a Mario Party game, those are actually some pretty awesome graphics. Not "OMGWTFBBQ" awesome, but easily a step up from the Gamecube versions.

[Nintex]

Terrell said:
Considering that's a Mario Party game, those are actually some pretty awesome graphics. Not "OMGWTFBBQ" awesome, but easily a step up from the Gamecube versions.
The 3rd one looks really good, you should check some videos over at Gametrailers there is bloom lightning and some other fancy stuff going on. Its weird that titles like Pokemon and Mario Party have some of the best graphics of all the Wii games.

[Nintex] said:
The 3rd one looks really good, you should check some videos over at Gametrailers there is bloom lightning and some other fancy stuff going on. Its weird that titles like Pokemon and Mario Party have some of the best graphics of all the Wii games.

Well I guess that's because they aren't just launch games and the devs actually have time to take advantage of the Wii hardware. I'm expecting games in 2007 to look way better than launch if not just for the fact launched games were rushed

[Nintex] said:

Not really - they're being developed by teams who are likely to have more experience with the 'Cube hardware, giving them a good starting point, and who are likely to have better access & support from Nintendo with regard to getting the best out of the extra power & flexibility the Wii offers. Both games also benefit from a little extra dev time.

The encouraging thing - if you're looking at the potential for really nice-looking games on the Wii - is that these results are coming from some fairly minor dev teams, so in the hands of more talented developers we should see some very pretty games, especially if Wii takes off in a big way and publishers start slinging more support & money at the system.

PantherLotus said:
Pokemon Battle Revolution

<snip>

l_ki_pokemonbattle37.jpg

<snip>

l_ki_pokemonbattle44.jpg

<snip>

l_ki_pokemonbattle49.jpg

<snip>

These three put this game back on my radar. Looks nice, the character customisation looks cool, and this bad boy is online. An MMORPG style game would suit the Pokemon franchise so well, but this is shaping up nice!

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Super Fruit Fall

"System 3 dévoile les toutes premières images de Super Fruit Fall sur Wii. Ce puzzle-game vous proposera de créer des niveaux tout en réalisant des combinaisons avec les fruits.

Sa sortie est prévue pour le 8 décembre en Europe à un prix d’environ 35 Euros."

Basically, what I get out of that is that its 35-50 bucks, its a puzzle game from System 3, and you combine fruits. Is it for the VC? Not sure.

scr_001.jpg

scr_002.jpg

scr_003.jpg

scr_004.jpg

scr_005.jpg

scr_006.jpg

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Gottlieb Pinball Classics

"Outre Super Fruit Fall, System 3 diffuse également les premières illustrations de Gottlieb Pinball Classics sur Wii. Ce jeu de flipper tirera parti de la Wiimote et du Nunchak. Sortie prévue dans deux semaines en Europe à un prix d’environ 45 Euros."

More from System 3! This first screen looks freaking retarded awesome.

scr_001.jpg

scr_002.jpg

scr_003.jpg

scr_004.jpg

scr_005.jpg

scr_006.jpg

PantherLotus said:
Gottlieb Pinball Classics

"Outre Super Fruit Fall, System 3 diffuse également les premières illustrations de Gottlieb Pinball Classics sur Wii. Ce jeu de flipper tirera parti de la Wiimote et du Nunchak. Sortie prévue dans deux semaines en Europe à un prix d’environ 45 Euros."

[/IMG]

nice, I wonder how it plays

Xristot

AndoCalrissian said:
After seeing videos yesterday, I really want this game to come to North America. Looks really fun! Anyone know if it has co-op?

QFT. Also, famitsu scored it pretty high as well, but that doesn't tell me much...

Co-op would make this game 2 times as awesome. I could have sworn I saw 2 players in one of the videos... I'll check again.

PantherLotus said:
Super Fruit Fall

Basically, what I get out of that is that its 35-50 bucks, its a puzzle game from System 3, and you combine fruits. Is it for the VC? Not sure.

Nah, it's a proper retail game. I really don't know why they're bothering. =| That said, I'll happily give System 3 my precious money for the Gottlieb Pinball Classics port.

PolyGone

Banned
l_ki_pokemonbattle37.jpg

I know some people are gonna disagree, but going by this shot I'm gonna say it anyway:

Blue Dragon (or a reasonable facsimile) is possible on the Wii.

Lobster

Banned
PolyGone said:
l_ki_pokemonbattle37.jpg

I know some people are gonna disagree, but going by this shot I'm gonna say it anyway:

Hell no im not disagreeing. Sure its not gonna have as good textures but damn will the game look fine.

Duderz

Banned
Shard said:
We haven't had Zelda pics in quite a few pages anyway.

I know, seriously, looking through this thread wasn't a bad deal at all. I should've just scrolled over real fast or something.

PolyGone said:
l_ki_pokemonbattle37.jpg

I don't see any reason why Blue Dragon could not cut back a little on textures for Wii
But MS may have paid a good amount to keep it home on the 360

I am seriously willing to call these Pokeman images bullshit since they just look too good

They still have a long way to go on Metroid Prime Wii, or maybe that's just a testament to how freakin beautiful they made MEtroid Prime 2 Echoes.

Only improvement I see so far is a little bit clearer textures and particle/smoke effects

woeds

Smiles and Cries said:
I don't see any reason why Blue Dragon could not cut back a little on textures for Wii
But MS may have paid a good amount to keep it home on the 360

I am seriously willing to call these Pokeman images bullshit since they just look too good
I think the reason Pokemon looks so good, is the same reason Brawl looks so good; simple stages and just a few characters on screen. I don't think they could keep the models looking this good in a big open world with lots of characters on screen.

Neo Child

Banned
jetpacks was yes said:
Oh, Japanese game developers. When will you learn.

Im getting flashbacks of that Japanese RPG (was it Final Fantasy) with that stereotypical guy.

And now: "The one I love is... you! Father, you are the one I love"

Mason

I'm pretty blown away by the graphics of SSB and Pokemon, and even Zelda to some extent. All Wii games need to look as good as Nintendo's first party titles.

Top Bottom