• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack On Titan – Fan-made prototype game available now, powered by Unity 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gartooth

I watched the first 8 episodes given all the buzz and... I'm not feeling it. There are certainly worse things to watch, but it's not some masterpiece worthy of all the attention it's getting. (I guess that has more to do with the dire situation anime is in right now more than anything)

bj7PIYK.jpg

protip climb all the way up the wall and then fall back down

Nif

Have not read the manga, but after being jaded by anime for so long, Attack on Titan's awesome. Can't say I'm too interested in fan-made games about it, though.

Daingurse

"Amazing anime"... really? Are standards that low?

lol.gif

It's funny because it's true. Such a letdown for me overall. Shoulda known better though. Shounen gonna Shounen, haha. I wanted a dreadful terrifying Kaiju anime, it just didn't stay the course . . .

wait, so the anime is bad? I watch the first 4 or 5 ep and it seems good. I also read a little bit of the manga and it's really good. what's wrong with the anime?

hamchan

The manga is pretty great. Haven't watched the anime but if it's pretty much a 1:1 adaptation, with no censoring of how brutal it is, then it should be decent at least.

LiK

The manga is pretty great. Haven't watched the anime but if it's pretty much a 1:1 adaptation, with no censoring of how brutal it is, then it should be decent at least.

the anime's art is 10000x better than the manga. really quite a visual feast.

TheLight

wait, so the anime is bad? I watch the first 4 or 5 ep and it seems good. I also read a little bit of the manga and it's really good. what's wrong with the anime?
Only bad thing I've noticed is some of the violence is weirdly censored and the pacing. No idea what is going on in this thread.

I actually tried watching a couple episodes last night after seeing the gaf thread.

They will probably be the only two episodes I ever watch. Just horrible. Absolutely horrible.

Hey, it was pretty good.....for 3 or 4 episodes at least.

Shame the anime is giving it such a bad name, the manga is great so far.

Wow, I've never seen so much hatred for this show. I enjoy it a lot, one of my favorites this season. A game base around it could be cool.

Moaradin

Eh, there's a lot of hyberbole going around. The anime is still pretty good. It's slowed down the past few episodes but it isn't bad.

lol I stopped after episode 5 because it was starting to annoy me. First two episodes were solid gold though. But then the art and animation quality went way downhill and it started to introduce many irritating characters. Hoping it gets better though.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I actually tried watching a couple episodes last night after seeing the gaf thread.

They will probably be the only two episodes I ever watch. Just horrible. Absolutely horrible.

What didn't you like about it? What sort of anime do you usually dig?

Just curious. I have a friend who was trying to get me into it recently. We watched a couple of episodes and it seemed alright (was pretty wigged out by the awful monsters though).

You poor bastard. You are in for a treat!
But I'm not poor D:
okay I actually am but whatever

Maybe I should have worded it better, I watched all the way up to episode 7 then decided I should read the manga, I caught up and now I fucking have to wait. Anyway, yeah the anime is pretty cool but the pacing lately has been shit.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I watched the first 8 episodes given all the buzz and... I'm not feeling it. There are certainly worse things to watch, but it's not some masterpiece worthy of all the attention it's getting. (I guess that has more to do with the dire situation anime is in right now more than anything)

Gotta agree with you on that. I'm sorta baffled that it is getting the amount of attention and praise that it is. Seems a bit telling of how starved for a decent show the industry is.

Anyway, this isn't really the place to talk about that. It's for people who would be excited to experience a game based off this crowning achievement of modern animation.

LiK

This is the first I've heard of the anime sucking.

Admittedly, I haven't watched any of it for myself...

the last 3 eps have been slow but it's far from sucking. Kagari's comment is a bit overblown,. imo. there's way worst shit out there.

baphomet

Holy shit that anime is bad. Awful animation, asinine story, typical cookie cutter characters, just awful. I only watched it because people saying it was amazing in this thread.

Seriously, that game in the OP is probably better than what I just watched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom