• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wonderful 101 Spoiler Thread

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
HC SVNT SPOILERS

grs4v.jpg

101ag0uct.gif

101b41u34.gif

Discuss.

Nemesis_

I don't know why I've stepped into this thread now but I will make a dumb joke and say

PRESS A TO SAVE EARTH is giving my Ryse teas.

ffdgh

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow!

Phazon

HC SVNT SPOILERS

101ag0uct.gif

101b41u34.gif

I hate QTE's when used too much, but I absolutely loved that part of the game. ^^

The last mission was a very long one. It took me about 2,5 hours. It was very fun, with a lot of gameplay and bosses, something I expected from Platinum.

After playing this game, I can see that Platinum has already a ton of gameplay ready that could be used for a Starfox game. A lot of those on-rail stuff is perfect for a game like Starfox.

The revelation of the Bayonetta characters makes me sad 'cause I know I'll never be good enough at the game to unlock B herself (or the other two either, probably).

Old TV P-Star in the flashback with Nelson was cute. That time period would've made for a cool DLC expansion if the game hadn't bombed.

IrdfCyq.jpg

Did we get a response from The Wonderful 101 regrading their evil future generation revelations?

I vaguely remeber them brushing that off, sadly. Premise for a low budget sequel?

Kjellson

I think one of my favourite cutscenes in the game was where Red was telling Luka of his mother and Gimme was completely ignored.

"Short. I told you to keep it short."
"Are you even listening to me?!"

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
EatChildren, are those your own unlocks?

Press A to Protect Earth is the best QTE ever. I want a Platinum Robo figure, hope to see it in other PG games.

Would love to read a sentaï fan take on the game's references towards the genre. There's a few obvious tropes but I'd like to learn about what inspired the game.

We need a Vorkhen thumbs down gif, loved the guy's interaction with Wonder Red especially Vorkies whole introduction repeated by Red with a different delivery each times. His Maximum Wonderful surprised and had me in stitches. I could see a Wonderful Vorkhen game featuring 100 vilains.

All in all I was hyped for P-100 since day one and Kamiya just exceeded the hype, Game Of The Forever.

I think it was one of the best parts and a really nice homage. Since there's only a couple of fights, it never felt too much too.

Well, yeah. What I mean is that I loved the first encounter as a homage, but the second Punch Out (Op8) fight devalued that a little for me.

At least there was no traditional boss rush this time...

Entered for Earth protecting mashery and was not disappointed, it's harder to mash A when you're gradually cracking up.

zlCfzRHKOTAhsyp9fO

Unite Big with the Statue as my entire leg. Also god damn Miiverse quality. Or is it because I took the screenshot with the picture in picture mode?

Neff

Press A to Protect Earth is the best QTE ever.

Pretty much. I can't think of any other that had me in the grip of its weepy, ecstatic 8D 8D 8D feels to the extent that that scene did. The Earth spinning rapidly lends it just the right demented, off the rails edge. Just the perfect end to the perfect game.

I don't buy toys anymore but damn if I wouldn't be tempted by a Virgin Victory replica.

The Wonderful Times
Earth collectively vomits

'VIRGIN VICTORY OPERATOR PRACTICES SMILING' was my favourite.

Salih

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...Fire!!!!

The Gurren Lagann of videogames!

That 'A' smashing to protect the earth was so insanely satisfying and funny.

This game ;_;

self promotion in this game goes a bit overboard.

it begins with the opening and then starting with Operation 8 they really do self promotion to the maximum.

not saying that its bad or anythign but i had to chuckle at mother platinum

Well now, surely some things should be left for yourselves to figure out ;)
It's on miiverse and gamefaqs for those who really want to spoil themselves, though.

Vinnk

Haven't played it yet (have a US Wii U). But don't care about spoilers since that spoilery trailer. This is a pure hype thread for me. Can't come soon enough.

Resilient

Haven't played it yet (have a US Wii U). But don't care about spoilers since that spoilery trailer. This is a pure hype thread for me. Can't come soon enough.

There are some truly special moments in the game you should experience in the moment, don't read about them in here!!

Alrus

Hated the Punch Out bosses :( I just don't get them, I always take a shitload of damage and can't even pull off a single special attack without getting interrupted (that's when I even manage to get 3 platinum stuff...)

Regiruler

zlCfzRIx028PZ01_vH

Apparently "Uber-Morphs" exist (that's what I'm calling them). I'm assuming you need all the regular members of a weapon type and all of them at max level?

EDIT: Someone get a gif of that "and end this nightmare FOREVER" bit that has the creepy broken face of jergingha.

Top Bottom