• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| |OT| Volunteer, coordinate, (index), create

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

Updating within the next six hours and re-shuffling for the newly dated games.

EDIT: Make that tomorrow morning, so within the next twelve hours. >_>

xintin

i'll be doing the OT for the UEFA Champions League Final. It's on May 25th but i'll put it up a day or two early.

edit - oh sorry, here's the formatted post
[OT] 2013 UEFA Champions League Final by xintin (01st May 2013)

I won't be able to make the Animal Crossing New Life OT, sorry! :(
Blame Nintendo for delaying the game for 6 months.

Please remove me from the list. I'll let other fans know about this, someone else will probably make the OT.

Thank you!

3N16MA

Banned
All updated.

Sorry about Iron Man 3, Sentry. Seems it happened to you again.

Shame that FilmGAF seems to think they are above it all

I beleive part of the problem is this thread is in Gaming/Community and shielded from many who stay in off topic. It feels like a thread more to do with gaming OTs. Film/TV GAF seems to have a thing going with OTs just popping up and no one really stepping on any toes. Most Film OTs are not as involved and time consuming as the gaming side which leads to less collaboration. Also I believe some are not really cool with OTs being "claimed" more than a year in advance.

I think having some type of organization is a good thing but it perhaps altered for OTs in off topic.

Nemesis_

I beleive part of the problem is this thread is in Gaming/Community and shielded from many who stay in off topic. It feels like a thread more to do with gaming OTs. Film/TV GAF seems to have a thing going with OTs just popping up and no one really stepping on any toes. Most Film OTs are not as involved and time consuming as the gaming side which leads to less collaboration. Also I believe some are not really cool with OTs being "claimed" more than a year in advance.

I think having some type of organization is a good thing but it perhaps altered for OTs in off topic.

I read the posts, I know what the issues are but some people are being really childish about it. I have to be honest and say that I wasn't sure if that was Evilore's intention when he made the original topic for OT threads to be included but when people started talking about Off-Topic threads I thought I might as well include them (and I think the fact that I have created this and not an admin or moderator also contributes to the animosity despite the fact that it was originally Evilore's post). If I recall correctly, it was also made during a time when we had community forum (rather than gaming community and off-topic community) so it was never properly moved over from that moment, if that makes sense.

I do agree about the extent to which an OT is used to detail stuff is variable between games and movies/TV - but at as an example (this sticks out in my mind most), someone worked on a Cloud Atlas OT and then someone else just posted another one (that was barely legible anyway, btw) which seemed like a waste of that original person's time. I guess it's more like a way to make sure, as you said, that nobody steps on anybody's toes - and whoever posted the Cloud Atlas OT (I can't even remember) shouldn't have just barged in and created it without consulting Sentry first via PM (which is the whole point of this thread). This has happened a few times throughout the thread - people have organised things via private message and posted the result here, so I feel the system works.

I can create one in off-topic if it helps, but given how people still don't agree with the process I'm not sure if it's even worth my time. I would ask a moderator for their opinion but I don't want to bother them with our arguments.

Regarding the early expression of interest - my argument for that is that those who are excited for the game most are probably the ones who are grabbing the OTs so early on - but most posts like that are all open for collaboration if you check the OP (though some aren't usually due to delays and what not). So there's that - but I recognise it's not a situation where every single person is like the situation I described, but I know for a fact that mine (which are claimed early) are under that banner, if that makes sense.

I might look into this when I get home (on phone right now so it's hard to elaborate my points further) and will also update the thread, obviously.

EDIT: Shit that post got big quick. >_>

SJRB

Gold Member
I would like to volunteer for the OT of Only God Forgives, the upcoming Refn/Gosling movie.

However, it's screened at Cannes in a few weeks and it has a huge release window spanning two months. Is it even worth making a thread? What is the standard procedure for things like this?

artist

Banned

This is completely and utterly false.

I claimed two OTs months in advance. A couple of holier than thou posters had meltdowns.

In the end I thought it was all petty and childish and gave up both OTs.

This reservation system works, its only people with entitlement that is the problem.

3N16MA

Banned
This is completely and utterly false.

I claimed two OTs months in advance. A couple of holier than thou posters had meltdowns.

In the end I thought it was all petty and childish and gave up both OTs.

This reservation system works, its only people with entitlement that is the problem.

Was that Skyfall and The Hobbit?

Riposte

The FFXIV release date has been revealed: August 27, 2013.

I'm seconding this request for an artist. The sooner I get one, the better I imagine.

I'm going to need someone to do the art for the FFXIV A Realm Reborn OT. What I have in mind is actually quite large in scale and will probably require a lot of cooperation and back and forth. I'm not a complete noob with photoshop and making banners, but I'm don't trust myself. What I had in mind is along the lines of the Path of Exile OT (though I see it being longer). That's why I'm thinking about finding an artist now even though the game is not going to be coming out soon. That's enough playing it up. I'm guessing this would be the best place to ask.

This still happening? We're 4 days shy of a week.

I've started on it. Not entirely sure it's gonna be done the prior Tuesday since I've been trying to find enough time between tech school and the new job. If I HAVE to get it up the week before, then I don't mind letting someone who has the time and can work a bit more expeditiously than I will be able at the moment.

mclem

Is it too early to create an E3 Bingo OT? Not sure if that should adopt the 'one week before the event approach', or should come earlier to allow people to prepare.

SJRB

Gold Member
I've started on it. Not entirely sure it's gonna be done the prior Tuesday since I've been trying to find enough time between tech school and the new job. If I HAVE to get it up the week before, then I don't mind letting someone who has the time and can work a bit more expeditiously than I will be able at the moment.

How far in are you?

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Is it too early to create an E3 Bingo OT? Not sure if that should adopt the 'one week before the event approach', or should come earlier to allow people to prepare.
Well, if you wish to have it relevant all the way up to E3 (which more or less starts on the 6th of June due to Konami's event) you might not wanna post a thread like that too early. Not more than one week prior to the 6th I'd say would keep the thread fresh until all the good stuff begins. If you want a template for the bingo, I've got a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom