• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku Rumor: Respawn's Game Xbox 360/720 Only, always-online, FPS, Includes Details

Mifune

Mehmber
A few thoughts:

- BIG coup for Microsoft.
- MS abandoning internal development in favor of third party exclusives is disappointing.
- always-online moves closer to reality.
- MS supposedly playing catch-up for launch is not good news.

I couldn't think of a single game or feature that the new Xbox had going for it so far, but this one might be it. Fuck you Microsoft, fuck you.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
well for selling new systems,exclusive games is the best way to go,Mirocost next even mith get filled with major exclusives as well,Sony PS4 event was weak in this front and were showing mostly multiplat games,exclusives might be the seller point about Microsoft next Xbox.

I'll be playing this game on my PS4....maybe in 2-3 years but it will happen.

And does anyone else think this won't be a system seller? I mean yeah 360 owners usually prefer shooters (I do) but are people really expecting this to compete with COD/BF4/Gears/Halo?

A few thoughts:

- MS abandoning internal development in favor of third party exclusives is disappointing.

They haven't abandoned internal development.

Zeppelin

Doubt the COD kiddos will line up for this though. And its pretty damn likely they are going for that demographic.

Yeah, I wonder this too. Are those people really gonna care about anything without the CoD tag on it? I have a feeling this could turn out either way, if true.

A few thoughts:

So we have Assassin's Creed IV rumored to be always-online, Watch_Dogs rumored to be always-online, Destiny to be always-online, and now Respawn's new Durango exclusive always-online game.

If that doesn't scream some form of always-online adoption, I don't know what will.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
The usual Microsoft move, can't make their own games so they buy exclusive rights to others.

JaggedSac

A few thoughts:

Where did you get the bolded from?

Owzers

You need a live subscription to play most likely as well, lol.

and will there be a monthly fee on top of that?

bring on may 21st and then E3. Even if this rumor is true i still don't really care, don't have xbl gold now, probably won't buy MS' new system because of it.

If there is, the article doesn't mention it. It's possible this whole thing is timed, the game is published by EA after all.

Respawn is under EA Partners. Left 4 Dead was published by EA Partners. It might not be timed.

Interesting. This game could move more units than Gears, and as many as several Sony exclusives combined.

both available on ps3 now =3

I expect any possible console timed exclusivity to be so long that it doesn't really matter.

PC version is a question tho. It won't matter for the masses but it will be good for some gamers like me who plan at least for the moment to go with PS4 with some Durango exclusives appearing on PC too (namely I expect Alan Wake 2, no idea about this one or any of the rest).

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
People expected Activision to give up COD sales?

Right, it makes no sense to take an existing brand that's big on a ton of platforms and make it exclusive.

You do the reverse to get marketing support to launch a brand and then go from there.

sunnz

nextbox= this game

ps4= potentially Planetside 2 ( I know it's on the PC but can do well on the ps4)

Will be interesting to see it.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
expect more of this. much more. microsoft are going to be completely ruthless when it comes to leverage.

Top Bottom