• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

73V3N

Banned
Ok.
I have 1h45m to:
- fully uninstall MotionInJoy and fresh install SCP DS3 Drivers (because I don't want shit fucking up my playtime anymore);
- finalize Dark Souls installation;
- handle GFWL in some ways I don't know;
- install DSFix and other stuff;
- play the hell out of Dark Souls;
- be back here for the big announcement.

WILL I BE ABLE TO DO ALL THIS STUFF?

I hope you don't end up with a button mapping problem.
I've been trying for hours to fix it but looks like I will have to get used to using the start button to lock-on enemies.

chronomac

I stayed up until about 2 AM trying to get my new PC to work. Bought it on Reddit and everything works except for the video card, a Radeon 6830. If I take it out of the machine, it'll boot up and works like a charm. I plug it in and it does the same but doesn't show in the Device Manager at all, which I think it should. So I go into the BIOS and pick it out as the video setting (instead of onboard graphics) and it doesn't even boot. Had to take it out, then switch back to onboard to get it to the desktop. So very frustrating. All I wanna do is game, yo.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Post openly in the Origin thread....that's what I did with mine. Taken or not, at least you don't have to worry about them anymore
There's an Origin thread?!
Sounds scary, somehow.

But yeah, that might be a good idea. Thanks. Although I'd like to know if they're taken or not, might someone get interested in them at a later time.

Copons

I hope you don't end up with a button mapping problem.
I've been trying for hours to fix it but looks like I will have to get used to using the start button to lock-on enemies.

Well, in theory the Xinput thingy just emulate X360 pad on the PS3 one, so as far as the game knows I'm using a X360 pad and it better shut up and let me die already! :D

Grief.exe

I stayed up until about 2 AM trying to get my new PC to work. Bought it on Reddit and everything works except for the video card, a Radeon 6830. If I take it out of the machine, it'll boot up and works like a charm. I plug it in and it does the same but doesn't show in the Device Manager at all, which I think it should. So I go into the BIOS and pick it out as the video setting (instead of onboard graphics) and it doesn't even boot. Had to take it out, then switch back to onboard to get it to the desktop. So very frustrating. All I wanna do is game, yo.

Video Card is most likely fried then.

Why did you buy a computer on Reddit?

nexen

I have Dead Space 1 and 2 on Steam, and Dead Space 3 on Origin. I know it's silly, but it bothers me not having the complete trilogy listed under either of these.

You should be able to just "view cd key" for DS2 on steam and redeem it on Origin too.

In case you plan of playing anytime soon please let me know if you like it, always looking for some nice impressions from fellow GAFfers for the upcoming Halloween Month.
I should be able to give it a good solid try this weekend. I'll post impressions here.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
I had this happen with a few games earlier in the year. Just install them again and Steam will detect the existing data.

I'm trying that right now with Castlevania, but Steam's still wanting to download the entire game even though it's already on the HDD.

Turfster

This might be a silly question, but does the card have enough power?
If it does, then yeah, probably a dud card.

Shambles

I'm trying that right now with Castlevania, but Steam's still wanting to download the entire game even though it's already on the HDD.

If it's anything like backing up game folders and copying them to a new HDD it will look like it's downloading it fresh when it seems to just be scanning the games data to make sure it's all there. Might take a few minutes per game.

BorntoPlay

Yes. Though uninstalling MotioninJoy may be a bitch if it leaves some remants of it in the drivers manager.

Everyone should just go the XInput workaround, seriously. I don't have a 360 controller to see if it conflicts with the PS3 controller but it's the BEST way of using a PS3 controller on PC right now.

So then you're... abusing Modbot... to do "giveaways" elsewhere? Something Stump didn't really want people to do?

i dont abuse modbot... i dont do "giveaways elsewhere", i gave directly to friends....but if give away some "bundle games" I've won is a crime, please excuse me.... but dont be a jerk about it, just let me know .. ;)

Copons

Oh man, GFWL sound effects are totally the same of when Mac from It's Always Sunny in Philly tries to perform some martial arts.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Ok.
I have 1h45m to:
- fully uninstall MotionInJoy and fresh install SCP DS3 Drivers (because I don't want shit fucking up my playtime anymore);
- finalize Dark Souls installation;
- handle GFWL in some ways I don't know;
- install DSFix and other stuff;
- play the hell out of Dark Souls;
- be back here for the big announcement.

WILL I BE ABLE TO DO ALL THIS STUFF?
No.

If it clicks with you, after booting up and playing some Dark Souls you'll want to look at the time and probably scare your pants off. Now you know how Civ addicts feel.

maty

What's your problem??? many of those "bundle games" were givenaway to friends who cant buy games, I live in Venezuela where exist an iron control over the dollar exchange, only allow us to spend $ 400 annually on digital purchases ... And if I played little lately is because I have work to do, when I get vacation'll have more time to play ... Dont judge me without knowing me ... ;)

It tell what I see, at least be honest and ask the giver if he is ok with it when first claiming a game. Then there would be no problem I guess.

I live in Argentina and we also have a restriction when buying dollars and pay taxes when paying in foreign currencies. In fact we don't have access to US dollars unless we buy them in the black market or travel abroad and they only give you a small amount so the place where you are going better have credit cards or you are fucked.

Copons

No.

If it clicks with you, after booting up and playing some Dark Souls you'll want to look at the time and probably scare your pants off. Now you know how Civ addicts feel.

Civ addiction is probably what will lead my current relationship to a wreckage.

derExperte

Indie Royale Alaska Bundle http://www.indieroyale.com/

Electronic Super Joy for: Steam, Desura, Windows, Mac, Linux
March of the Eagles for: Steam
Rigonauts for: Steam, Desura, Windows
Sengoku - Way of the Warrior for: Steam. Desura, Windows
99 Spirits for: Desura, Windows, Greenlight

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
New Indie Royale is live.

Indie Royale - The Alaska Bundle
Electronic Super Joy
March of the Eagles
Rigonauts
Sengoku - Way of the Warrior
99 Spirits

All but 99 Spirits have Steam keys.

EDIT: D'oh beaten

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
If it's anything like backing up game folders and copying them to a new HDD it will look like it's downloading it fresh when it seems to just be scanning the games data to make sure it's all there. Might take a few minutes per game.

It's definitely not a few minutes. It says it still has about an hour left and that it's downloaded 3GB out of 14. It looks like the game is redownloading rather than scanning.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
What's your problem??? many of those "bundle games" were givenaway to friends who cant buy games, I live in Venezuela where exist an iron control over the dollar exchange, only allow us to spend $ 400 annually on digital purchases ... And if I played little lately is because I have work to do, when I get vacation'll have more time to play ... Dont judge me without knowing me ... ;)

You're using ModBot to get keys you already have/don't care about to give them to your friends?

Dick move, bro.

eyeless

i dont abuse modbot
iDrIJQRpXMyxv.gif

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=72579376#post72579376
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=74525935#post74525935

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Yeah giving his friends free games, what a jerk move!

When the keys are given in this thread, they're meant to be given to GAF members. Not friends of GAF members.

When I want to give friends some keys, I buy them, I don't take that chance away from somebody in here.

Knurek

New Indie Royale is live.

Indie Royale - The Alaska Bundle
Electronic Super Joy
March of the Eagles
Rigonauts
Sengoku - Way of the Warrior
99 Spirits

All but 99 Spirits have Steam keys.

EDIT: D'oh beaten

Just a heads up, the bonus album (with amazing music by amazing Blitz Lunar) was previously available for free. If anyone is contemplating getting the bundle for it (which is entirely possible with that selection of games), wait, I guess it will go back to PWYW after the bundle ends.

Indie Royale Alaska Bundle http://www.indieroyale.com/

Electronic Super Joy for: Steam, Desura, Windows, Mac, Linux
March of the Eagles for: Steam
Rigonauts for: Steam, Desura, Windows
Sengoku - Way of the Warrior for: Steam. Desura, Windows
99 Spirits for: Desura, Windows, Greenlight

I wish the Indie Royale bundles were PWYW. Kind of interested in Electronic Super Joy and 99 Spirits, but not $5 interested.

Kammie

Yeah giving his friends free games, what a jerk move!
If he's doing that it's not so reprehensible, but the idea is that the giveaways are for gaffers themselves. I could have redeemed 10 Mirror's Edge keys by now and given them to people I know, but that's just unfair to all of you guys.

BorntoPlay

It tell what I see, at least be honest and ask the giver if he is ok with it when first claiming a game. Then there would be no problem I guess.

Also I live in Argentina and we also have a restriction when buying dollars and pay extra taxes when paying in foreign currencies. In fact we don't have access to US dollars unless we buy them in the black market or travel abroad and they only give you a small amount so the place where you are going better have credit cards or you are fucked.

I generally do that (ask first)........ I am glad that there is someone in the group who understands my situation ... Argentina is suffering the same situation as us in Venezuela, but we have 13 years with this "exchange control" .. Honestly I'm thinking leave the country, there is no future here .. =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom