• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aaron Greenberg on NextBox: E3 is all about the games, "tons of exclusives"

One would hope they have exclusives to show otherwise why own one? The question is how many are Kinect games? It is pretty simple to put together around 5-6 exclusive Kinect games. One dancing game, a sports game, a mini game collection, a kids game (another kinectimals), and something else.

The other thing I would be intrigued to see is if they have a core game that is not a shooter or a racing game. Part of the reason I like PlayStation so much is that I get a wide range of games and genres, and Microsoft has become deeply associated with shooters and Kinect.

To be honest I expect both nextgen consoles to have loads of exclusive games/dlc/apps etc at the start of the gen, alot of which third party. I also expect plenty of these third party exclusives to be timed and come out on other platforms at some point.

Yep. I'm hoping for a megaton third party exclusive. And when I say exclusive, I mean exclusive. As in, it's not going any where else. Ever.

Shake things up a little, ya know?

after next to nothing was able to remain exclusive this gen and others practically switching teams I wouldn't hold my breath

thuway

Let's get those AAA timed exclusives. Something from EA, something from Activision, something from Take-2. Microsoft opening that checkbook.

Owzers

If people were underwhelmed by Killzone 4 during the PS4 event, i'm sure they will be entirely thrilled with a long demo of Call of Duty Ghosts.

Let's get those AAA timed exclusives. Something from EA, something from Activision, something from Take-2. Microsoft opening that checkbook.

Man, they need something better than timed exclusives unless we are talking Mass Effect level of many years till going multiplat.

Gonna get hate for this but even with games like Alan Wake they should make sure it stays a console exclusive.

With 360 it had the problem of games being only timed exclusives especially with PC.

Reiko

Banned
This thread is going to get ugly.

tmFftr0.jpg

Soon?

I have no doubt in my mind they will aggressively go for the ''dudebro'' audience but it would be interesting if they had some interesting exclusives outside of racing/shooter genre. I dunno, action game in vein of OG Ninja Gaidens, RPG ect.
COD and Battlefield timed exclusive deal would be a big one, two punch for the dudebro market.

A exclusive partnership with a big name car maker or organisation for Forza would probably be something announced.

I wouldnt be shocked if MS went after MonHun to be honest as well.

Maybe another deal with Rockstar for Red Dead Next.

Maybe they get something exclusive from Ubi as well.

And who knows how big the EA partnership is. There silence on the ps4 and cutting off the Wii U could make a lot more sense after the 21th.

Maybe they get all the above, maybe just one but I expect big, big, BIG things from them though.

jeff from gb said that he heard that companies are choosing sides so no I don't think there will be only time exclusives

But wouldnt they want to make sure if the side you back arent doing well you could at some point bring your nice new IP over to the other Console, sounds like port games will be more straight foreward than before making it easier to do so.

Baby Milo

COD and Battlefield timed exclusive deal would be a big one, two punch for the dudebro market.

A exclusive partnership with a big name car maker or organisation for Forza would probably be something announced.

And who knows how big the EA partnership is. There silence on the ps4 and cutting off the Wii U could make a lot more sense after the 21th.

Maybe they get all the above, maybe just one but I expect big, big, BIG things from them though.
also there gonna buy konami, capcom, square, level 5, nintendo, apple

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

BF4 is already confirmed for PS4. EA hasn't been silent on the platform, the Frostbite team posts a lot about how exciting it is on Twitter and EA said it's a great platform for their next gen on their financial call. Lots of timed exclusive DLC and Respawn's game will be coming to Durango but they can't afford to ignore the PS4 like they did the Wii U.

Ubi is also very close with Sony right now. The other things are possible though.

We already know they also have an exclusive from Crytek as well.

An the things people support in this thread is an ugly future for gaming. Lol. Why is it so important to some that Microsoft lock up Battlefield and COD, how does that benefit anybody but Microsoft? Talk about stagnating the gaming industry. Before everyone mentions PS2 the industry was in a far different place a decade ago.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Man, they need something better than timed exclusives unless we are talking Mass Effect level of many years till going multiplat.

Gonna get hate for this but even with games like Alan Wake they should make sure it stays a console exclusive.

With 360 it had the problem of games being only timed exclusives especially with PC.

Mass effect wasn't supposed to be multi platform, it only happened because EA bought bioware

Microsoft has a strong history of paying for development and publishing especially in their Xbox 1 years

Games like rallisport challenge, project gotham, lost odyssey, Alan wake, gears of war, fable (they didnt own lionhead at first), etc are examples of their exclusives

They ended up funding too many unknowns though, which kinda hurt them. Things like kakuto chojin which were spectacularly bad.

An the things people support in this thread is an ugly future for gaming. Lol. Why is it so important to some that Microsoft lock up Battlefield and COD, how does that benefit anybody but Microsoft? Talk about stagnating the gaming industry. Before everyone mentions PS2 the industry was in a far different place a decade ago.

It's a tough market out there. That's just how competition is, yet at the same time this makes it so the other guys can work hard on something better.

Mass effect wasn't supposed to be multi platform, it only happened because EA bought bioware

Microsoft has a strong history of paying for development and publishing especially in their Xbox 1 years

Games like rallisport challenge, project gotham, lost odyssey, Alan wake, gears of war, fable (they didnt own lionhead at first), etc are examples of their exclusives

Problem is games like Alan Wake, Gears, Lost Odyssey, Fable had PC release and it makes them less appealing as exclusives especially for hardcore western market. Not for the more ''casual dudebro'' of course but for me for example I really have to question if I want to get a new Xbox if half of the ''exclusives'' either are timed only or release for PC.

I wished they went guns blazing with real lockdown exclusives. Only on the next Xbox, period.

Edit: mistake, it wasn't Lost Odyssey that had PC release. It was the other JRPG that eludes me right now.

Hindle

Banned
Any unknown, upcoming, developers could be hired to create something for them as well. Roughly the size of CD Project Red as developers go.

Top Bottom