• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video Game Wallpapers, Fan Art & Hi-Res Artwork Thread of Eternal August

-BLITZ-

Does anyone have High-Res png's of the Darkstalkers Resurrection Characters?

Right here.

Darkstalkers Resurrection

Measurements:
- 3823 x 6459
- 5935 x 6090
- 4117 x 5919
- 4744 x 5916
- 3831 x 5855
- 4125 x 5813
- 5677 x 5748
- 3569 x 5724
- 4426 x 5653
- 4988 x 5584
- 4148 x 5520
- 4321 x 5427
- 4230 x 5354
- 3495 x 5228
- 3603 x 5063
- 4374 x 5054
- 5222 x 4854
- 3475 x 4480

Hi everyone,
Been cruising through this thread and loving the high res stuff.
Was wondering if anyone had this image in super duper high res; I would like to have it done on a large print if I can find the right resolution. (This one is my FB cover photo resize)Thanks!!

I'm after some hi-res Bravely Default artwork/promo images if anyone can help out, thanks.

Nothing :/

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Saints Row 2

rxDQk5G.jpg

8MSP5xw.png

dPt4xVh.png

* 2392x3348 from PSD
* 3900x2100 (x2) PNG

Full set

Dungeons

* 2480x3508 from PSD

RACE Injection

yvvJbJ2.jpg

IS7H1Ok.png

* 3175x2381 from PSD
* 1530x375 PNG

Full set

BTHR Zero X

Sorry to be a pain -BLITZ- do you also have this one in high-res?

Darkstalkers_Resurrection_Pyron.png

If not its cool you got me the rest to which I am very thankful for :)

Here's a piece of Dark Souls fan art that I did a while ago:

It was drawn in ball point pen on A3 paper so I had to scan it in two halves so there's a slight vertical line down the middle.

I intended to colour it but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

i-Lo

It was drawn in ball point pen on A3 paper so I had to scan it in two halves so there's a slight vertical line down the middle.

That is absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Cyrano

Suikoden 4
http://www.mediafire.com/?c41ntht7ae9e1mp

As for requests, does anybody have Magna Carta: Crimson Stigmata character images with transparency? I've found some rather large ones, and they're just lovely, but I would like to do some combination pieces I think, maybe with Calintz and Reith. Maybe Irein or Lehas? Hum...

(the below image is just for reference, the images, including this one, are very large, at least in terms of resolution)

hUqLbvS.jpg

-BLITZ-

On Request.

Anyone find a large version of this poster? I want to get one printed out for my living room.

Sadly, I have no idea how compress they are because I don't have the PSD format now (maybe later) and either don't know if both can look better without the logo. Though between 12-15MB JPG is good.

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

Measurements:
- 3600 x 5400 [x2]

Muzzy

Far Cry 3

• 2000x2758
• 3925x5000
• 1600x2345
• 3750x5000
• 8579x8582

• 12000x5400

GeNoMe

Is there any Bioshock Infinite high res sweetness out there?
Can't seem the find any :/

Specifically the posters that can be found ingame.

Dacon

Banned

That is fucking gorgeous.

If you ever get around to coloring it please share.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Wow, even a game like that is resorting to a frat boy cover?
I'm pretty sure that this is not a final cover. Just wait and you will see some awful final game cover whit shitty light effects that will ruin all beauty and awesomness. I mean just look at the EDGE cover art, they even put a lot of text on their cover cuz artwork is very awful with all these light effects and you can't do anything to make it look better. Namco did the exact same thing with the Prepare to Die Edition cover art.

Cyrano

I'm pretty sure that this is not a final cover. Just wait and you will see some awful final game cover whit shitty light effects that will ruin all beauty and awesomness. I mean just look at the EDGE cover art, they even put a lot of text on their cover cuz artwork is very awful with all these light effects and you can't do anything to make it look better. Namco did the exact same thing with the Prepare to Die Edition cover art.
Yeah, hopefully it's placeholder art... but given the track record...

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Yeah, hopefully it's placeholder art... but given the track record...
The art itself is great in my opinion and Namco have at least one that looks almost the same... well, character pose is different but the effects is the same. All I'm trying to say is that this artwork is much better than EDGE cover art or Prepare to Die Edition cover, they at least didn't used the light effects which is terrible if you don't use it in a more professional way cuz as I said before it ruins all background (especially black or dark which will be filled with lots of ugly pixels) and character in some places.

Cyrano

The art itself is great in my opinion and Namco have at least one that looks almost the same... well, character pose is different but the effects is the same. All I'm trying to say is that this artwork is much better than EDGE cover art or Prepare to Die Edition cover, they at least didn't used the light effects which is terrible if you don't use it in a more professional way cuz as I said before it ruins all background (especially black or dark which will be filled with lots of ugly pixels) and character in some places.
Yeah this is true, even Seith said that one of the most important things in videogames, probably will be how lighting effects are used in the future and I think that's really important in describing how to create more fundamentally sound animation and art. Lighting's a really difficult thing to get right though, especially when you're working with flat surfaces that define depth in a 2D space.

I suppose there is a question of whether or not these images are stylized 3D which takes on artistic structures through painting decisions though. Not that I could really know from a flat image, however.

The Souls series of games are definitely my favorite series of games this generation though, and I wish I could find more art from the creators. Hidetaka Miyazaki and Michael Chang Ting Yu have created some fantastic art together.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Yeah this is true, even Seith said that one of the most important things in videogames, probably will be how lighting effects are used in the future and I think that's really important in describing how to create more fundamentally sound animation and art. Lighting's a really difficult thing to get right though, especially when you're working with flat surfaces that define depth in a 2D space.

I suppose there is a question of whether or not these images are stylized 3D which takes on artistic structures through painting decisions though. Not that I could really know from a flat image, however.
Well, I can tell you that character is a CG render which we've seen in the first trailer and it looks great but the background,... I think that originally it was completely black with some magic effect and the light effects were added using Photoshop which is not right thing to do - this is a cover art for game magazines for Christ's sake, what were they thinking?

Anyway, I've uploaded some examples (they are saved in max quality possible from original PSD) from original cover art so that everyone can see what I am talking about and how the light effects must not be used in any circumstances.

The Souls series of games are definitely my favorite series of games this generation though, and I wish I could find more art from the creators. Hidetaka Miyazaki and Michael Ting Yu Chang have created some fantastic art together.
Same here.

Coflash

How in hell that even qualifies as a "frat boy cover" is beyond me.

It's almost exactly the same as this popular pose in reverse. I can't speak for what other people consider a 'frat boy' cover to be, but for me, that's up there, which seems really strange since I doubt a game like that would ever really appeal to that sort of audience.

Giran

Would anyone happen to have the Sengoku Basara 2 Heroes character artworks? The ones that look like these. Been looking for them forever.

11745b25b67.jpggta0c.png
09041117003c4fc26051e11yzt.jpg

Varth

It's almost exactly the same as this popular pose in reverse. I can't speak for what other people consider a 'frat boy' cover to be, but for me, that's up there, which seems really strange since I doubt a game like that would ever really appeal to that sort of audience.

I suspect you have quite a personal view on the "fratboy cover" concept. And that's coming from someone who has to look exactly for that kind of overdramatic, primary-colored, eye-catching art for mag covers.

There are few things that are less mainstream (read: fratboy) than a character back shot, non-dramatic pose and an almost monochromatic, damp grey tint. Aside from that, the final Dark Souls cover had almost exactly the same composition, only with a brighter tint, so I don't really know where do you see this "fratboy turn".

And as for the EDGE cover, team ha ALWAYS been a disaster in terms of art output. For both Demon and Dark Souls, we could barely get our hands on some half-decently sized and layered art after the games came out.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
And as for the EDGE cover, team ha ALWAYS been a disaster in terms of art output. For both Demon and Dark Souls, we could barely get our hands on some half-decently sized and layered art after the games came out.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think Namco just doesn't care to much about western or european press and all high quality materials available only for JP press.

Varth

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think Namco just doesn't care to much about western or european press and all high quality materials available only for JP press.

They're not the most difficult japanese publisher to work with, in my experience. In both DS games, western press actually got all the available art.

Fact is, they focus on concept art production rather than cover or promotional arts, so in terms of coverage, all mags end up having to put up with what they're given. Hence, the shitty EDGE cover, or the many horrible ones with the first dark knight art for Dark Souls, that wasn't made available in layered form until very late.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Varth
Well, at least box art cover and another artwork that I've seen looks great and I'm starting to think that they actually learning from their mistakes ^_^

Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut

Fan Art by semsei

hchn0qq.jpg

NPDhx4P.png

* 3543x4991 from PSD
* 3543x891 PNG

Full set

Top Bottom