• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Screen Shot Thread (56k no)

Haunted

maynerd said:
Mario party looks really fun.
yep.

Mario Party 8 will rock. My #1 reason to buy a Wii - please come out soon
er than later
goddamnit! Every new screen/impression/video is making me want this more. :(

SuomiDude

Pud said:
That Disaster shot is more than half a year old (was in Nintendo Power last year) - dunno why it was released again. But there you have it.

Every shot I see of Forever Blue makes me even more curious about the title...
Afrika killer? lol
Those "new" Big Brain Academy, Mario Party 8, Battalion Wars II, Disaster: Day of Crisis and Chibi Robo DS pics (that were shown yesterday) were all old. They're from some booklet from that Nintendo World event last November or so.

Of course they were only scanned from the booklet (to the Internet I mean), so we didn't see direct feed shots like now, but they're still old.

EktorPR

SuomiDude said:
Those "new" Big Brain Academy, Mario Party 8, Battalion Wars II, Disaster: Day of Crisis and Chibi Robo DS pics were all old. They're from some booklet from that Nintendo World event last November or so.

Of course they were only scanned from the booklet (to the Internet I mean), so we didn't see direct feed shots like now, but they're still old.

Erm, the BWii shot and newer MP 8 pics are new. Only the Disaster pic (dunno' of the Chibi Robo pics) is old, scanned from an NP issue.

Screenboy said:
54941520070222_140016_11_big.jpg

god damn those blue things need to get the f' out of Mario games.

I love the Pinatas :(

It really is a testament to how skilled Nintendo is as a developer (or how lazy other ones are) when their MARIO PARTY games look better than all but a few 3rd party offerings

SuomiDude

EktorPR said:
Erm, the BWii shot and newer MP 8 pics are new. Only the Disaster pic (dunno' of the Chibi Robo pics) is old, scanned from an NP issue.
I have these scans right in front of me, and they're from November 3rd 2006. The site is on the banned list though, so I'm not sure if it's allowed to post it here.

The article title says: "The Entire Nintendo World Book Just For You"

The Mario Party 8 scan shows Yoshi jumping on a spring at the edge of a cliff, with Waluigi and Toadette watching. Another one shows that 4 player mode with Chain Chomps. The players are Mario on the upper left, Peach on the lower left, Waluigi on the upper right and Boo on the lower right corner. The last pic shows that 2 player boat mini game (2 characters in each boat).

The BWii scan shows that aircraft shooting missiles to the ground on the vast landscape with the stonehenge style structure in the backround. Right next to it is the Disaster pic in that lava room.

The Big Brain Acadey pic shows that yellow Tetris block, and the fruit tree. That abstract face, and the dildo-like teacher character.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Eyeshield 21

On the off chance that we have some importers or some people that can read Japanese here...

Also:
Dragon Ball Z :: Soul Calibur = Eyeshield 21 :: Madden

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Index Updated! Please use this awesome resource!

Please do not quote whole posts when replying to this thread.

*Please note that as games are released they will be removed from the index. This will make a more manageable list and make this thread worth coming back to as new games are revealed. Games that made this list but are removed will be found in the appropriate month they were released in (at the bottom). All release dates are US only.*

Month-to-month releases at the bottom!!

INDEX I (pages 1-30+) <-- Clicky
(screen releases/captures, E3-06 to November 06)

INDEX II (pages 40+)
(post-launch and future games, Dec 06 - present)

Alien Syndrome - 1, 2
Battalion Wars II (BWii) - 1
Bionicle Heroes - 1
Big Brain Academy - 1
Bomberman Land - 1
Bust-A-Move Bash! - 1, 2, 3
Case Closed Wii - 1
Cooking Mama: Cook Off - 1, 2, 3
Compile Heart - 1
Cosmic Family, The - 1
Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party - 1
Densha de GO - 1, 2
Destiny of Zorro - 1
Dewey's Adventure - 1
Dragon Quest Swords - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Driver: Parallel Lines - 1
Eyeshield 21 - 1, 2
Fire Emblem: Dawn of the Goddess - 1, 2, 3
Forever Blue - 1
G1 Jockey 4 - 1
The Godfather: Blackhand Edition 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Gottlieb Pinball Classics - 1
Godzilla: Unleashed - 1
Hajime no Ippo: The Fighting Revolution - 1, 2, 3
Harvest Moon Heroes - 1
Heatseeker - 1, 2, 3
Kororinpa - 1
Legend Of the Dragon - 1
Looney Tunes Acme Arsenal - 1
Mahjong Taikai Wii - 1
Mario Party 8 - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Mario Galaxy - (coming soon)
Medal of Honor Vanguard - 1, 2, 3
Mercury Meltdown Revolution - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Metroid Prime 3 - 1
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon - 1, 2
Naruto - 1, 2
No More Heroes - 1, 2, 3
Pinball Hall of Fame - 1
Pokémon Battle Revolution - 1, 2
Prince of Persia: Rival Swords - 1, 2, 3, 4
Ratatouille - 1
SD Gundam Scad Hammers - 1, 2
Sims Wii, The - 1, 2
Sonic and the Secret Rings - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
SSX Blur - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Sudoku - 1, 2
Super Fruit Fall - 1
Super Paper Mario - 2
Super Smash Brothers Brawl - 1, 2
Tamagotchi Party On! - 1
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 - 1, 2
Tsuri (Fishing!) Master - 1
Wing Island - 1
World Championship Poker - 1

=================
January 2007 Releases - (1 title)
February 2007 Releases - (2 titles)
March 2007 Releases - Coming soon!

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Mario Party 8

I revise my opinion of this game: it looks ****ing AWESOME!! Mega-wow on some of these screens. Take a look at the whole set. Amazing!

Krowley

PantherLotus said:
Mario Party 8

I revise my opinion of this game: it looks ****ing AWESOME!! Mega-wow on some of these screens. Take a look at the whole set. Amazing!

a couple in particular stood out to me...

54941520070223_174830_8_big.jpg

54941520070222_140106_0_big.jpg

54941520070222_140015_10_big.jpg

There are others that look great too..

I see some bumpiness and a pretty clean/real/solid look...

Next gen???

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
SPACE STATION TYCOON

I would play this. It sounds cool as ****! We definitely need to see a bump up in the visuals, though.

IGN Interview said:
Space Station Tycoon puts you into the shoes of a wet-behind-the-ears kid named Shawn, and his sarcastic monkey friend Tam, who decides he wants to run space stations. He travels the galaxy building and maintaining stations where you have to deal with and serve all manner of wacky characters: a voodoo chicken, ninja starfish, filmmaker pigs, etc. These characters all have things they want from you and your goal is to take care of them so you can become the ultimate space station tycoon. Sometimes you will need to do what they want in order to progress through the game, other times you have more choice on how to deal with them. What you do can change how the character feels about you or acts later in the game. Charging a guy to use your restroom might seem like a good idea at the time, but letting him pee for free could be better in the long run.

You also have control over a mobile gravity well that opens up all kinds of ways to interact with things around your station. A visitor might not be getting to the expansion you built for him very quickly, so you can take a hands-on approach to customer service and drag him there. You can catch cannonballs and throw them back at attacking pirates, making sure they don't fire any more. You can fling mines at asteroids, blowing them up and clearing room for your station to expand.

scr_001.jpg

scr_002.jpg

scr_003.jpg

scr_004.jpg

scr_005.jpg

scr_006.jpg

scr_007.jpg

Deku

Banned
Smiles and Cries said:
what's the point of virtual Pachinko without the steel balls to trade for real cash?

Most addicts also like the tactile feel of reaching into the bucket full of steel ball bearings and placing the steel balls into the machines as well. I guess these kinds of games are cheap to make and there may be a tiny niche market who wants to play pachinko at home. Who knows.

You know I think I would rather people see me playing MySims than Sims... Sims have always seemed a bit creepy to me... But MySims is just cute :D

---

Pachinko Addiction?

wsippel

Banned
Deku said:
Most addicts also like the tactile feel of reaching into the bucket full of steel ball bearings and placing the steel balls into the machines as well. I guess these kinds of games are cheap to make and there may be a tiny niche market who wants to play pachinko at home. Who knows.
I think there were some Pachinko games for PS2 that sold like hotcakes in Japan. Usually tie-ins, Evangelion and such...

Alpha_eX

Emergency Mayhem

EM_01--screenshot_viewer_medium.jpg

EM_02--screenshot_viewer_medium.jpg

EM_03--screenshot_viewer_medium.jpg

EM_04--screenshot_viewer_medium.jpg

EM_05--screenshot_viewer_medium.jpg

EM_06--screenshot_viewer_medium.jpg

EM_07--screenshot_viewer_medium.jpg

EM_08--screenshot_viewer_medium.jpg

EM_09--screenshot_viewer_medium.jpg

EM_10--screenshot_viewer_medium.jpg

Why has the Wii become a magnet for rubbish 3rd party games?

This is pretty much a Crazy Taxi clone with the emergency theme plastered on, afew mini games just to make use of the remote.

Smiles and Cries said:
Nintendo needs to say NO, the Wii is getting raped with shit

It's hard to see it as a good thing or bad thing.

On one hand, the wii is getting lots of support. It may not be quality games that it's getting, but stuff like this can still sell well and a console can never have too many games.

