• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Screen Shot Thread (56k no)

ivysaur12

Banned
PantherLotus said:
Dragon Quest Swords

THE number one third party game of the year. +hype. Oh jesus god this thing looks awesome. If they put in a nice little story, incorporate the score from VIII and maybe some nice VA like VIII had...this will be huge.

Wow. This one is going to sell by the truckload. When's it due out in Japan again?

DanielNC

Lots of new screens of each game, but sadly I can't really host them so you're only getting a few of each here.

wii_fireemblem_image1-_6_.jpg

wii_fireemblem_ss2.jpg

wii_fireemblem_ss13.jpg

screenshot_044.jpg

screenshot_054.jpg

DanielNC

I'm sitting on the screens myself - sorry if that wasn't clear. You'll see them soon enough on the Net, though, I gather. I'll add one more screen to the post above, however.

[Nintex]

DanielNC said:
I'm sitting on the screens myself - sorry if that wasn't clear. You'll see them soon enough on the Net, though (i.e. most likely within some hours). I'll add one more screen to the post above, however.
plz add them without any marks so I dont have to see them IGN'ed.
Do you have some stuff from more games?
Like Battalion Wars 2, Mario Strikers Charged or SUPER MARIO GALAXY??

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Fire Emblem

Some of these you've seen, some of 'em you haven't. The ones with the GC buttons are pissing me off. Where's QA when you need good marketing?! Hey Nintendo I need a job!

Clicky for the biggy~

Cioran

There's gamecube buttons in Fire Emblem cuz the game is compatible with the gamecube controller... It's not a question of QA.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Cioran said:
There's gamecube buttons in Fire Emblem cuz the game is compatible with the gamecube controller... It's not a question of QA.

So is it not compatible with the Wiimote? Why not show those buttons? Is it not compatible with the classic controller? Why not show those buttons? Does that mean it has no motion sensing capabilities? Does that mean it has no Wiimote pointing uses? C'mon. Don't give me that crap.

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
Is mario party online? If not then wtf are they thinking?

And is DQ just an on rails slasher? If so then whats the big deal abou tit?

Amir0x

Banned
The Black Brad Pitt said:
Is mario party online? If not then wtf are they thinking?

They're thinking "Hehehe, there's another two million suckers who will buy this game."

The Black Brad Pitt said:
And is DQ just an on rails slasher? If so then whats the big deal abou tit?

Well other people will jizz over it because Horii is involved and because it has more of Toriyama's lame art, but it is an on rails slasher. But somewhat more complex you block with your shield and you level up and shit and use magic.

Cioran

PantherLotus said:
Then QA could take over and release a couple of shots that actually suggest its on the Wii, no?

Sure, and I could ride on a magical flying puppy in the sky. :)

Now, my assumptions about the interface could be wrong, since Fire Emblem seems like a GameCube project retooled for Wii (just like Advance Wars Dual Strike wasn't too far from its GBA predecessors). But if button icons (which remain accurate considering the compatibility with the cube controller, again) are the only thing you find worthy to bitch about, then by all means go for it.

ethelred

Amir0x said:
Well other people will jizz over it because Horii is involved and because it has more of Toriyama's lame art, but it is an on rails slasher. But somewhat more complex you block with your shield and you level up and shit and use magic.

Nothing wrong with being interested in games from developers that have a proven track record of complete quality. It's no different from someone jizzing over White Knight Story because they liked Dark Cloud 2 and Rogue Galaxy.

And also, no, it's not just an on rails slasher.

PantherLotus said:
So you're saying you made up the idea that it's GC-controller compatible?

Fire Emblem is GameCube-controller compatable. It works with the GCN controller, the wiimote, and the classic controller.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Cioran said:
Sure, and I could ride on a magical flying puppy in the sky. :)

Now, my assumptions about the interface could be wrong, since Fire Emblem seems like a GameCube project retooled for Wii (just like Advance Wars Dual Strike wasn't too far from its GBA predecessors). But if button icons (which remain accurate considering the compatibility with the cube controller, again) are the only thing you find worthy to bitch about, then by all means go for it.

So you're saying you made up the idea that it's GC-controller compatible?

Amir0x

Banned
ethelred said:
Nothing wrong with being interested in games from developers that have a proven track record of complete quality. It's no different from someone jizzing over White Knight Story because they liked Dark Cloud 2 and Rogue Galaxy.

Guess it depends on what you think of the 'track record.' Although, I think you've overplayed your hand on my Level 5 appreciation. It's more of a 'Dark Cloud 2 is awesome' opinion. And they make rad graphics engines.

ethelred said:
And also, no, it's not just an on rails slasher.

well if it makes you feel better, but it is on rails and you do slash shit a lot.

sounds like an on rails slasher to me. but i guess you won't feel warm and fuzzy unless we complicate things. So an 'on rails slasher RPG' or whatever :lol

Cioran

Amir0x said:
sounds like an on rails slasher to me. but i guess you won't feel warm and fuzzy unless we complicate things. So an 'on rails slasher RPG' or whatever :lol

but you don't just slash, you wave the remote in a circle motion when you use a lightning spell :p

Cioran

Amir0x said:
oh sorry. on rails slasher/magic casting simulating RPG

thanks! :) the on rails thing doesn't faze me, I'm hoping it helps give the game focus and lets them try different puzzles and challenges.

...but then, I also enjoyed Killer 7.

PantherLotus said:

you're welcome! where's the flying puppy?

Amir0x

Banned
Cioran said:
thanks! :) the on rails thing doesn't faze me, I'm hoping it helps give the game focus and lets them try different puzzles and challenges.

...but then, I also enjoyed Killer 7.

yeah i hated Killer 7, so i guess it just depends on ones tastes

ethelred

Amir0x said:
Guess it depends on what you think of the 'track record.' Although, I think you've overplayed your hand on my Level 5 appreciation. It's more of a 'Dark Cloud 2 is awesome' opinion. And they make rad graphics engines.

Playing hand? What? I don't know why you think that was targetted at you. It was a general statement.

Amir0x said:
well if it makes you feel better, but it is on rails and you do slash shit a lot.

Well, sure, but that'd be like calling FFXII "AI Training for Dummies" or Shadow Hearts II a "Free Roaming Bemani Simulator." It's pretty easy to take a focal feature of any game, pretend that's all there is to it, and then create a snarky three or four word name for it based around the dismissal of the game's design or content. It's just not helpful to genuine discussion.

Amir0x

Banned
ethelred said:
Well, sure, but that'd be like calling FFXII "AI Training for Dummies" or Shadow Hearts II a "Free Roaming Bemani Simulator." It's pretty easy to take a focal feature of any game, pretend that's all there is to it, and then create a snarky three or four word name for it based around the dismissal of the game's design or content. It's just not helpful to genuine discussion.

ethelred, being on rails and slashing IS the games central mechanic. That's not even simplifying it, and it's not necessarily critical. If you don't like games that are on rails, there's a good chance you're not gonna like DQ:S. If you don't like managing Gambits, there's still a decent chance you might like FFXII. It's much more difficult to do the same for DQ:S if you don't like on rails slashing.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Amir0x said:
ethelred, being on rails and slashing IS the games central mechanic. That's not even simplifying it, and it's not necessarily critical. If you don't like games that are on rails, there's a good chance you're not gonna like DQ:S. If you don't like managing Gambits, there's still a decent chance you might like FFXII. It's much more difficult to do the same for DQ:S if you don't like on rails slashing.

The underlying assumption/assertion by "on rails" is that you have no control over your direction, and from what I understand about DQS, that isn't true.

ethelred

PantherLotus said:
The underlying assumption/assertion by "on rails" is that you have no control over your direction, and from what I understand about DQS, that isn't true.

Well, to be fair, the game is on rails.

Amir0x

Banned
PantherLotus said:

In Killer 7 you have some very limited control over your direction (back, forward and you could turn at hallways and shit), but it's still on rails

woxel1

Amir0x said:
In Killer 7 you have some very limited control over your direction (back, forward and you could turn at hallways and shit), but it's still on rails
I'd say that Killer7 had more of a real-time node based navigation system.

ethelred

I think we should say that Killer 7 had what we could term a "Responsive and Intuitive Linear System."

We can call it R.A.I.L.S. for short.

Yamauchi

Banned
Fire Emblem looks awesome. DQS looks pretty good for a rail slasher (rail shooters are good, at least). Sonic and SSX Blur are going to make moneys.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Yamauchi said:
Fire Emblem looks awesome. DQS looks pretty good for a rail slasher (rail shooters are good, at least). Sonic and SSX Blur are going to make moneys.

And 3/4 of those will be out before June!

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
ethelred said:
I think we should say that Killer 7 had what we could term a "Responsive and Intuitive Linear System."

me like :)

Haunted

PantherLotus said:
****ing awesome Fire Emblem screens
Hell yeah!Just ordered PoR to properly prepare myself for this game!
Error2k4 said:
FE10 let me touch you
:lol QFT

So DQS is a real-time node based navigation slasher/magic casting simulating RPG?

ethelred said:

:lol nice.

Is movement similar in DQS? I had no problem with Killer 7's on-rails movement.

Dolphin

Banned
I realize that Harvest Moon has never been about graphics...but would it hurt them to just try a little bit harder? Not that I don't want the game, it looks fun and I'm sure I'll shell out the money around release day.

Top Bottom