• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video Game Wallpapers, Fan Art & Hi-Res Artwork Thread of Eternal August

ElPistolero

Neo Member
Hey Guys!
Thanks for these great arts!
I have an request.Can someone post all the arts of Mortal Kombat 9?The link of some previous arts dosen't work anymore and I think they are not complete!
Another question!Can someone tell me what has happened for this page: http://ettugamer.com/piwigo/

Groof

Hey everyone! I just wanted to take the time to thank everyone of you for all your good work and efforts you put into sharing all this wonderful art with the rest of us.
I've been a long time lurker of this thread (almost since its conception), and even though I've been a member of GAF for a couple of months now I never took the time to say anything to you guys. Anyway, many thanks to every single one of you and keep up the fantastic work!

ignaciogc

Yeah, anyone know what happened to ettugamer? None of the image links there are available anymore.

Not 100% sure, but the fact that they first closed the downloads and now the whole gallery, it feels like either a bandwidth (resources) issue or too many copyright headaches... I hope it is the first first as that is easier to fix.

immewnity

Neo Member
The owner of Et tu, gamer? didn't have the time to fix up the server, as it wasn't able to handle the incoming traffic. He still has all the files on the server, just in a different location, but they aren't publicly accessible ATM. Last I talked to him, he was still planning on bringing it back later this year.

Ceej

The owner of Et tu, gamer? didn't have the time to fix up the server, as it wasn't able to handle the incoming traffic. He still has all the files on the server, just in a different location, but they aren't publicly accessible ATM. Last I talked to him, he was still planning on bringing it back later this year.

That's great news, hopefully he'll be able to bring it back :)

rvy

Banned
I know I beg a lot, but Gamersyde released the Ultra SFIV art today, I guess there's no problem for some of you fine gentlemen to upload it? I don't want their watermark.

Does hi-res art exist for the new ROTT game? this is the biggest one i could find of it.

Rise-of-the-Triad-box-art-and-PC-requirements-revealed-1024x768.jpg

ignaciogc

Dishonored
Brigmore Witches DLC Key Art + Wallpaper version (scaled / cropped)

7500×8800 | 1920x1200

WWE 2K14 (updated)
The Rock / John Cena + Wallpaper versions (scaled/cropped)

4200x6300 (x2)
2880x1800 (x2)

Thanks go to emperor 69 / Sykes - I didn't find these

Melissalee2010

Neo Member
Would anyone happen to have any high-res images for Time and Eternity (Toki Towa) by chance? Please and thank you :3

Looks like Ettugamer gallery is no longer available to access the one one high-res image it had :(

ignaciogc

Would anyone happen to have any high-res images for Time and Eternity (Toki Towa) by chance? Please and thank you :3

Looks like Ettugamer gallery is no longer available to access the one one high-res image it had :(

I found this, but it is from an anime site, not a video game site, so not sure if it is something you are interested in:

Time and Eternity (Toki to Towa)

1600 × 2368

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Not necessarily the norm for this thread, but I figured it might be appreciated.

I have a powerful computer, as well as a mod that makes the bosses playable in MK9 on PC. As a result of them being playable, I can view their models in the Krypt and get high res shots of their models that aren't normally accessible.

stn

Got a request. Anyone have the Ultra Street Fighter 4 boxart but without the word "ULTRA"? Basically just Ryu. Would make for a really badass banner. Thanks!

solid mike

Has anyone posted any Tales of Xillia walls? I'm pretty hyped for it and I can't find any in this thread.
Maybe I'm not searching right

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Anything from Killer is Dead yet?
Yes, there is actually some art.... no, mostly just in-game style renders in hi-res, but as I sad before - when the time is right I will share them with all of you, if of course someone will not post them before me (^_^)

P.S. Unfortunately, I have no concept art or artworks from this game and so far I did not seen any of them in hi-res and without compression.

Cyrano

Yes, there is actually some art.... no, mostly just in-game style renders in hi-res, but as I sad before - when the time is right I will share them with all of you, if of course someone will not post them before me (^_^)

P.S. Unfortunately, I have no concept art or artworks from this game and so far I did not seen any of them in hi-res and without compression.
I'll post one of the renders I have but... I suspect most people have it already. Or rather, I suspect it's probably available in higher quality than I received.

Yes, I realize the compression is awful. That's how I received it. Sorry.

Killer is Dead

4104x5352

MapleStory

1500x2077

Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII

3057x4313

ignaciogc

Those are much better! Thanks. I've updated my links so people don't get links to lower resolution versions.

-----

Does anyone have the original artwork for this magazine article?

01_cs1w1_409x500.jpg

05_cs1w1_496x304.jpg

Thanks!

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
ignaciogc
No matter how big the images are, there's only one thing that matters - quality, and that is exactly what we don't see here. I don't even store images like that anymore in my trash folder cuz they do not represent any value to me because of their awful quality.

Cyrano

ignaciogc
No matter how big the images are, there's only one thing that matters - quality, and that is exactly what we don't see here. I don't even store images like that anymore in my trash folder cuz they do not represent any value to me because of their awful quality.
Rather unfortunate that the internet doesn't really care a whole lot about quality. It's really a space that's made to be lossy. Would be nice if they invented a sub-web or something that was better for handling larger files. Maybe a better pipeline or an improvement on the TCP/IP protocol.

Try doing a Ph.D. on this stuff... god if quality isn't the most subjective thing in the world; at least if you read the literature. Mathematical quality, undefined qualities, linguistic quality, verbosity, veracity... hell, most archives I'm now aware of in academia care more about provenance than quality (better or more closely connected provenance is more valuable than the highest-quality data object--at least to a lot of archives).

Just a request, it would be nice if anything that was posted here that's post-processed be posted in .png format if it's also an RGB image. Or possibly jpeg2000, though I don't know how well mediafire handles the data type.

Given that this is technically still a wallpaper thread, I think I'll change of pace myself and put up some yS wallpapers.

Ys Foliage Ocean in Celceta

ignaciogc

ignaciogc

Which images in particular are you referring to? The ones I posted, the ones ElPistolero posted, or the ones I requested?

In any case, I do understand that higher resolution doesn't always mean higher quality, but unless we get access to the original PSD files, or even better vector files, I try to post the best I find.
As Cyrano said, it would be great if everything was posted on either PNG, or if JPG had some metadata showing the compression rating used.
There have been situations where I've uploaded a 100% quality JPG instead of PNG because the size was just unreasonable 80Mb vs 40Mb for a 6000px resolution image. But I've only done so after looking at both side by side and deciding they were almost indistinguishable.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Which images in particular are you referring to? The ones I posted, the ones ElPistolero posted?
Both, actually.

I understand that someone may not have access to lossless materials, but posting artworks in original sizes just doesn't mean that they are better, especialy if 7500pix image is only 5MB in size. I mean, seriously, they are not better at all.

Top Bottom