On the other hand, it's frustrating because these developers could be instead making games that are actually quality. Gamers will then take notice and sales will be better as well.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Alpha_eX said:
Emergency Mayhem

Why has the Wii become a magnet for rubbish 3rd party games?

This is pretty much a Crazy Taxi clone with the emergency theme plastered on, afew mini games just to make use of the remote.

The short answer is easy portability between the PS2 and the Wii, the pipeline of shit if you will.

Amir0x

Banned
i don't know why you guys even bother posting pictures of that shit. you should be content it exists - whatever system has the most shovelware paradoxically has the most developer support and thus the most gems. So, celebrate it in a morbid sorta way and move on. But please, don't actually subject us to pictures of BRATZ: HORSE EDITION

Ranger X

Game-Biz said:
EM_10--screenshot_viewer_medium.jpg

Okay, I'm pretty sure the N64 could do that...

It sure doesn't look all that good for Wii but forget about this game on the N64, just forget it. This game looks like a cartoonish GTA3. The N64 never even came close pushing games like that...

Amir0x said:
i don't know why you guys even bother posting pictures of that shit. you should be content it exists - whatever system has the most shovelware paradoxically has the most developer support and thus the most gems. So, celebrate it in a morbid sorta way and move on. But please, don't actually subject us to pictures of BRATZ: HORSE EDITION

I don't know - I feel a strange desire which can only be fulfilled by someone posting Ninjabread Man screenshots.

Amir0x said:

Ask PL. His contention is 'If there're screens, they go up.'

I suppose there are people here who would be interested in those games *shrug*

Seriously developers need to start ****ing trying with the Wii and graphics. I feel like shitting into a game box and mailing it to some of these developers cause that's basically what they're giving us.

Captain N

PantherLotus said:
Eyeshield 21

On the off chance that we have some importers or some people that can read Japanese here...

Also:
Dragon Ball Z :: Soul Calibur = Eyeshield 21 :: Madden

That to this day is still in my top five favorite DS games. I will be picking it up week for the Wii. It of course just looks like a Wiimake, but I can't pass it up.

Muppet345

Pureauthor said:
Ask PL. His contention is 'If there're screens, they go up.'

I suppose there are people here who would be interested in those games *shrug*
Yes. I prefer this, as well, so long as Panther Lotus is OK with posting so much shovelware so often. There might be something I'm interested in, and if not, then I at least want to know about the game, plus I like reading the thread.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Kevar said:
Yes. I prefer this, as well, so long as Panther Lotus is OK with posting so much shovelware so often. There might be something I'm interested in, and if not, then I at least want to know about the game, plus I like reading the thread.

My intention has always been just to post up screens and have a bank for comparison purposes as time goes on, and to be a repository for screens that otherwise might not get any play around here.

I have definitely said it in this thread more than a couple times, but it is probably buried: I'm not stumping for Wii here. I'm not going to refuse to post anything, much less "hide" bad shots. If anything I think this thread has helped the GAF community (and beyond) come to grips with how much progress Wii developers really need to make: they are dreadfully behind some of the stuff coming out on the PS2 even now.

So, basically--yeah, post 'em all. And when we get the first Sadness screenies, and they're ****ing awful, you'll see them here. I don't give a **** if they look good or not. Not my business. What IS my business is making sure that every game company that is good enough to our community to release screens or video to the public that it gets posted here.

If that means we shit on some developers like Hudson or some other n00b developers, good! Hopefully they will hear this criticism and take it to heart: Having less power is not a license to put out bullshit!

One caution: always consider what exactly we're looking at. Is it a summer blockbuster first-party exclusive with a 10 million dollar budget? Or is it a so-called non-game with a lower entry fee (ie Brain Training DS $19.99)? Is it a port from the PS2 or the XBOX? Are we looking at a first-entry from a small developer? Before throwing the baby out with the bathwater, take the time to find out some details. What is the point of the game and what should we really expect?

Now, if I somehow forget/neglect/purposefully do not post "Animal Collecting Mah Jhong #6" don't assume anything other than the fact that I think it is irrelevant. And on the same hand, if I actually DO post some bullshit screens with horrible graphics and ****ing bullshit developer effort, don't assume that it is any way an endorsement of that product.

They put out the screens, I just post 'em.
~PL~

edit: you will notice that I haven't posted any VC games. And if I have, I shouldn't have. I approach some shit like that with a long reach. Basically, if I don't post something, it is with no agenda or motivation, but possibly I don't think it's real, or representative, or on Wii hardware, or that I'll ever see it again... I know I've missed some stuff in the past year or so. Anway, if you see something I've missed: feel free to post it!

Top Bottom