• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The NeoGAF Screenshotter's Compendium Thread

Waku

There is a FOV slider in-game that you can use. If the range is too narrow (was originally 15deg but I thought this was changed in later updates), you can change this with an ini setting for the max FOV offset. Found a reference on RPS.

Oh thanks a lot, thats just great.

One3rd

I personally love this game. Totalbiscuit does too. Brothers is a game that oozes charm with a lush art style. Sadly, it's also plagued with low res textures and low poly models. Still, it can give you some nice screenshots. I couldn't help but explore the world with a free camera.

There are a few caveats with this game so I'll get those out of the way first.

The only way to get free camera is to use the UE3 Debug Camera.
It's great that the devs left that in, as it's nice to have free camera. However, when you use the debug camera, you get additional elements drawn on screen that get in the way of screenshots (game info in top left, camera frustums, and a white line that does who knows what in the middle of the screen). This means that the best way to screenshot this game is using TiledShot. Using Tiledshot with an overlap parameter will remove some of those elements. Additionally, you need to remove the game's vignette for tiledshot to give you normal screenshots.

When using the debug camera, you need to add in normal bindings AS WELL as bindings for when debug camera is active. Included below is a binding that removes the vignette AND the camera frustums added by debug camera (PAGE UP). You can bind multiple commands to a single key by separating them with a pipe.

File for bindings: ...\Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\P13\Config\P13Input.ini

[Engine.PlayerInput]
Code:
Bindings=(Name="F1",Command="FOV 10")
Bindings=(Name="F2",Command="FOV 20")
Bindings=(Name="F3",Command="FOV 35")
Bindings=(Name="F4",Command="FOV 50")
Bindings=(Name="F5",Command="FOV 60")
Bindings=(Name="F6",Command="FOV 70")
Bindings=(Name="F7",Command="FOV 80")
Bindings=(Name="F8",Command="FOV 90")
Bindings=(Name="F9",Command="FOV 100")
Bindings=(Name="F10",Command="ToggleDebugCamera",Control=False,Shift=False, Alt=False)
Bindings=(Name="F12",Command="TiledShot 6 500")
Bindings=(Name="PageUp",Command="SET MATERIALEFFECT bShowInGame FALSE | show camfrustums")
Bindings=(Name="PageDown",Command="PlayersOnly")
Bindings=(Name="NumPadZero",Command="fly",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadZero",Command="ghost",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadZero",Command="walk",Control=False,Shift=True,Alt=True)

[Engine.DebugCameraInput]
Code:
Bindings=(Name="F1",Command="FOV 10")
Bindings=(Name="F2",Command="FOV 20")
Bindings=(Name="F3",Command="FOV 35")
Bindings=(Name="F4",Command="FOV 50")
Bindings=(Name="F5",Command="FOV 60")
Bindings=(Name="F6",Command="FOV 70")
Bindings=(Name="F7",Command="FOV 80")
Bindings=(Name="F8",Command="FOV 90")
Bindings=(Name="F9",Command="FOV 100")
Bindings=(Name="F10",Command="ToggleDebugCamera",Control=False,Shift=False, Alt=False)
Bindings=(Name="F12",Command="TiledShot 6 500")
Bindings=(Name="PageUp",Command="SET MATERIALEFFECT bShowInGame FALSE | show camfrustums")
Bindings=(Name="PageDown",Command="PlayersOnly")

That file already has a binding for removing debug camera once active, which is ALT+C

I've heard from a few people that not all numpad keys work in debug camera, so I avoided using them from the get-go. Feel free to use them for more FOV options. I have no idea if they really work.

Example screenshots:

9679966415_522ef1da0a_h.jpg

9694525150_c74b0e6ac3_h.jpg

Those should be enough to give you an idea as to the game's art style

Thanks for this Neoenigma, I just started playing this game.

Bindings=(Name="NumPadZero",Command="fly",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=Fal se)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadZero",Command="ghost",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=T rue)
Bindings=(Name="NumPadZero",Command="walk",Control=False,Shift=True,Alt=Tru e)
Shouldn't the space in the above bindings be removed? So it looks like;

Code:

It's probably obvious, but I thought I'd point out that the file you want to add all these commands to is the P13Input.ini file in the C:\Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\P13\Config location.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

Code:

It's probably obvious, but I thought I'd point out that the file you want to add all these commands to is the P13Input.ini file in the C:\Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\P13\Config location.

I dont think you have the game name anywhere in the post, but I am checking on my tablet so something may just not be appearing.

Code:

The spaces were added when I pasted that code. Not sure why. I've noticed that happens on occasion. Also, yeah, I forgot to mention the input file for bindings :)

I dont think you have the game name anywhere in the post, but I am checking on my tablet so something may just not be appearing.
It's Brothers :p

One3rd

Sorry mate, fixed. I must be too tired, off to bed now I think.

The spaces were added when I pasted that code. Not sure why. I've noticed that happens on occasion. Also, yeah, I forgot to mention the input file for bindings :)

It's Brothers :p
No prob. Didn't take too long to find but there can sometimes be 2 or 3 files where these settings can go, thought I'd save someone having to search.

Interesting game. I thought my language settings were broken until I realized that that was just how they talked! =) I really like the game-pad controls...they just fit this perfectly. And I never say good things about game-pads!

One3rd

Variable Camera Distance
If you don't like the restrictively close camera, one method is to use widescreenfixer to move the camera out with a variable slider.

I'm using an app called Widescreen fixer that has saved me on more than one occasion. I found it here but the download link on the page doesn't seem to be working. I uploaded it here for you.

Cheat Engine Table
Neoenigma had a cheat engine table for a lot more camera flexibility for screenshoting that you might want to check out at this thread on Flickr.

4K or higher resolution when not supported by your monitor
The method used was thanks to neoenigma and Stein3x and required modifying the settings.txt file, using two monitors, and SRWE. A bit ungainly but the result was worth it.

The basic premise is to trick the game into thinking you have the available image space (desktop area) for a 3840x2160 window (or whatever res you want to force).

1. Edit the Deadspace C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\Electronic Arts\Dead Space\settings.txt file to force windowed mode and 3840x2160. Relevant section below.
Code:
Window.Fullscreen = false
Window.Gamma = 0.05100505
Window.Height = 2160
Window.Hz = 60
Window.Left = 0
Window.State = 0
Window.Top = 0
Window.VSync = false
Window.Width = 3840

2. Setup your dual monitors so that the total desktop area would cover the resolution that you want to render. I wanted 3840x2160 which meant I needed to set both of my monitors to 3200x1800 and set the secondary to portrait - effectively giving me a 5000x5000 window. You only need to maintain this resolution to start the game. You can set the higher res for your monitors, start the game right away, and by the time it finishes starting up the screen resolution would have timed out and gone back to your previous setting. Deadspace should still be in a 3840x2160 window though.

3. Use SRWE to re-size the window and remove the border.

4. Win!

As Stein3x noted, Deadspace runs very well at 4K even on an older 560Ti. I was able to get this 4k resolution, SSAO forced in NVidia Inspector to medium or high, and either SMAA or FXAA using SweetFX and still have a somewhat playable framerate (25-50FPS).

Examples showing how far the camera can be brought out with WidescreenFixer

Just wanted to get this documented somewhere

No Hud, Hide Weapon

Find your "..Documents/Shadow Warrior/profiles/<your-profile-name>/binds.cfg" file

You may have to run the game once to generate it.

Add the following binds (change the keys to something you'd prefer)

bind +f5 "r_draw_hud 0"
bind +f6 "r_draw_weapon 0"

Using the exec command to run multiple commands at once
You can create a new text file in the same directory as your executable. Add the following text:

r_draw_hud 0
r_draw_weapon 0

Name the file "hide.cfg"

Create another text file and add the following:

r_draw_hud 1
r_draw_weapon 1

Add the following to your binds.cfg file:

bind +f5 "exec hide.cfg"
bind +f6 "exec show.cfg"

Now your F5 key will hide your hud and weapon at the same time. F6 will show them again.

Using the exec command for easy resolution switching
I have a few config files I have setup for easy resolution switching. This is, of course, for screenshot purposes. First, my binds:

bind +f11 "exec config\res_3000p.cfg"
bind +f12 "exec config\res_1440p.cfg"

I have all my config files in a folder called "config" so it looks for that folder in the game directory and then loads the named config file. You could just place them in the same directory as the executable but I like my folder to be a bit cleaner.

Here's what my "res_3000p" config file looks like:

default:r_fullscreen_modes "2880x1440"
r_fullscreen_modes 6000x3000
r_fullscreen_width = 6000
r_fullscreen_height = 3000
vid_restart

The first 2 lines might not be necessary, but they're set in the config file so I set them here too. The last line is important. "vid_restart" is required to force the resolution change. Otherwise you'd set those parameters and nothing would happen.

Quick enabling\disabling of post processing
This game uses a lot of post processing filters you might want to turn off\on. Firstly, I'd recommend turning off the blur filters. They straight up ruin image quality by blurring the game far too much. I have a key that sets my post processing filters to my preferred default state, then additional keys for turning more of them on\off.

Binds:
bind +numpad1 "pp_film_grain_enable 0"
bind +numpad2 "pp_film_grain_enable 1"
bind +numpad3 "pp_dof_enable 0"
bind +numpad4 "pp_dof_enable 1"
bind +numpad5 "pp_glow_enable 0"
bind +numpad6 "pp_glow_enable 1"
bind +numpad8 "exec config\pp_disable.cfg"
bind +numpad9 "exec config\pp_enable_all.cfg"

My "pp_disable.cfg" file:
pp_dof_enable "1"
pp_blur_enable "0"
pp_film_grain_enable "0"
pp_glow_enable "1"
pp_sharpen_enable "0"
pp_screen_blur_enable "0"
pp_radial_blur_enable "0"
pp_sun_shafts_enable "1"
pp_color_grading_enable "1"
pp_ca_enable "0"

So when I run that I disable blur, film grain, sharpen, screen blur, and chromatic aberration. And just to see how they ruin things, I have a key that enables everything. Yuckery ensues and I immediately switch them back off. It's nice to see the change though :)

Fly Mode
It's possible to use "s_fly_mode" in the console\binds... but it's disabled in the Steam version. I'm legally and morally obligated not to tell you which version it works in.

Just wanted to get this documented somewhere

No Hud, Hide Weapon

Find your "..Documents/Shadow Warrior/profiles/<your-profile-name>/config.ini" file

You may have to run the game once to generate it.

Add the following binds (change the keys to something you'd prefer)

bind +f5 "r_draw_hud 0"
bind +f6 "r_draw_weapon 0"

Using the exec command to run multiple commands at once
You can create a new text file in the same directory as your executable. Add the following text:

r_draw_hud 0
r_draw_weapon 0

Name the file "hide.cfg"

Create another text file and add the following:

r_draw_hud 1
r_draw_weapon 1

Add the following to your binds.cfg file:

bind +f5 "exec hide.cfg"
bind +f6 "exec show.cfg"

Now your F5 key will hide your hud and weapon at the same time. F6 will show them again.

I'll add more to this later. Gotta go to work.

Thank u Neo. Anyway HUD can be removed ingame easly by setting NO HUD!

So we have now options for Dead space 1 and 3 but other then Neo's cheat engine is there something for 2 ?

I have a cheat table for 1, 2, and 3. But I need to make the tables for 2 and 3 more user friendly...

Send me all your spare free time and I'll see what I can do :)

Thorgal

I have a cheat table for 1, 2, and 3. But I need to make the tables for 2 and 3 more user friendly...

Send me all your spare free time and I'll see what I can do :)

Take your time . there's no rush :)

i also tried to download some cheat tables from your Flickr thread that was posted above.
but for your Dead space one and other tables. instead of getting a download file it opens a new page with this :

naamlooszqszt.png

Any idea what the problem might be ?

I believe the issue to be on my end.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Take your time . there's no rush :)

i also tried to download some cheat tables from your Flickr thread that was posted above.
but for your Dead space one and other tables. instead of getting a download file it opens a new page with this :

naamlooszqszt.png

Any idea what the problem might be ?

I believe the issue to be on my end.

You can just Ctrl + S to save the page. As you can see by the file name at the top, it's just opening the file as a text. Save it as "deadspace.CT" and it'll work fine.

TL;DR - Build resolutions based on total pixel count. Use your max DS res as a baseline to determine best AA (for the most part). Then, you can find a max count, and use this formula to use whatever AR you want:

a = squareroot(total pixels) and then AspectX(a) = ResX, AspectY(a) = ResY.

At the upper limit, nudging the total pixel count up, and determining a res that way will allow you to wring the most out of your IQ (but will likely require a windowed mode). The same is true nudging downward.

The Idea:

So, I often find it tough to get the right image quality out of a game, because I am hitting the vram wall. The card is will to slog through the frames, but its not allowed to thanks to a framebuffer that is just too large for the vram. This is nothing new. And surely alot of folks have the vram headroom, but the card hits its limit in power. The same will still apply.

But working around this brought a few ideas to mind.

First there are the variables. Similar to photography, where you balance what you have available (iso, shutter speed, aperture, etc.) with what you want aesthetically (exposure, motion, DoF), with IQ in games and for screenshotting, you have a number of things to balance, really only towards either or both of two ends: FPS and Aspect Ratio. You have your vram, your GPU power, your resolution, and your AA.

I am clarifying a way to balance these things most optimally, mainly by approaching things with 'total pixels' in mind. Its not the horizontal resolution that determines vram usage, but the total of course. Obviously 3840 x 1634 is lower res than 3840 x 2400. (~6mil vs ~9mil)

The idea is really just that you find a good 'upper limit' baseline, and tweak from there. When tweaking, two more variables arise, downsampling limit, and fullscreen/windowed (or unlocked) capability in the game. Most games seem to be able to have some way of forcing into a windowed mode and run beyond your downsampling limit, especially with SRWE and Stein3x's recent find of SoftTH.

Obviously with the downsampling limit, you can't surpass it to gain extra IQ. But in some instances, you may want to step down from it, but for instance, only icrementally, or in a different AR.

So, its not really a very complicated concept, I just plan to outline the different ways that referencing total pixel counts helps to max out a game, or moreover your system in general, and streamline the 'trial and error' method.

First you take your max downsampling resolution (as it is universally runnable), and determine the total pixels. For instance, mine is 3840 x 2400, which is about 9 million. Select this resolution and see what you can do (which is the usual SoP). Then you'll have some sort of situation with the game

There are basically three:

1. With Antialisng, you've either maxed it out, or you max out a certain level. You want to try and squeeze out some more IQ

2. The above, but you want to squeeze better FPS out.

3. The above, but you want to try a different aspect ratio.

4. You can tell that you are very close to running the next AA level, thanks to how your vram usage looks.

In any case, you use your max DS as a baseline to see where to look for your true 'max pixel IQ'.

Now, as an example, in NFS:MW, I can run the game at ~9mil pixels (16:10 4k) with SSAA 2x. Only SSAA is offered, and if I try 4x, it is a horrible slideshow or crash. But performance at 2x is pretty good, and not capping my vram, so I want to find what more I can do.

AA is usually very intensive, like MSAA, SSAA, or TXAA, or light, like SMAA or FXAA. The latter are post AA, and done much differently, thus easier to run and carries little impact on vram (compared to the former). So, from your should be able to determine what your general level of AA capability is from your max DS res, and won't need to fiddle with the AA afterward. I've found that usually the best AA you can do at your max is the basis for the best IQ you can get, rather than lowering the res to manage higher AA levels - unless you are in situation 4. In that case, it is helpful to have a many different 'total pixel' DS reses that step down from your max, in order to notch in quickly whether or not you can in fact get, say, 8xMSAA without trading much actual res. (its a little murky becuase it is hard to quantify, as far as I know, how much vram the AA pass is taking).

If you're going beyond your max DS res, you have to run the game windowed. That part is covered in other posts. From there, rather than trying to jump the X and Y res up bits and see what you can get away with, work from total pixel increments. I went from 9 to 10mil. The quick way to get your res is to find a variable to plug into your aspect ratio, i.e. 16(x):10(x) to get your total res. Its probably apparent, but effectively you're looking for the square root of your total pixels dived by the product of your aspect ratio, i.e. 10mil/160 = 62,550, and the root of that is 250. Then 16(250) * 10(250) = 4000 x 2500. Thats my max res at 16:10. At 16:9 its 4224 x 2385.

You can push further by smaller total pixel increments, but I'd suggest minimum increments of 250,000, and even then the difference may be quite small. 1mil is a noticeable difference, both in IQ and performance.

So its also quickly apparent how this is helpful when, as I have been doing with Crysis 3, you're juggling different aspect ratios.

I definitely recommend trying out different ARs. It's cool stuff.

I hope that wasn't too much of stating the obvious, but I've found its refined my IQ a good bit, and made the process of finding a sweet spot for games much quicker and more exact.

Anyone know what the UE3 binding for noclip/free camera is in madness returns?

Surprised to see we don't have a dedicated Alice post.

Here's one that PixieGirl wrote on the abandoned Screenarchery Wiki.

There's no free camera. You basically used ghost to fly around, then used the Fixed Camera command to lock it in place. Then you can either move Alice out of the scene, or fly her into position with ghost while the camera is fixed (that can be tricky)

antitrop

Surprised to see we don't have a dedicated Alice post.
I posted Duncan's Alice bindings on the first page of this thread, not really sure what else would need to be added.

"Finicky" is to put it lightly. Setting up camera angles in that game is work.

I posted Duncan's Alice bindings on the first page of this thread, not really sure what else would need to be added.

"Finicky" is to put it lightly. Setting up camera angles in that game is work.

Hey! Don't look at me. There's no post in the list of games called "Alice" and that's what I looked for :p

It's no worse than Remember Me. Probably even a bit easier. I dont think it's too bad. You have a free camera in a sense that you can move the camera wherever you want. You just have to press a key and move Alice out of the way afterwards :p If you're clever, you can still get Alice in the shot and sometimes in really unique ways.

From Nic Clapper:

One3rd

Betrayer leaves most UE3 commands intact. So I'll throw in a nice suite of commands and add in a little explanation for some.

[snip to save space]

Do these binds still work in the Alpha? I can't seem to get any to work after adding to UDKInput.ini.

[edit 1]
Figured it out. Looks like these binds now need to go at the bottom of the UDKInput.ini file at the tail end of the [UTGame.JaguarPlayerInput] section.

[edit 2]
Hmmm...looks like everything works for me but PlayersOnly and Notarget.

In case you didn't know:

I just found out nvidia cards may put your video color range into 16-235, rather than 0-255, even when 'use application' is selected. I was finding VLC videos washed out, and finally came across the little gem of a suggestion to changes this manually.

original.0

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
In case you didn't know:

I just found out nvidia cards may put your video color range into 16-235, rather than 0-255, even when 'use application' is selected. I was finding VLC videos washed out, and finally came across the little gem of a suggestion to changes this manually.

original.0

Where would you go to check that?

Edit: Figured it out, and mine was totally in limited mode too. I had noticed it in the past but just assumed it was a result of that being how videos were encoded.

Example of the difference:
1LVmaGk.gif

Settings can be found and adjusted here.

Sethos

Banned
Really wish I had a more game related place to talk about my new monitor. I remember some people were impressed when my old monitor did 5120x3200@30Hz. Well, I can report my new cheap Korea monitor does 5120x2880 ( 16:9 version ) at 60hz -- So it's actually a resolution that every game will pick up. So if anyone's looking for a monitor to downsample ...

I'm in love.

EDIT: Scratch that, it's able to do it at 90Hz as well - What the fuck kind of PLS panels are they using?!

Edit: Figured it out, and mine was totally in limited mode too. I had noticed it in the past but just assumed it was a result of that being how videos were encoded.

1LVmaGk.gif

Huzzah! I was especially frustrated, as I was trying to check an export for commercial work, and it looked balls!

Really wish I had a more game related place to talk about my new monitor. I remember some people were impressed when my old monitor did 5120x3200@30Hz. Well, I can report my new cheap Korea monitor does 5120x2880 ( 16:9 version ) at 60hz -- So it's actually a resolution that every game will pick up. So if anyone's looking for a monitor to downsample ...

I'm in love.

EDIT: Scratch that, it's able to do it at 90Hz as well - What the fuck kind of PLS panels are they using?!

Oh dude, that sounds awesome. Congrats! But... sethos... 16:9??? haha.

Really though, do you mean 90hz 5k? 90hz in general would be nice. What's the monitor?

Sethos

Banned
Oh dude, that sounds awesome. Congrats! But... sethos... 16:9??? haha.

Really though, do you mean 90hz 5k? 90hz in general would be nice. What's the monitor?

I know, I know :(

I'm looking into doing a lot of recording, work out some montages etc. especially with Battlefield 4 around the corner. Then 16:10 is an ass format to work in, because that either means big fat black bars on YT or having to manually crop which looks awful.

And yes, it's a Qnix QX2710, one of those pesky Korean monitors. It's 60Hz standard but overclocks to 120Hz easy. So a beautiful PLS panel, 1440p and 120Hz. However it's apparently also a downsample beast, 5120x2880 at 90Hz it seems to accept no problem.

I have hit one snag though ... Nvidia CP apparently doesn't want to save the 60 and 90Hz versions. They work, I press "Yes" to save it but it doesn't show up. Only the 30Hz =( =( I need to find a workaround.

Still, a beast panel for 400 bucks.

I'm looking into doing a lot of recording, work out some montages etc. especially with Battlefield 4 around the corner. Then 16:10 is an ass format to work in, because that either means big fat black bars on YT or having to manually crop which looks awful.

And yes, it's a Qnix QX2710, one of those pesky Korean monitors. It's 60Hz standard but overclocks to 120Hz easy. So a beautiful PLS panel, 1440p and 120Hz. However it's apparently also a downsample beast, 5120x2880 at 90Hz it seems to accept no problem.

I have hit one snag though ... Nvidia CP apparently doesn't want to save the 60 and 90Hz versions. They work, I press "Yes" to save it but it doesn't show up. Only the 30Hz =( =( I need to find a workaround.

I'm in the market for a new monitor, and I will definitely check this out. Maybe it doesn't save because that res/hz is too high bandwidth for the cable?

Sethos

Banned
I'm in the market for a new monitor, and I will definitely check this out. Maybe it doesn't save because that res/hz is too high bandwidth for the cable?

No because then it would never even reach the test state, at the test state it's running the designated settings. It would throw up an error when hitting the test button if it doesn't support it.

One3rd

1LVmaGk.gif

Settings can be found and adjusted here.

Whaaaat? Mine was set to limited as well...does this mean I've been living in a colorless world? Oh wait, that's just Betrayer!

Thanks for the heads up guys, I'll try it out.

Timu

Yours can downsample? Mine couldn't but maybe I need to try it once more.

OK i got another issue.

when using e_screenshot 1 command it takes the shot the same way as a tiledshot would do it but the end result is this :

Anyone know a fix for this ?

I had the same problem. I actually gave up on tiledshot for 95% of the game. Only figured out a fix when I was at around the final level.

In the config where I was setting my tiledshot resolution, I had to set "e_screenshot_min_slices" to 4

Thorgal

I had the same problem. I actually gave up on tiledshot for 95% of the game. Only figured out a fix when I was at around the final level.

In the config where I was setting my tiledshot resolution, I had to set "e_screenshot_min_slices" to 4

Where should i add that command ?

i tried to put it in my own cfg file but it doesn't work .image still comes out scrambled unless i am doing it wrong.

this is the file :

PS.removed the command earlier.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
You guys should really mention the name of the game in the posts or the titles of the post.

Based off the screenshot of your folder above, Crysis?

Where should i add that command ?

i tried to put it in my own cfg file but it doesn't work .image still comes out scrambled unless i am doing it wrong.

this is the file :

PS.removed the command earlier.

Putting that command in "autoexec.cfg" should be fine. You could also try entering it directly into the console. Can't guarantee that it will work. That is just how I solved it. Tiledshot in CryEngine is a buggy mess.

Thorgal

Putting that command in "autoexec.cfg" should be fine. You could also try entering it directly into the console. Can't guarantee that it will work. That is just how I solved it. Tiledshot in CryEngine is a buggy mess.

Sadly it did not work.
It is still producing a scrambled image .

I even tried putting the command in the autoexec. cfg file in the root folder .

since Fraps only produces black images i think i am close to giving up.

Edit: scratch that .Afterburner works .

Sethos

Banned
Well I have 670s so I'm hoping to get it to work.=p

But it's not about how much power your GPUs have. It just seems like a random mix of what panel you have, GPU and driver set. Even beyond that there seems to be a random factor, down to the cable you are using.

One3rd

So you think that 4K isn't enough for you?Well you've come to the right place!

Thanks for this Stein3x. I've tried a couple of times to get this working on a number of games and got it working tonight with DmC. Achieved 4k, 5k, and 8k on my 560Ti. The 8k was only running at 2FPS but it is working!

Figured out what my problem was with Looking Glass, as long as I switched the games resolution back to my desktop resolution before quitting I was able to start it back up and then change in-game to 7680x4320 without requiring SRWE to resize the window at all.

I did have trouble getting SweetFX to work with SoftTH though, it wouldn't start with a d3d error popping. Removed the DLL from SweetFX config and it would run...but not with the res I want.

Anyway, I just wanted to express my gratitude for the hard work you, neoenigma, and others did to find this solution.

Super Muffin

Neo Member
Just as an update for the Syndicate write-up in the OP, the sweetfx install locations have changed somehow. There was probably an Origin update.

The Sweetfx files can all be put in the Syndicate\System\Win32_x86_Release folder together and sweet will work with no issues.

Leks

I'm trying to "bullshot" Batman Arkham City but tweaks in bminput.ini tend to disappear after the game starts even though they have sometimes worked (not all in the same time). I don't know how to keep them for ever.

Here are my tweaks:

Code:
Bindings=(Name="F10",Command="Tiledshot 4")
Bindings=(Name="Divide",Command="ShowHud")
Bindings=(Name="Multiply",Command="fov 120")

By the way, the only time tiledshot command worked screenshots were only at base resolution (1080p).

Is Games for Windows Live the reason of these issues?

Thorgal

I'm trying to "bullshot" Batman Arkham City but tweaks in bminput.ini tend to disappear after the game starts even though they have sometimes worked (not all in the same time). I don't know how to keep them for ever.

Here are my tweaks:

Code:
Bindings=(Name="F10",Command="Tiledshot 4")
Bindings=(Name="Divide",Command="ShowHud")
Bindings=(Name="Multiply",Command="fov 120")

By the way, the only time tiledshot command worked screenshots were only at base resolution (1080p).

Is Games for Windows Live the reason of these issues?

did you put the file "read only" ?

generally its the first thing i try .

Batman Arkam City is pretty locked down when it comes to debug functionality. Tiledshot was removed, as were most of the useful commands. It's a crappy game for screenshots, unfortunately.

Top Bottom